Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-01-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
My buddy's looking to buy an 04 SAN. Has a lot of bells and whistles. Any regular issues/things to watch out for from 04 SANs?

Thanks!
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-01-2011, 11:53 AM Reply   
Not much to say, Its a great boat. If its a team, some people had issues with the keypads going out. The ballast system has some minor design flaws that were later worked out in 2006. Planetnautique has a lot of good information.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-01-2011, 2:20 PM Reply   
The main electrical harness wire is also undersized causing the frequent undervoltage issues with the perfect pass to, not to bad to replace while upgrading the stereo.
Old     (JDubs)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-01-2011, 4:32 PM Reply   
I have one. Love it. Its my third boat. Let me know if you have any questions on how to set up your ballast.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-01-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubs View Post
I have one. Love it. Its my third boat. Let me know if you have any questions on how to set up your ballast.
Out of curiousity, do you surf with it? I have been thinking about a 99-06 210, but have heard mixed reviews on the surf capabilities, especially port side.
Old     (JDubs)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-02-2011, 6:53 AM Reply   
I don't surf a whole lot but if weighted correctly it does throw a pretty mean surf wake. I have gone out with friends that have an 02 and the surf wake was huge.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-02-2011, 7:46 AM Reply   
I surf the port side all the time and it is pretty nice. I just have a 750 in the port trunk and the center 350 tank (stock) full and possibly whoever I have in the boat in that corner. I usually ride with just 2 or 3 people including myself. I wouldnt fret it. The keypad issue is hit and miss but expect to replace it every 5-10 years, mine was done before I got it. It is about 300-400 depending on where you get it and what year you have.

The ballast system, well, who cares, it will all get redone anyway lol. I did a malibu type setup with antisiphon valves and I wont waste my money on puppies after doing it this way. I love my setup.

I did have my gateway go out and that was 650 or so, but that was about it. I gotta run but maybe I will post more.
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-02-2011, 1:00 PM Reply   
I have a 06 210 it's been a great boat! Here's a picture of the port side surf wake, night surf and a strange low angle picture but you get the idea? We don't surf a lot in all honesty there is better boats for surfing my opinion, but the boat does everything else perfect!!!!
Attached Images

Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-02-2011, 4:23 PM Reply   
I found that weighting my surf wake like TRDon makes for a small sweet spot very close to the step. Adding some weight in the nose will make the surf wake more enjoyable. The prop rotation was changed in 06 so the port side on the 04 is the "dark side". I have not surfed behind many brands, but I have heard the old hull's surf wake isn’t bad considering it’s such a small boat.
Old     (hdultra)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-02-2011, 6:53 PM Reply   
Love mine howerver mine is for sale just looking to uprgrade to a 2010 to get some of the new features and 12 people seating. Check it out in the classifieds. As far as surfing its good on the starboard side have not tried the port but the rotation is set up more for starboard. The boat has 600 hrs and I have had no issues with it.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-03-2011, 6:28 PM Reply   
Without weight in the nose, it is a little short but it can be really steep, which I like for teaching because it gives a more abrupt push in one spot so people can feel it out. I usually surf it like that as it is because I can pump and paddle it back in if I fall back a bit and I cna have a nice push for 360s