Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-19-2010, 4:38 AM Reply   
Hi everyone! I left to Illinois for from 20may to 7th june. Can you guys recommended me any good places for riding in Ch?
Many thanx!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-19-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
contact the guys at Chicago Mastercraft, they should be able to set you up with some pulls

also

http://www.chicagowakeboarding.com/

Last edited by slipknot; 03-19-2010 at 8:41 AM.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-19-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
Fox River is pretty huge
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       03-19-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
I know it is a couple hours away, but the Ice Breaker Wakefest is taking place May 21-22 in Kendallville IN. You can check out the details at www.icebreakerwakefest.org
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-19-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
Thank you everyone!
Old     (spridle)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-19-2010, 9:27 PM Reply   
Are you down town or 'burbs?
The Fox, and the Illinois rivers are usually decent spots to catch a pull. There a fair amount of people from the Chain too.
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-20-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
- I will stay in Marriot on Transam Plaza Drive
Oakbrook Terrace. Dont know where is it...
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-20-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
Hey Boris,
I have some friends who ride regularly on the Fox River. If you'll have a car to drive, I'm sure he can hook you up with pulls.

I'll email you his contact info.

Ryan
Old     (michaelvincz)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-21-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
Boris I live in Wheaton and will be going to the ICE BREAKER WAKEFEST. If your interested in going along your more than welcome.

I am new to the Chicagoland area and will also be looking for people to ride with in the summer months. Down to throw in cash for gas and beers.
Old     (cmcxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-21-2010, 4:49 PM Reply   
Boris,

You will be staying right in between the Chain and the IL. river. The IL river is better than the the Fox or the Chain, deeper, wider, less busy, etc. I should be all healed up by then. I can give you a pull. We can either do the IL river, or a private lake.
Old     (spridle)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-21-2010, 9:03 PM Reply   
At least you're pretty much right on the highway. There's always something going on around the Chicago area. I live in a lake community, almost an hour from Oakbrook. About 1/2hr from Ottawa or Morris.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-22-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
We ride about 2 hours West of Chi near Rockford area...

Also check out some local forums:
www.midwestwakeboarder.com
www.soulriders.com
Old     (Donski)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-22-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
The crews in the Chicago-land area are pretty hard to ride with. Everyone is real tight and not so eager to ride with strangers. I have a wakeboard boat and plenty of experience to contribute to a new crew. It still took a very long time to find a solid crew up here that I was content with. Nothing like the Dallas crews back home where everyone is welcoming. Well, for the most part. Or maybe I'm just too used to southern hospitality.