Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-03-2012, 2:04 PM Reply   
Got room for one more ?!

This season is about in the books, but I'll be moving to Minneapolis in about two weeks! Pumped to be able to join the great scene you guys have created!

I will not by bringing my boat ... my brother ended up buying it off of me so I might have to be a mooch, but I'm good for gas, cleaning, I have a fiance' that looks good in a swim suit, and am so out of shape my sets are like 10 minutes long!

I have only been on the water 8 times in the last two years due to injuries but my knee and ankle are both at like 100% now, so by next spring I'll be ready to knock the rust off!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-03-2012, 7:12 PM Reply   
Hey man, welcome to Sota. I moved up north but hit me up man, I am in the cities all the time and bring my boat with me. If you ever wanna come up to the woods for miles of butter and lakes with no boats your welcome At my joint any time.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-04-2012, 4:44 AM Reply   
Nick, I think you've got my cell number. Shoot me a message when you wanna rip. I'll probably be getting a few more sets in yet this year.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-04-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
@Jay - I do have your number, I'll hit you up once I get a little settle / find a place to live.... what is the water temp like these days?

@Andy - thanks for the hospitality! Side note, you still working with/for Acura?
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-04-2012, 9:35 AM Reply   
I'm up in maple grove. Pulled the boat last week cause water level is so low on our lake. But we need to get a couple of sets in next season. Welcome to Minnesnowda!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-04-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
Water yesterday was 66 deg. It's gonna drop quick though, as the forecast looks pretty bad for the next few days.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-04-2012, 7:52 PM Reply   
Water is wayyyyyy down. I'm on the same lake with John and it will sure be interesting trying to get the boat off the lift this weekend!
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-04-2012, 10:07 PM Reply   
South metro crew signing in. Welcome to mn.

And lol at your fiance looking good in a swimsuit. I'd rather gawk at her single friends, bring them too.
Old     (jcfox00)      Join Date: Mar 2009       10-05-2012, 7:17 AM Reply   
Welcome, to MN! I'm a boat whore for now, but hopefully that will change in the next year or two. Just bought a house in New Brighton right by Long lake. Cold as balls this morning, but it was just heater shirts last weekend. Not too bad.
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       10-05-2012, 8:47 PM Reply   
^^^ no need for a boat when you're going to move that close ... just put it away yesterday - guess I ruined one battery with all the music blaring ...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-08-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
Signed on an condo this last weekend - assuming there are no felonies I am un-aware of the place is mine. I'll be living at 720 Lofts in the North Loop.... now just to wait out this pesky winter.
Old     (jcfox00)      Join Date: Mar 2009       10-08-2012, 11:55 AM Reply   
That's a good location! My buddy had a condo a little more towards Mill district and it was within walking distance of a lot of bars and is was money when I was single Haha. Good fun area. There is always snowboarding to hold you over til summer.
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-12-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Signed on an condo this last weekend - assuming there are no felonies I am un-aware of the place is mine. I'll be living at 720 Lofts in the North Loop.... now just to wait out this pesky winter.
This is about 1 block from my office. Work at 800 Washington ave.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-15-2012, 8:13 AM Reply   
My guess is this last weekend, with the cold and rain has just destroyed water temps... anyone still brave enough and what thickness wetsuit / drysuit are you guys using?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-15-2012, 9:40 AM Reply   
I'm heading out in an hour. Will let you know how the water feels. It should be pretty rad, especially since I have a big hole in the small of my back on my 4/3 full suit
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-15-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj32 View Post
I'm heading out in an hour. Will let you know how the water feels. It should be pretty rad, especially since I have a big hole in the small of my back on my 4/3 full suit
I seem to remember this situation at the beginning of the year on Fish. Time to replace!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-15-2012, 2:47 PM Reply   
You are right, sir...same friggin' wetsuit. I'm going to try to tough it out this fall, and then replace in the spring. Though, I'll probably have nuts the size of peas by the time the lake freezes. Water is 53.7 deg right now. Not ideal, but certainly tolerable for glassy water G23 pull, with no other boats on the water