Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-18-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
So from what I understand, Hyperlite fins will fit Ronix boards. I used to ride all hyperlite and now i switched to Ronix. My Covin has 1.1" fins on it and i REALLY want some .8" fins or maybe a bit smaller.

If anyone has any hyperlite "P" wings that wants to sell or trade, I'm all ears. I have about a dozen un-used "A" wings if anyone is interested in trading some of those. Let me know if anyone has anything to help me out, thanks guys.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-18-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
Grind them down, there real soft, it's pretty easy.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-18-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
Randy, people have suggested that already, but how do i go about doing so? By that i mean, with what tool should i grind them down with and how can i make sure i grind all four of them down evenly? I'll give it a shot if i get the know-how. Thanks!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-18-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
I've done it with a dremal (spelling?) grinder and a caliper for measuring. If you know anyone that works at a mechine shop of even a high school kid in metal shop could help. If you mess up a couple of times send me a PM, I've got a box full of 1.1's and I can send you some more.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-18-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
Hey thanks Randy, i appreciate it. I got bout 8 1.1's or so, so i have a margin for error to say the least. If i cant find some P wings form someone soon here ima get my grind on...so to speak.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-18-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
Elder, I know a guy who ground his down to 0.6 and loved them on a 3-DS. Good luck
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-19-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
don't grind them down, way to much work plus you mess up that perfect factory edge. which you will find out is not so perfect when you line them up next to each other. just put all four fins side by side in a small vice with the screw holes up and put them on a mill. I milled down my .7 A-wings this way in about 5 minutes
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-19-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
Shane, i dont have access to a mill....do you? i would be willing to send you a bit of cash..and my fins if you could do it for me?
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-19-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
yep! at work, send me a pm if you want it done. just let me know EXACTLY how you want them. I ride a 3ds with the .7's milled to .5 , just remember .5 is only a half an inch. not that I don't want your money, you should be able to find a machine shop to do it cheap! it takes no time at all.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-19-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
Sweet shane. PM sent, thanks!
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-19-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
no problem maybe I need to get in the fin biz?