Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (antjel)      Join Date: May 2008       05-09-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
Hey all,

I am trying to decide on a new rope and handle this year. I am pretty much settled on the Proline LG handle but am undecided on the line. Proline has a package with the LG handle that comes with their 'mainline' but I am not sure if that is the same as their Vapor 1/8 dyneema no stretchline. Does anyone know if these are the same lines or if I should go with a different line altogether? I am trying to figure out if I should buy the handle separate from the line or if I can save a little with the package.

I am an intermediate rider that's looking for maximum pop off the wake.

Thanks for the info
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-09-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
I've got the exact same problem as you. I definitely want the LG and would like to get the combo to save money, but unsure of the rope in the combo. The rope in the combo is spectra, not dyneema. It is still no-stretch, but unsure if it is as thin and durable as the dyneema. We have the Militia handle and Vapor rope now. Not really crazy about the Militia handle and the rope got caught in the propeller, cut the coating but not the rope itself.

Anyone have this combo or SK rope, help us out.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-09-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
I have the proline handle and rope combo. I'm a fan of the handle but not of the rope. The coating on it will burn your hand when the rope slides through it. I ended up buying a dyneema rope for it.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-11-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
Brandon, are you not a fan of any coated rope, or is it just this particular coated rope?
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-11-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
mine sinks.. lol
its a carbon handle
Old     (spade)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-11-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/6cNN3

thats the lg combo i have(in white) and it works great. doesnt burn our hands and the handle is awsome.