Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-11-2014, 4:39 PM Reply   
Ok so I hired this D bag not knowing what a D bag he was/is.he starts showing signs of being a D bag so I start righting him up. (Documenting all his offenses). So Rewind about 6 months. At the time the guy is working for me and he decided he has somthing more pressing to do so he leaves the job and go's and takes care of his personal business (all while being still punched in). I confront him on his Absence and lack of work that was NOT completed and he Admits to leaving the job site with out permission. I right him up and and have him Sign a document stating why he is being let go!
He admits to everything and is sorry he did what he did.

Ok so a few months later I get a Notice he has applied for Un employment. I'm like HELL NO!
I send the EDD board all the doc's outlying why I terminated this doushe. Including out employment package stating exactly what he did is against the rules and grounds for termination. (Falsifying time sheets) I even had the EDD call me and take a over the phone statement so as to clear up any Mis understandings this doush may have created in order to fool the EDD into thinking he was qualified to receive in employment. So in spite of all my straight forward communications this DOUSCHE still gets to dispute The decision to NOT allow home to receive UN employment and is Granted a EDD hearing.

This EDD hearing takes place in OAKLAND. I give up 1/2 my day for this circus I show up with all my documentation and he dosen't!
The person handling the case calls our names and the DOUSCHE is a no show so the case manager says "it's over"

Well I get a notice in the mail today saying " the DOUSCHE was in Jail and that's why he could not attend the EDD hearing" so I guess I got to give up another 1/2 day again.

O" by the way did I forget to mention this guy is a registered Sex offender. I feel like a compete idiot
That I hired such a $hit bag. I don't know where my legal rights start and end but I would so love to post this guys Mug Shot and name but don't want to get my self in trouble.

Just venting in what a broken system we have that supports the week and rewards the scammers
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-11-2014, 4:47 PM Reply   
Next time "write" him up and it could turn out better
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-11-2014, 5:52 PM Reply   
Gargnar please forward your complaint to Apple.
Attached Images

Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-11-2014, 6:06 PM Reply   
the last two posts were funny.

the first one, i agree with
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2014, 10:46 PM Reply   
My wife is HR for a company and I hear similar stories all the time. Most are worse than yours. Don't feel too bad. If you don't posses a "tuning fork" for sniffing out people like this, you might consider a different screening process. Either way, it sucks. Unfortunately, these stories become more normal when the economy begins to pick up and good people are harder to find. Better luck next time.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-12-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
Background check ,background check!!Cannot stress enough how important these are these days.
Old     (onthecreek)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-12-2014, 11:46 AM Reply   
these bureaucrats need to pay the unemployed or they risk losing their budgets and jobs. in TX people can get fired for cause or even just quit and still get paid unemployment. the details really don't matter to the agency. it's another mouth to feed which justifies their existence. there's no incentive for them to deny a claim.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-12-2014, 1:14 PM Reply   
I had a guy no call no show 3 times, wrote him up every time and terminated the last, went through the procedures and he still got his un employment, the case worker said to me, "hey it doesn't cost you any more, it just will make your monthly tax go up" like that was going to make me feel better
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-19-2014, 2:16 PM Reply   
I'm certain apple doesn't know the difference btw write and right. dousche and douche should be pretty easy to handle though!
Old     (rockballer)      Join Date: Jun 2014       08-20-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
that sucks. I hired a guy 2 months ago.... Solid worker but when he was hired he was told that he would be required to travel and he is being hired for an out of town job. Train the guy for the past 2 months and in the process he crashes a company vehicle.. rear ends a car... tell him he's scheduled to leave in 2 weeks and I will meet him on site out of town and now demands more money otherwise he's not going.... Mother $UCKER... really... 2 months in..... It's so hard to find good workers now a days.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-20-2014, 8:32 AM Reply   
Good News I just found out the hearing is Via phone. So at least I don't have to go back to Oakland. The hearing is in sothern california and I'll be calling in. I have a pretty good feeling this Dbag won't be getting jack but it's a joke that he the Dbag and Apeal over and over. Hopefully this will be the last time I will have to deal with this guy.

But I defiantly dropped the ball on this guy. A back ground check would have red flagged this guy right away.