Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
I rode the zeus's this past weekend and loved them. Thanks to norcal mastercraft, hyperlite and cwb for hosting a great demo day.

Problem is i completely forgot to try the answers and was also limited to time on my part. I just wanted to see if anyone has ridden both pairs and what they thought. I noticed it seems most of cwb's team is on the answers now wether its due to choice or marketing i dont know. From what ive read and heard about the zeus's are a higher wrap with more ankle support but are you still able to poke out grabs and do you find the bindings over bearing? Also, are there any big differences between the two besides a higher wrap and tongue stiffner?

Last question is does anyone know of any other upcoming demo days for nor-cal so i can get a ride on the answers before i make my decision.

I must also say if anyone hasnt ridden the cwb faction or hyperlite tribute theyre awesome boards especially that tribute.

Thanks to the nor-cal mastercraft guys, cwb guys and hyperlite guys for putting together the demo day and just being super friendly supportive guys.

(Message edited by goride on April 13, 2008)
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-14-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
the answers are still way more flexible but still have good support. The Zues do not really allow you to poke out grabs very well compared to answers. I thought the answers had all the support I would ever need. They both have the same footbed and feel the same in every way except the higher wrap and stiffener. Personally I thought the Zues to be a bit too high of a wrap even though I could have put up with the stiffness, the combo of the two was to much for me.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-14-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
But as you ride the Zeus, they break in and are not near as stiff after breaking them in.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-14-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
When i rode with Brian Hutton a while back he was rockin the answers and he said he liked them way better then the zeus's b/c of the flexibility. but i would go with whatever you think is most comfortable to you.