Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-29-2017, 3:09 PM Reply   
Hey everyone

My wife want to have her own new skim board.
I have a 2009 phase5 diamond Danielo and she really love it.
I'm doing surf style since almost 4years now so I'm quite dumb on new skim boards

she's 5'8 135lbs.
She dont want to pay houdred dollars (Canadian) for a board.
I know my danielo was kind of the best skim when I bought It but maybe now it's different.
She learned with it so obviously would like to have a better board or at least equal.

At our local surf shop her preference was the phase5 diamond LUV and the Victoria Factor PCX
great end season deals and quite the same price.
They have danielo 2017 but it's a bit more expensive and she don't really like the colors (More a man board I think)

Maybe other ideas? Or review about these board and wich one she should take more than the other?

Thanks.
It's sad that we can't try boards haha.. that would be very easier to choose the right one!

Last edited by Mike88; 08-29-2017 at 3:10 PM. Reason: Tapping
Old     (pat6969)      Join Date: Jul 2017       08-30-2017, 6:43 AM Reply   
Might be tough if she doesn't want to pay one hundred dollars!! Not many boards in the sub $100 range.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-30-2017, 12:12 PM Reply   
at 5'8" 135lbs the Factor PCX will be way too fast and big. She would love the Victoria Impulse because she is the exact same size as Taylor Dorey who designed it.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-30-2017, 1:54 PM Reply   
Thank you very much Mitch

Exactly as you said, today we went to the store and she tried both on the floor and the PCX definitely too big for her.
She bought the diamond LUV. She prefered the color and the grip of phase5
That's true instead Her feet was quite too small for the PCX the center bump is really high so she wasn't comfortable.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2018, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat6969 View Post
Might be tough if she doesn't want to pay one hundred dollars!! Not many boards in the sub $100 range.
maybe the Canadian exchange rate makes it higher or something..
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-14-2018, 6:02 AM Reply   
Hahahaha. Don’t forget that some eastern Canadian are French guys! :P
My English kind of good but have some lacks sometimes, mostly when I write in English forums.
But it’s really a noob mistake lol. Thousand, thousand I will remember that haha.

And yeah I wish a thousand US made a houdred CA.