Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JR_88)      Join Date: Jun 2015       11-02-2015, 9:29 AM Reply   
I've got this up on the Moomba forum but thought I would cast a wider net and get some additional experiences. For those that can't store the boat in a garage all winter, have there been any tips or tricks you've found to keep your boat from growing mold/mildew when stored outside over the winter? Last winter I bought one of the huge RV DampRid buckets thinking it would absorb the moisture but alas mold still managed to grow under the cover and tarp with the condensation that was created by the temperature swings. Nothing like getting the boat sparkling at the end of season to open the cover months later and the need to scrub it down again. The seats get removed so that's half the battle.

I can run power underneath the cover so I'm thinking of buying a small oscillating fan and throwing a 75w lamp sans shade to help with the air flow and keep it warmer under the cover to slow the temperature swings that force condensation on the glass. In essence, just trying to replicate the warm air circulators that are being sold. May or may not throw timers on those. Still going to use the DampRid. I think a big towel over the sunpad last winter prevented some buildup there.

Has anyone had any luck with a mold prevention spray, I haven't seen any labels yet so not sure how those chemicals would play with the vinyl. Any tips or tricks or products you've tried and learned over the years? Much appreciated!
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-02-2015, 3:13 PM Reply   
http://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-m...0v-ac--7867518

I've used one of these last couple of years. I've had no issues with mold since using it.