Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-14-2014, 11:12 AM Reply   
^^Well not really^^^ But some of you may remember that's a old LL cool Jay lyric. Anyways I came across a interesting story last week. It seems 2 lady shoppers at the "Nordstrom Rack" here in Colma Ca, got into a verbal argument in the store that ended in a parking lot beat down.

Here is a Link to the story.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...nched-assault/

What I found interesting about this story is the comment's section in most of the videos or news related to this story. I found it some what disturbing that most people were saying things like "She got what she deserved" & "Karma's a Bit.H" & "that will teach here to shut her mouth"

I don't know if its a Parents Vs People with out kid's hot button topic, Or a Social, or Class disagreement

But from where I sit it's a complete Overreaction of violence on the woman with the screaming child's part. Sure the other woman should have just kept her mouth shut but I don't think in any way she deserved to loose a few teeth over what she said.
Old     (onthecreek)      Join Date: Apr 2013       11-14-2014, 3:01 PM Reply   
can't tell no baby momma what to do

i'm not saying it's right but the white chick stepped in it big time.

2 wrongs...no right
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-14-2014, 3:24 PM Reply   
I think the Momma Bear defense is a crock of $hit. IMO that's just another way of saying its OK to act up!

It's funny because this story was world news and I saw a Blog in the UK where people were talking about it and Not one of them said it was "ok' to put hands on another person over something so stupid.

To me this is straight GHETTO. This is how GHETTO people solve issue's. You don't like what someone has to say Whoop Ass! In a civilized society I think the only time its ok to put hands on someone is if they are attacking you or your loved ones and even then there is always a way out or around.

Lets say the Girl that had a beat down had a CCW permit how do you think that could have gone down?
Old     (onthecreek)      Join Date: Apr 2013       11-14-2014, 3:47 PM Reply   
i completely agree but there was an easy way to have avoided that situation. keep her mouth shut and go the other way.

telling someone how to handle their kid followed up with 'go to hell'...that's just asking for it even outside the ghetto.

if she was carrying and shot that *&%*% she would have been even more stupid. all of that for absolutely nothing in a situation that she created.

taking the high road is a concept that seems lost on too many people. either or both had the chance to do that but no, they both had to prove their point. now one is possibly going to lose teeth not to mention she's now on TV for such stupidity. the other will hopefully face charges. the store probably knows her name. doubt she paid cash.

dumbasses all around.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-15-2014, 1:37 PM Reply   
^^^ I agree^^^
When the cops came on TV to talk about this they said "in today's time It's best not to say anything"

In some ways this Keep your mouth shut or face a potential beat down is a form of bullying. We teach out kids that Bullying is bad ect but as adults we are not practicing what we preach.

If someone is acting up just let it slide because you don't want to face a beat down! I personally would have not said anything I would have just been thinking STFU! And if someone happens to say what 99% of the people are thinking how wrong could it be?

Ray Rice knocks his wife out after she spits on him twice and he is in a $hit load of trouble. People are quick to crusify him saying no mater what his wife said or did justifys hitting another person,
But in this case people are saying "she should have kept her mouth shut"

Now wich way is it????
It's Ok to lay someone out if they speek up Or you should you never lay your hands on someone?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-15-2014, 10:09 PM Reply   
^^^Valid point. Gotta love the bay area. The haves and the have nots cramped all together in the same cauldron.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-15-2014, 10:19 PM Reply   
Now let's say that unruly child had a father who wasn't out chasing the skirt of his next ho like 70% of them. There wouldn't be a problem to report on because that child would have been handled before it ever came to a stranger needing or wanting to comment on it.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       11-18-2014, 2:29 PM Reply   
Shop at the regular Nordstrom where it's too expensive for the ghetto trash, or go the the "Rack" towards the end of the month before welfare baby mommas day on the first of the month.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-18-2014, 2:34 PM Reply   
^^^^^ Best Advice Yett ^^^^^^
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2015, 7:12 PM Reply   
Update the woman "Terry Alzee" who attacked the other woman, & knocked her teeth out got sentenced to 4 months in Jail today. Do you think she will stay in jail the whole time and do you think the punishment fit the crime?