Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-23-2014, 3:04 PM Reply   
Jeremy got the best of me in ... classiness.

I concede.

And that said, here on WW, I've butted heads with some of the toughest, like Joe Umali (in the day, if you can remember him), Wes Pesos (now the dropper of thoughtful links rather than posting anything of content ... but like a troll, not using his real name) and so on.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-23-2014, 10:01 PM Reply   
John:
Wow blast from the Past "Joe Umali" LOL yea that guy was/ is a total TURD. But yes your right the other 2 People you talked about don't frett it thats their typical M.O they both drink from Obamas unit " nothing to see here folks" ask a question get a smart ass reply thats their way of letting you know how smart they are! So much for reasonable debate! Might as well insult the prophet Mohammad🌴
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-24-2014, 6:54 AM Reply   
When have you ever had a "reasonable debate", Grant? Give us all a break.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-24-2014, 7:23 AM Reply   
I sure miss DaMoose he was always reasonable
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       10-25-2014, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftskir View Post
I sure miss DaMoose he was always reasonable

Where's that fellow been?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-26-2014, 10:50 AM Reply   
Yep
Attached Images

Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-26-2014, 12:36 PM Reply   
Money to be spent containing ebola? Billions.
Money to be spent containing televisions from tipping over and killing people? Zero

Money which might be spent 5 years from now battling ebola if not prevented from jumping from the 3 hot countries into India or Brazil? billions ... and billions ... and ...
Money which might be spent 5 years from now battling televisions from tipping over and killing their owners? Zero.

"Is that provable, or are you just sharing an opinion? "

^^^ just sharing an opinion.

Wes ??? troll ??? yep.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-27-2014, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
Where's that fellow been?
Shreddin' the gnar, bro!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2014, 12:21 PM Reply   
Did anyone see 60-mins last night? They had the 4 Nurses from the Texas hospital that responded to Mr Thomas Eric Duncan ( Ebola patient ) a few things came up that I didn't know.

First off the Care Givers at that hospital had amazing courage! knowing what they were dealing with and went threw they have my respect.

#1 No one at that Hospital had been Officially briefed on Ebola and how to handle infected patients!
#2 The first Nurse to handle him Had done her Own online research about Ebola.
#3 Thomas Eric Duncan Lied to Hospital Staff and CDC staff about where he had been. He told them he had come from Africa in one Statement and then later said He had not traveled and was from Dallas.
#4 Hospital staff were warned about people from Liberia and surrounding places to be on the look out But not warned specifically of Africa.
#5 The CDC's protocols for Ebola protection were not enough. (The CDC did not call for full body covering) the neck, head, face and other areas were not covered/protected areas under the CDC protocol.
#6 While treating Duncan The Dallas Hospital came up with their OWN protection protocols Full body coverings double gloves and double mask ect.
#7 3 Weeks AFTER the Dallas hospital had come up with i'ts OWN Ebola protection protocol the CDC adopted the Dallas hospitals protocol.

Ok here is my gripe. The "CDC" Center for Disease Control by the meaning of it own name is supposed to "Control Disease" How come they are not or WERE NOT on the for front of education to Hospitals to show them how to deal with EBOLA before it burst into the Dallas Hospital. Education and Protection would have gone along way to put people at rest. Thank God hospital staff did their own research weeks before the CDC showed up to learn how to contain and treat Ebola.

As far as "over reaction" and Media Hype, This was caused IMO by the lack of education. And IMO that start's and falls on the shoulders of the CDC.

Last but not least when Duncan showed up the 2nd time at the Dallas hospital he was a Mess. He was a Puking & Diarrhea machine gun. They closed off 20 ER rooms (That's Huge) to contain and treat 1 person. Just think what it would be like if you had 100 people infected with it what it could and would do to a Hospital?
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-29-2014, 8:03 PM Reply   
Sounds like some peoples typical Saturday or Sunday morning...puking and the squirts
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-30-2014, 2:26 PM Reply   
"Ok here is my gripe. The "CDC" Center for Disease Control by the meaning of it own name is supposed to "Control Disease" How come they are not or WERE NOT on the for front of education to Hospitals to show them how to deal with EBOLA before it burst into the Dallas Hospital."

