Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Zakoattak0)      Join Date: Aug 2017       12-20-2017, 1:30 PM Reply   
I have a 2016 SAN 210 with the side fold bikini (what I call the bat wings) and I saw that an option was for slot for surf bags. Unfortunately my boat did not come with this option.

What are my after market option to free up some space from all the boards on the boat?

Thanks,
Zach
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-20-2017, 7:29 PM Reply   
We had our local canvas shop sew surf pockets on our last Bimini for a couple hundred bucks. It was the same Bimini as you have, super easy to have a shop do.
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-20-2017, 7:36 PM Reply   
Found a photo.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-21-2017, 7:52 PM Reply   
Read on a post where someone used a cargo net, said it worked great, with my cross bar Bimini I may have to pad the bars with towels but I think I’m going this route
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-22-2017, 6:18 AM Reply   
That bikini bimini is so cool how it functions, how it goes out nd attaches the two short poles, and how you literally can pull tower down by pulling bimini and it pulls right into the bow , at least it does on the G, it’s a very large Bimini as well, and how it simply folds the “bat wings” and boot goes over it to travel still basically mounted in same position. Best design ever, love BU but compare that to the Z5, which I think has to be removed ? To fold tower
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-22-2017, 12:07 PM Reply   
yeah, the z5 is rock solid and nice....but needs some updates. z5 sits too low in front, too hard to get under it or stand up while driving (at reasonable speeds) is sometimes impossible. and like you said has to be removed as one piece so you have no flexability once on the water.

i have the bimini picutred...if i needed to store surf boards - which i don't - I probably would just bring a couple extra towels and wrap the darn surfboard and bungee it to the tower....
Old     (Zakoattak0)      Join Date: Aug 2017       12-22-2017, 2:38 PM Reply   
Ok, good to know. I'll try the cargo net and bungee idea until I can design something better. Adding the bags is good too, I just need to figure out the size and shape I want them. Thanks for the info crew!
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       12-27-2017, 7:55 AM Reply   
I had adjustable straps sewn in to our bimini for $70. Very cheap and can hold pretty much any type of board. I just cinch the straps all the way down when empty