Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2014, 5:24 PM Reply   
A film crew filming a show in and about Oakland get's robbed at gun point home invasion style.

I saw another News station covering this robbery and it was so funny. The director was telling the news station covering the robbery in her interview she said She " was very sad because the robbery go's against the shows message that was trying to show Oakland in a friendly light"

Directors TRANSLATION We no know Oakland is Ghetto but we want to make a show that put's it in a light that is not Ghetto, But while filming this show things got Ghetto! LOL LOL

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ry-on-the-set/

But then again I guess this thing is nothing new for O town
http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...nd-4704823.php
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-16-2014, 6:42 PM Reply   
What I want to know is how did a dyke get pregnant. Perfect location for this. Total cesspool.

Barrel meet the bottom……
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2014, 7:38 PM Reply   
It's sad because Oakland has some of the best real estate in the bay aera. No doubt it has some very nice places. But just like Ants at a picnic it only takes a very small minority to make it not so fun. We should send the military in and Invade Oakland. LOL Go after ROACHES with drone attacks LOL
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-16-2014, 8:04 PM Reply   
You’re right, it’s too bad. I used to go to Raiders games with my dad as a kid. He was a season ticket holder before the move to LA. I wouldn’t walk the streets down there now if you paid me.
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-17-2014, 1:25 PM Reply   
I used to go to the Raiders games in South-central. I never had a problem. But that's how it is in the ghetto, everything is great right up to the point where it suddenly isn't.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-18-2014, 9:03 AM Reply   
I have family that used to live in Oakland, Berkley now. I would always try to have them come out to Fremont or to Discovery Bay where other parts of our family were instead of going there to visit them.
The few times we did go down there, we were in my 3 series (about 7 years old at the time) and I could see random guys on corners eyeballing me as we drove by. Not like, look at the car, but more like, "Keep moving, you stop here, we're going to rob you and take that car!" Definitely did not feel welcome there at all.
Always makes me wish that the California laws weren't as restrictive and I didn't have to lock my gun up at the border.