Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-25-2021, 8:16 AM Reply   
Oh no! If we should really be outraged I wanna know.

Me personally, the US homeless population seems to be out of hand. That is a real problem I see with my own eyes.

I don’t have HS aged kids, so I’m asking how often this “boy showering with girls” thing is actually happening? It sounds like it’s something that “conservatives” are getting wound up about so I’m just curious about the evidence of its existence. Is there any?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-25-2021, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post

Me personally, the US homeless population seems to be out of hand. That is a real problem I see with my own eyes.

I don’t have HS aged kids, so I’m asking how often this “boy showering with girls” thing is actually happening? It sounds like it’s something that “conservatives” are getting wound up about so I’m just curious about the evidence of its existence. Is there any?
the homeless issues is totally out of control, for states that allow it to happen, or promote it. Allowing a few hundred thousand people create tent camps and use the streets a needle depositories and toilets is a problem.

Now for basic standards, you nor anyone, with a brain, wants boys to feel free to go into girls locker rooms or showers etc, no matter if they feel they are of the opposite sex. Once you open this box of worms, you cant stop it, and it becomes the rights of anyone who "decides" they are of the opposite sex because "they way they feel" So now that we dont have genders anymore. we can be whatever we want to be, and change that whenever it suits us. that is the definition of insanity. The left wants it and is promoting it, because it causing devision and disruption. and allows control and dictate the narrative of what "the people should think is correct" But we know its not.

so if you or when you have a child, maybe a girl, you will understand. or If some male, was to go into a changing room, in a gym and watch your wife get undressed.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-25-2021, 8:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
so if you or when you have a child, maybe a girl, you will understand. or If some male, was to go into a changing room, in a gym and watch your wife get undressed.
who would allow such a thing, or even worse vote for someone like that. shudder!

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...iverse-191860/
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-25-2021, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
distinguish from the lesbians changing with my daughter and the gays showering with my son, please.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2021, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
distinguish from the lesbians changing with my daughter and the gays showering with my son, please.
Look at you spin your web. Bravo.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-25-2021, 8:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Look at you spin your web. Bravo.
Nice explanation. I'll consider your silence as a concession that there's no there there.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       01-27-2021, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
easy answer. Do you or do you not want boys going into your daughters locker room?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2021, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:

As one of my favorite examples of libtard idiocy, I took this picture from my truck about a month ago. You can see the people who bought the sign are patting themselves on the back for housing homeless and right below is a mile-long string of homeless tents. Priceless!
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-25-2021, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
As one of my favorite examples of libtard idiocy, I took this picture from my truck about a month ago. You can see the people who bought the sign are patting themselves on the back for housing homeless and right below is a mile-long string of homeless tents. Priceless!
Not arguing -- homelessness is a problem. I'm curious how you'd solve it?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2021, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not arguing -- homelessness is a problem. I'm curious how you'd solve it?
Well, we should start by enforcing the no-camping laws that already exist. A lot of these people are actively CHOOSING to live this lifestyle. Enforcing the laws would eliminate most of it. The problem we have in my sanctuary state is far worse than in yours. I had an experience 3 months ago where I was working in San Franfreako. It gave me the opportunity to listen in on multiple conversations going on in and around a 2-block-long string of homeless tents. I left there totally pissed because the context of their conversations proved they were there by a lifestyle choice. Not desperation. I also sold one of those child carriers you put on the back of your bike on Craigslist. A lady bought it for a homeless guy thinking she was really helping a guy in need. Turned out he was wanting it for his dog that he wanted to tow around. I exchanged her money for the carrier and talked to the guy. He tried to convince me his lifestyle was awesome and free etc. I was speechless. This lady just wasted $80 trying to make herself feel better while aiding and abetting urban blight. Friggin liberals.....
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-25-2021, 8:18 AM Reply   
Also, do the gay kids still shower with the straights?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2021, 8:24 AM Reply   
Your sarcastic, idiotic rhetorical questions are just that. I’m comfortable leaving you there and letting your words speak for themselves. You lost bigly.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-25-2021, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Your sarcastic, idiotic rhetorical questions are just that. I’m comfortable leaving you there and letting your words speak for themselves. You lost bigly.
LOL, yes, so "sarcastic" to ask for examples of this really happening. The three of you are real wound up about it, so I'm looking for the real world example.

