Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Upload

We decided as a club we wanted to have a place where CLWC members could find one another, talk about what was going on with wakeboarding in the community, get questions answered or just shoot the breeze. Well what better place than WAKEWORLD. I would like to keep this thread in the wakeboarding discussion group as it pertains to more than just tourney information.

The Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club is Southern California’s premier wakeboard connection, founded in 1998 by a group of wakeboard enthusiasts committed to promoting the sport of wakeboarding. Our tournaments draw hundreds of riders and spectators supporting amateur and pro riders alike, showcasing local talent, some of who have gone on to professional status! We are currently the largest grassroots wakeboarding competition series in the nation!!

Our divisions cater to everyone – from the beginner to the most advanced rider…and best of all we have prizes from the most respected sponsors.

We will continue to promote the sport by providing “Learn to Wakeboard Day” events this year for the Canyon Lake community, as well as all Club members. The day is devoted to enlightening anyone who wants to learn about wakeboarding and safe boating. Staff members are on hand to provide training for the beginner, intermediate, or advanced rider. The Club provides boats and equipment for the day.

If you would like to find out more about the club please checkout our website www.wakeboardclub.com

News
Schedule
Tournament Info
Standings
Sponsors
Contact Us
Old     (mrs_porkchops)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-11-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
If the Duck's win tonight against the Red Wings, I not only will be in attendancet tomorrow the 12th (Saturday), but I will be riding my 1st tournament in the Women's Master division. Please come out. Its a great time for all- great group of people to hang and participate in a sport we all love. Sign up's start at 7:30am. Please see www.wakeboardclub.com for more information.
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
In that case GO DUCKS!!!!!
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-11-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
Damien, good to hear you're still going strong out there! Those of you not familiar with CLWC should be, real quality people. in 1999 Joe Pearson asked if our two boys (then 9 and 12) would be interested in entering in a tournament. Everyone involved made us feel so welcome, we quickly joined the club, and remained members for about four years. Made many new friends, the boys lived for the monthly tournaments and still display many of the trophys and awards they won. The "learn to wakeboard days" helped the boys go from bunny hops and butterslides to spins and inverts. Awesome family memories, they now rip it up. Don't be afraid to enter a tournament put on by CLWC no matter what your riding ability is...They are not intimidating people. Go out and have fun! And Damien, hope to see you guys at the river soon. take care, and hi to all those members who became our friends, you know who you are
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
Hey Chris, hope the boys are doing good. Would love to see you guys back out at another event. Going down to Mex anytime soon?
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-11-2007, 2:54 PM Reply   
looks like Mem weekend for us, maybe the weekend before to "prep" (any excuse) Been going down alot helping my brother get his house finished. seem to always miss you when we're down, but maybe you're down when we aren't. Read about your dockriding experience, Gatorade? I would have offered you a cerveza!!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-11-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
Well, I will meet that statement Mrs Porkchop, if the ducks win I also will ride in the womens masters division. Christopher, is this Chris Smith?? Get your behinds back out there! Good times, good times!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-11-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
Wow.. sounds like the woman's master division will be throwing down, of course we will need to have pic's posted up.
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
That was Chris Yould actually

Pictures should be up next week for both tourneys
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-11-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
Chris Yould!! Do you know how many emails I have sent you that bounced back!I have been wondering what happened to you guys for YEARS! Please bring the family to one of our comps this year. Our kids were so little when they started playing and riding together!!
I was at KKs' celebration of life and hoped to see you there as well. It was just a hard day.
Hope to see you soon!! (The WHOLE Yould clan!)
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-11-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
Frew family, My family is pulling for the DUCK'S also. Even know we were in MI for 10 yrs. Go ducks! Everyone have fun tomorrow..... sorry we cant be there.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-11-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
Yea, so what is 250.00 in gas Gordy Taylor!!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-13-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
Man,what a day,what a day!! The CLWC stop #2 went off without a hitch yesterday. Great water conditions ALL day. NOBODY brought the wind. That in combination with horseshoes, sand castles, sno cones, and a "design your mom a wakeboard" contest(not to mention, a GREAT bloody mary),it turned out to be a stellar event and a great day. It was so awesome to see some faces that we havn't seen in awhile, Shawn Wilson, Fred Escalera (Long time wakeworlders) made the trek all the way from Naci. Looking forward to seeing the shots, cuz there were cameras snapping everywhere!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-13-2007, 7:02 AM Reply   
Wow,spoke too soon, here are some shots of the riding that went down.

http://surveyor.smugmug.com/gallery/2837665#152063285
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       05-13-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
Had a great time!! Thanks to all 61 riders and the tons of spectators. Great job everyone who put on the event, you are the best!!

The site is up to date with results and tourney 1 photos - tourney 2 photos should be up shortly!!

Well we are off to Missouri - CYA Soon!!

Damien
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-13-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
Dames & Jules - Have some Harley fun in Branson!!!!

A few teaser pics...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-13-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
I heard that the boys from Nacimiento took their classes!! Way to go Shawn Wilson & Fred Escalera!!! Thats how we do it up here.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-13-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
I was wondering if we would see pics from that giant lens on the shore, great pics!

The wakeripper pics are great! A full on MJ in that one pic. Congrats on First Place!

No Vandall pics? I will post some later. Good to see him tear up that water once again.

What a blast yesterday.

CLWC is where its at fo sho!

(Message edited by slipknot on May 13, 2007)