Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (davegold123)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-17-2008, 9:22 PM Reply   
i have been wakeboarding for little bit more than a year and one problem i have is i only like jumping from the right side of the wake and when i jump from the left it looks really bad or i fall. any tips
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-17-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
when you say "from the right side" are you referring to the heelside? and the other referring to the toeside? that'd be a big help for anybody lookin to give ya some tips
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-17-2008, 10:22 PM Reply   
Just practice it, sooner or later it will click, check out an instructional video or hitup a day at a camp...or have your friends help you out, its hard to give instruction w/o seeing what is going wrong
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-17-2008, 10:38 PM Reply   
I think I know What you mean, youre looking down, when you try to cross the wake on the "left" [toeside im guessing] try looking straight across to the horizon. other than that its like what nick said, im taking a lot of guesses as to what is going wrong and if you are goofy/regular, etc.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-18-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
Handle position is important. Make sure you hold the handle towards your lead hip (the hip facing towards the boat/ the hip of your front foot) If you pull the handle at all toward your belly (especially on toeside) it will be hard to hold your form through the air. You should fly through the air in the same position as what you took off in and land in the same position too. another tip: I know it is hard, but try not to let go with your back hand, unless you are going for a grab. Don't create the bad habit of a flailing back hand!
Old     (davegold123)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-18-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
ya that will help knowing that thanks. its harder for me to jump toe side
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-18-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
i always remember when coming in toeside not to take a very extreme angle into the wake. The closer to perpendicular you come when coming into the wake toeside makes it harder to go across. Keep that handle in CLOSE to your body, you may even want to let go with your back hand to keep you from opening up to the boat. Spot where your going to land, and lean toward shore when you land.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-18-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
As Ben said, on toeside, I find it easier to take a wide cut out and a nice long progressive edge in to build speed, instead of a short cut that will make it difficult to maintain body position in the air.

Keep at it, its pretty impressive when you can link tricks back to back jumping the wake.