Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-09-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,

We were just scoping out Bass Lake and the Pines Resort. On the website, they claim "We have virtually no wind, or wind chop on the lake. Sailing is almost non-existent."

Just curious....is it true? Is this a good place to throw Double ups all day?

There apears to be a nice resort on the water.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-09-2008, 2:08 PM Reply   
Just from my experiences, they do not allow boaters on the water before 8am so at 8am its a free for all. I'm not sure if this is still the case.

(Message edited by cavlxenvy on May 09, 2008)
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-09-2008, 2:11 PM Reply   
Jarrod,
Bass lake is really small and narrow. I have been on it a couple time and it was windy as hell.Tha last time I was there (few years ago) the pwc had their own area so they werent in anyones way except themselve.
The pines resort is pretty nice to stay at, a bit pricy but worth it.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-09-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
we built a house up there and the place is a bathtub. if u had the lake to yourself it would be sweet.. but. it is a bath tub.

what movie was filmed there? it was the one with John Candy and Dan Akroid?
Old    mendo247            05-09-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
DUDE! The greatest movie of all time!

THE GREAT OUTDOORS!!!!! I watch it every year right before summer starts to get me pumped.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-09-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
oh wow, that's the scene of the great outdoors eh? Cool stuff.

Bathtub......enough said. Thank you.
Old    wayknbayk            05-09-2008, 2:48 PM Reply   
JRod...trust me, do NOT plan on riding at Bass Lake. Its a beautiful area but like Ryan said they have a 5mph restriction from 8pm-8am and the infinite amount of tubers are on the water waiting for the clock to strike 8..chop ALL DAY. I gave up on riding on day2 of a week long family vacay.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-09-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
thanks Dave.

I'm sure closing it off for an event would be out of the question too.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-09-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
J-Rod - I think the people that go there would never allow that.
Old     (spjc)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-09-2008, 4:14 PM Reply   
I have had the same experience as Dave. One thing that he didnt mention is that if you dont have a lake permit you have to get one which cost about $60.
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-09-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   
SUCK MY WAKE name of the boat LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNWdVWhyrlc&feature=related
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-09-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
j rod send me an emial and ill, lead you to the GLORY LAND that is NEAR BY!!!!
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       05-09-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
IT COST A TON JUST TO HAVE YOUR BOAT IN THE WATER. The sheriff's patrol and charge you by the foot and horsepower of your boat. It cost me almost $70.00 just for the permit to have my boat in the water. $10.00 launch fee. The chalets are alright @ Pines Resort.

8AM the lake is packed.

The only good thing is live music at the wateredge at the resort on Fridays. The local bar can be fun too. Water sucks.
Old     (michael_h)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-10-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
If your told about the glory land no one else must here about it or it wont be the glory land anymore..
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-10-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
good point michael you must know where I am talking about then....!!!!
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-10-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
J-rod. i have a cabin up there and have been going up there ever since i can remember. on a week day in the morning and toward the night you can get some decent riding in but not real great. Tony Carrol is a good friend of mine. i took him up there once like 2 years ago so just ask him about the lake hahaha. on the weekends its constant 2 foot chop. i don't even take my board with me anymore. its a great party lake for the big summer holidays(memorial day, 4th, laborday) but other than that its a worthless lake.