Is it a bigger or smaller problem than homelessness, which we can agree exists?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2021, 8:33 AM Reply   
So, I can’t help but notice the lack of WTF-type questions that should be asked by the MSM about Biden’s recent statements that there’s nothing we can do about the Kung Flu. That totally flies in the face of his campaign promises. Besides his executive order mandating masks (which he and his family hypocritically broke right afterwards) on federal properties, I haven’t seen this big Kung Flu Plan rollout he promised from his basement. Where did it go?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-25-2021, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
So, I can’t help but notice the lack of WTF-type questions that should be asked by the MSM about Biden’s recent statements that there’s nothing we can do about the Kung Flu. That totally flies in the face of his campaign promises. Besides his executive order mandating masks (which he and his family hypocritically broke right afterwards) on federal properties, I haven’t seen this big Kung Flu Plan rollout he promised from his basement. Where did it go?
Only a moron doesn't understand context. Right now it's a poopshow because of mismanagement before last week. Trump left office with high cases, therefore deaths will be high. There is no snap your fingers fix. Rather a slow progression to bring new positives down and flush out existing cases.

New best practices and better implementation should mitigate against a similarly bad spike in the future. But you can't undo the community spread that's already out there, and nobody ever promised otherwise.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2021, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Only a moron doesn't understand context. Right now it's a poopshow because of mismanagement before last week. Trump left office with high cases, therefore deaths will be high. There is no snap your fingers fix. Rather a slow progression to bring new positives down and flush out existing cases.

New best practices and better implementation should mitigate against a similarly bad spike in the future. But you can't undo the community spread that's already out there, and nobody ever promised otherwise.
Bullwake77!!!!! He friggin campaigned on being the second coming and saying his plan was gonna fix everything. He said his administration would “begin with getting COVID under control.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...an-do-reaction
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-25-2021, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:

based on the info from the "new" admin, cases are down 30% and hospitals are starting to drop. So lets be totally honest, its got nothing to do with either admin, I has to do with people, and time, we are seeing 1/3 estimated have had it. so if 50 million tested positive estimates are 2x 3x have had it, but not tested.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-25-2021, 9:02 PM Reply   
Quote:

