Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
Heading up to Don Pedro this weekend. A buddy has a houseboat there. Anyone been there this year? We'll be riding out of Moccasin and it's not often that I leave the Delta so i'll appreciate any advice on nice riding spots on that side of the lake. Also any known hazards? Thanks in advance. Were just trying to get as much good riding in as we can on one tank of gas.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-11-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
leaving moccasin, go left out of the marina. Once you get passed the 5mph bouys, go left(not right). THat takes you out to the main body of water. Stay kinda on the left side of that body of water. After about 1/2 a mile You will see the bridge on the left. Take a left there and go under the bridge. That will take you through about 3/4mile of a not too narrow canyon(this is a good spot to ride early in the morning or sunset) then after the canyon, on your right side there will be 2 half moon shaped canyons - the first one(youll have to make a tight right, almost a u turn to get into. This is the smaller of the 2. The second (like 2 O'clock from you when you are at the end of the canyon) this is the good one to ride in. tHis is where we usually ride all day. You can go straight into the canyon, and serve up a double up at the end.
Have fun! Awesome place!
Old    stillstandin            04-11-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
Miguel hit the nail on the head, but he didnt tell you about the aggresive, killer otters, and the 12 ft cat fish that have been eating people...esp in that area. :-), Ill see you in the same area on Sat...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-11-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
Love Pedro.... Can't wait to get back this year.
Old    stillstandin            04-11-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
Evan, if I'm not mistaken, I thought I saw the CIE boat at a little mexican restaraunt in Waterford when I was on my way back from Pedro on Sunday??? Was that you guys.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
Miguel and Craig- thanks. A guy I work with said the same thing.

Craig- We'll be in a red and white Sanger 215 see ya there.
Old    stillstandin            04-11-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
Ill be in a black V215...Ill keep an I out..
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-11-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
Yup, for sure.... Great mexican food right there.

We were on our way back from McClure.
Old    stillstandin            04-11-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
How was McClure looking....it usually drops lower then Pedro. Ill make sure to say whats up next time.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-11-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
if its crowded, go right out of the five and head for the no tow zone. i usally leave everyone at camp and grab 2 bro's just before dark, we do a down and back to make sure its clear. then we head back in the deep cuts of the canyon and ride till dark. its worth the ticket. we just split it 3 ways. but i have yet to get yelled at. crystal clear butter. but dont try it during the day.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
copy that
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
Hey Bryan (or anyone)just curious, why is that a no tow zone?
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-11-2008, 5:54 PM Reply   
Evan is it the place across from Taco Bell? They serve "food to went".
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-11-2008, 6:18 PM Reply   
if it isnt windy, it should be nice there. stay around moccasin area. the channels towards flemming meadows are garbage.
Old    stillstandin            04-11-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
The place Bryan is talking about is awesome, but def be careful, Ive gotten stopped back there before for doing the same thing. I think it is that way because it is prime fishing there, and the fisherman got their way...Not %100 sure, but thats my guess
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-14-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
Don Pedro was great. A heater top was more than enough. Perfect conditions all weekend and no wind. Plus it was like a ghost town.
Old    stillstandin            04-14-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
I was out there Sunday...a couple of us trunked it...butter all day, it seemed like nobody was there. There was a crowd at the waterfall tho:-)
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-14-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
craig were you in a black sanger over buy the waterfall around 12 or 1?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-14-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
Water at McClure was pretty low. I'd say down over 100' from capacity. Hopefully that level will be coming up soon. The trestles were exposed over by the Marina.

Jeff... Yeah, across from Taco Bell. I'm not sure they serve "food to went" anymore. Ha, ha, ha.

Craig, definitely stop in and say hi next time.
Old    stillstandin            04-14-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
Billy, yes..just cruised through real quick..didnt stick around, water was to nice..
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-14-2008, 2:11 PM Reply   
i think we past you. we were in a red malibu wakesetter