Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-06-2014, 9:42 AM Reply   
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/23/travel...ers/index.html

If you have ever seen the movie "pacific heights" where a tenant turns out to be a professional scammer who takes up residency in a nice couples home and refuses to pay and destroys the home and the home owners can't do anything about it but spend thousands in court and get no where. Living nightmare.

These 2 dirt bag brothers Rented a condo from this woman. In California people who rent for more then 30 days are officially "tenants" and simply can't be removed even if they have not payed!!!! I can't believe we have laws on the books that Protect these types of people.

IMO if you own a home you should have the RIGHT to evict who ever you want when ever you want (with in reason) home owners having to jump threw hoops to get what is legally right is just so lame.
How many nightmare story's like this have to happen till the state changes the law.
It's just so sad how the law is so UN fair at times and is not balanced and sides with the scammer
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-06-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
when the law doesn't help, it's time to take matters into your own hands, imho.

hire a couple bouncers and a moving truck, load them up and boot them out. if they want to pursue legal action afterwards, that's fine, let them do that from their 'new' condo. Sounds like a legal battle is going to happen, might as well have his condo to himself while legal stuff goes on vs living with the people you're in court with.
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       08-06-2014, 10:07 AM Reply   
Yea, we've had one bad tenant in the townhouse we rent, that by the time we got them out of there probably put us down a couple grand. It's pretty ridiculous how many more rights the tenant has than the owner. Often-times the laws will nullify stuff that's in your lease too, even though both parties signed up to it.
Old    bigdtx            08-06-2014, 10:07 AM Reply   
Had a friend with a problem like this. He told the tenant "fine, you can stay, but we need to do some maintenance on the unit." He then removed the front & back doors for "repairs" and cut off the water to "check for leaks". He told them you can either sue me, or you can leave. They left.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-06-2014, 10:10 PM Reply   
I think it's awesome that sometime you could evict people
gang-Sta style. Ya know go in and throw these fools out quick style. But these days the pro's would somehow take advantage and some how come out on top because you layed hands on them.

The guys in the condo that are not paying rent say they got sick from drinking Unfliterd tap water.
The owner said they were gonna shut off the power, and the dirt bags said they are computer programers and if they shut off the power the would sue.
What a joke!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-08-2014, 4:59 PM Reply   
Tenants abusing landlords is too common. California is especially tenant friendly, not sure why as its the owners who pay all the property taxes, city taxes, rental tax...Tenants pay sales tax.
My partner and I recently turned over a pile of $67000 worth of bad debt from tenants to a collection company. Its all from the last 6-7 years. They havnt collected a penny in close to 3 months.
About 20 years ago (when we were young and dumb) we did a gorilla eviction. Tenants had stopped utilities and using the place as storage. We went over and unloaded the place, I was throwing her wedding dress out the window onto the lawn as she pulled up to the house
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2014, 8:47 PM Reply   
gorilla eviction that's Aewsome!!!!
I wish they could film these guys getting thrown out in their ass.
What sucks is The law is suposed to be FAIR & BALLANCED. But some how the law favors the scammer. To me it's a simple deal. If you don't pay your rent then your DONE you have NO rights your gone simple as that.

If your living in someone else's home then you play by their rules. If they want you OUT then they should have the right to say BY BY. You do t want some one telling you how to live? Then BUY YOUR OWN HOUSE. Be your own Tyrant!
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-12-2014, 1:33 PM Reply   
I had a buddy who had the same issue. He went to a biker bar and gave a couple of big dudes some cash and presto the tenants were gone the next day. Not very nice, but very effective.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-20-2014, 8:49 AM Reply   
Watched 20/20 last night and saw this roach!
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2646456

This guy straight moved into a house in a upscale hood and set up camp and produced paperwork that says he had the "right" to be there. Guess what it worked!!!! Dude lived in a 2.5 million dollar water front place for quite a while b4 they could throw his ass out. It's so sad that what every one knows to be wrong is some how protected by these redicklous laws.