Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       05-31-2017, 7:36 PM Reply   
Hi everybody.
Just wondering wich color most people preferring for underwater transom light

I'm talking for lumitec seablaze3 or X.

I've heard that green is the most effective on freshwater (lake)
And blue in salt water

Anybody have his own experience?

I'm not searching for the impression or wich one is more "cool"
Just wondering wich color illuminate the best when nightsurfing
In my mind white would be my first choice but I'm not an expert and never tried any.
Maybe I'm wrong and I will be glad to hear your opinion
Thanks.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-02-2017, 11:31 AM Reply   
we probably cant answer which color is best since we only know what we have ..i have blue and i like it. good luck
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       06-02-2017, 12:30 PM Reply   
All things equal, white will be the brightest. After that, I've heard blue, then green, then red being the least illuminating. I went with blue and I'm happy with mine. But I don't surf at night.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       06-02-2017, 12:42 PM Reply   
Check out https://www.liquidlumens.com. I just installed 2 of the pipeline with black body and blue led.

6,000 Lumen’s for Red and Blue LED’s
7,000 Lumens for Green LED’s
10,000 Lumens for Cool White LED’s

They use a box to bump up the voltage to 36 volts
https://www.liquidlumens.com/best-underwater-lights/
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       06-03-2017, 6:16 PM Reply   
Also, I was looking at the same brand and was told my someone who would know, that hands down the X is better and brighter than the 3.
Besides white....I hear blue is the best and what I plan to go with....but I have blue everywhere else already anyway, under water is only thing I am missing.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       06-04-2017, 4:46 PM Reply   
Yep like you said seablazeX Are much brighter ( 4000 lumens) than the seablaze3 ( 1700lumens)
The X are more expensive but they are a better bang for the buck if you really need bright light for night surfing.
Instead of that seablaze3 really produce a great light too

Thanks for all your report I did some test at my city marina. Tried green, blue and white.
Like almost everybody I went with the seablazeX blue.
They look clean and are really bright.
The white on the lake make the water look dirtier and sometime it blinds the surfer.
Green was my favorite. It's true that the green light is the best on lake water but when the boat is not moving. At speed blue was better to lighten the wave
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-04-2017, 8:55 PM Reply   
I had the sea blaze x on our last boat. They are nice bright lights and having the 3 mode function is super nice as well. You can run them in on strobe or fade simply by cycling the on off switch. With that being said when looking at lights you can not go by manufacturers fake lumens claims. Look at the amp draw. The higher the draw the brighter the light.