I was just saying this the other day. What in the heck have they been doing for the last 30 yrs WRT Ebola. I get the sense they're like, "aw hell. now we have to actually DO something for our paychecks".
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-10-2014, 1:12 PM Reply   
USA Ebola watch...still only 1 confirmed death, the media must be so disappointed!
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       11-10-2014, 1:17 PM Reply   
Check the Ebola hashtag. That fad has come and gone already. On to the next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2014, 2:39 PM Reply   
During flu season each year Stanford Hospital sets up a "Flu Tent" it's a giant tent/ make shift treatment center away from the ER this is were people that have the flu or think they have the flu can go and get treatment. The idea was people didn't have to visit the ER room and potentially pass on the flu. So early on symptom of Ebola are Flu like symptoms its going to be a interesting flu season. Nurse's Im sure in the back of their mind are going to be wondering if they are treating a person with the flu or something else.

And for all the 'Nay Sayers" do you think its Media Hype that drove Kaiser nurses to strike for 3 days because they felt Kaiser was not prepared to handle Ebola.
Old     (rlwagens)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-10-2014, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
During flu season each year Stanford Hospital sets up a "Flu Tent" it's a giant tent/ make shift treatment center away from the ER this is were people that have the flu or think they have the flu can go and get treatment. The idea was people didn't have to visit the ER room and potentially pass on the flu. So early on symptom of Ebola are Flu like symptoms its going to be a interesting flu season. Nurse's Im sure in the back of their mind are going to be wondering if they are treating a person with the flu or something else.

And for all the 'Nay Sayers" do you think its Media Hype that drove Kaiser nurses to strike for 3 days because they felt Kaiser was not prepared to handle Ebola.
Be wary of groups taking advantage of the current media rage to advance their personal wishes. Many times these are cases of groups pushing to get other totally unrelated issues addressed (ie: patient ratios, staffing) by redirecting a public outcry. Every time I see another survey of x number of nurses saying their unit isn't prepared for Ebola or other related outbreaks I think about the near impossibility that a case would actually be sent to their specific unit (like an Ebola patient would ever be anywhere near a telemetry unit).
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-10-2014, 7:50 PM Reply   
Silly nurses they're so cute
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-21-2014, 5:44 PM Reply   
This thread died from ebola.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-02-2015, 9:28 AM Reply   
Hello? Ebola? Did you kill everyone? Sooo many people in the US died from this that the news had to stop reporting on it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-02-2015, 12:02 PM Reply   
I heard that vaccinating your kids can give them Ebola.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2015, 8:06 AM Reply   
I think that some good came from what you might call HYPE. Most hospitals had little to no training about Ebola. What the threat of a pandemic did was force hospitals to come up with a "plan" to handle a outbreak should it occur. My wife is a Nurse. She works at a major hospital here in the Bay Area. Before the "HYPE" as you call it the Hospital had NO PLAN of action at all. The hospital had no information at all on how to handle a person. OR protect it's staff. Yup one of the best hospitals in the state was not prepared. When doctors and nurses are getting infected (like they did) how long do you think medical professionals are going to be usefull and would even be willing or to scaird to show up to work?

IMO yes the Media coverd it 24/7 was that a overreaction! Of corse. We're hospitals not prepaided Yes! Should that have caused consern Yes! Are Hospitals better prepared should a major outbreak occur Yes!

And if you thought Ebola was a joke then you should catch a plane and go to Lybria and tell that to the people who dug the mass grave sights and villages that were devastated.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-03-2015, 10:53 AM Reply   
Sorry Grant, it was a joke for this country that the media overhyped! They made it sound like we were all going to die and that this thing was going to spread like wildfire even though there still to this day aren't as many deaths as the common flu. Did some good come out of it? Yes, it did make hospitals more prepared.

Just keep the numbers in mind though, still <10,000 deaths since the 70's for Ebola. Measles caused 2.6 million PER YEAR prior to 1980 and even with a vaccine, 145,700 died last year alone yet people still think it's ok to not vaccinate for that...back to our regularly scheduled program.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2015, 11:01 AM Reply   
Timmy sounds like your disappointed the body count did not live up to the numbers you were told. Tell me how did you feel when the media told everyone mass pandioma was gonna happen with the Y2K bug hit!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-03-2015, 11:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Timmy sounds like your disappointed the body count did not live up to the numbers you were told. Tell me how did you feel when the media told everyone mass pandioma was gonna happen with the Y2K bug hit!
Well, since I was a computer programmer at the time coding COBOL/Assembler for United Airlines flight res system and had just spent 3 years fixing all of the bugs, I already knew there would be no issues.