So what are these new best practices and better implementations of existing issues that will “flatten the curve “ over time when implemented ?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-26-2021, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
So what are these new best practices and better implementations of existing issues that will “flatten the curve “ over time when implemented ?
Biggest would be increased access to fast and reliable testing. Test everyone in high exposure jobs once a week; require the positives to quarantine.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-26-2021, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Biggest would be increased access to fast and reliable testing. Test everyone in high exposure jobs once a week; require the positives to quarantine.
You could already get tested as much as you wanted when Trump was in office. A few weeks ago, they set up an outdoor drive up testing location two miles from my house. No appointment needed. The only thing Biden has done is order a mask mandate that he already violated himself within a few hours. Besides that, it’s all talk. Oh and I love the libterd politicians who are now claiming it’s all better now when we had our deadliest day less than two weeks ago. Lol! So dishonest. So transparent and yet they’ll never get called on it because the left owns the msm.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       01-27-2021, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wasn't it just 2 weeks ago the ER's in Cali were too full and they had to shut down again and now magically not a single peep about full ER's and we are opening again. What ever. Everyone knows it was a small portion of truth with a large helping politics. Only difference is real people are suffering over it.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-25-2021, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Bidens statement was true. Its like turning an ocean liner, it doesnt turn on a dime. You cant stop the people already in the hospital from dying. They got it on Thanksgiving, Christmas, rioting...
If you havent seen the plan, you havnt tried very hard, item 1 on google search of Bidens covid plan.
https://joebiden.com/covid-plan/
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2021, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Bidens statement was true. Its like turning an ocean liner, it doesnt turn on a dime. You cant stop the people already in the hospital from dying. They got it on Thanksgiving, Christmas, rioting...
If you havent seen the plan, you havnt tried very hard, item 1 on google search of Bidens covid plan.
Oh yeah? Then why did he just say this?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...an-do-reaction
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2021, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
I just browsed through his plan. Its friggin hilariously written. Totally devoid of substance. It reads like the campaign speech of Napoleon Dynamite. The only part it was missing was, “I’ll make your wildest dreams come true.”
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-25-2021, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
I just browsed through his plan. Its friggin hilariously written. Totally devoid of substance. It reads like the campaign speech of Napoleon Dynamite. The only part it was missing was, “I’ll make your wildest dreams come true.”
Is Mexico gonna pay for it?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2021, 9:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Is Mexico gonna pay for it?
You still can’t argue with the substance of any of my claims, can you? Your boy lied from his basement. You know it. You also know the msm was 80% of it too. You also know your side is responsible for our culture rot.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-25-2021, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Compare and contrast with Former President Trumps robust and substantial plan. Birx said over the weekend Trump just made crap up. At least trump satisfied your immature thoughts when he said our 15 cases would soon be zero. It would simply go away when it got warmer. Hydroxychloroquine, bright light and clorox bleach... Yeah, that was much more substantial. Clown.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2021, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Compare and contrast with Former President Trumps robust and substantial plan. Birx said over the weekend Trump just made crap up. At least trump satisfied your immature thoughts when he said our 15 cases would soon be zero. It would simply go away when it got warmer. Hydroxychloroquine, bright light and clorox bleach... Yeah, that was much more substantial. Clown.
Not one ounce of that erases the truth of what I said or linked. All you can do now is say, “look look look over here.” It goes to your character, pal.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2021, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
You fail to acknowledge Trump was under 24/7 assault from your butt buddies in the MSM. He couldn’t do anything right in their minds-no matter what he did. Do we really need to go over the history of Pelosi’s comments, calling Trump racist for stopping flights from China and then telling the public to “come to Chinatown”? On top of that, you wanna take some things he said joking as literal? Go F yourself, asshat.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2021, 9:08 AM Reply   
Face it, libtards. Your boy wake77’d the bed.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-25-2021, 10:15 AM Reply   
he was under 24/7 assault because he kept opening his mouth and what came out of it. The media just let everyone know, like he wanted. Did the heat kill covid?
Did hydroxy solve the virus? Its like a miracle, one day it will just disappear. Covid 19 numbers are looking much better, cases are coming way down. Children are virtually immune. Anyone who wants a test can get a test. Virtually anything he said in the first 6 months was un true. But go ahead, believe and belligerently defend trumps plan was substantial, makes you look even more foolish, as if you were trying to F yourself. LOL
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-25-2021, 4:45 PM Reply   
biden has done nothing, nor should he expected to do anything in a week, and the fact he is very old and partially senile, so dont pick on him too much, he's an old man, lost in DC, and cant find his fuzzy slippers. I feel bad for him, very sad
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-25-2021, 10:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Doug and xstar, my liberal media sources totally ignore this! How many million juvenile athlete sex changes have happened since Biden got sworn in? Who should I call?

I’m asking how many times this has happened?

My kids played HS sports and never ever showered at school. Does that still happen IRL?
Having my daughters in multiple high level team sports, as well as being a member of the governing body that oversees one of those sports , in the past 6 yrs we have have had 18 “transgender “ boys attempt to tryout for our all girls top tier national program teams. In softball we had 3 transgender boys tryout last season for the regional summer all star team. Not a single one had the surgery in any of those instances , but several took estrogen to make them more feminine. We have had guidance in how to handle those situations. We have been successful arguing through our governing bodies to prohibit those athletes from participating on those all female teams due to the science associated with the biological aspects .

Now you can bet there will be an increase in that number.......so now what happens?

In the fairness of both sides , there has been a lot of discussion on female athletes who are using hormone therapy to transition to boys as well. Girls taking those hormones have in some instances shown to gain physical advantages that give them a step above on their performance level. Is that fair ?

My daughters have been showering in lockerooms since they were 11yrs old. Over 50% of the girls also showered then , at 14 75% of the girls showered post game and practice , and at 16 100 % shower post practice and game. It’s really sport dependent. While showering is the focus , BECAUSE YES ANYONE WHO THINKS BOYS CHANGING AND SHOWERING WITH GIRLS AT THESE YOUNG AGES IS OK IS 100% MENTALLY ILL THEMSELVES , the fact of the matter is the much more common scenario would be changing in lockerooms out of clothes and into uniforms , protective equipment etc . Even if your players in these sports aren’t showering , they would still need to change into their uniforms together. Are you ok with boys undressing with girls in the lockeroom ?

I am not sure if you’re really asking questions , or you’re attempting to brush this off as insignificant , but the argument that it really doesn’t happen often so why should we care is ridiculous. If it doesn’t happen often then why would we need an executive order overturning current guidelines? This is a very real issue. It’s not crying wolf. The amount of transgender students in schools is ever increasing as well , and that will only lead to more of these instances .
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-26-2021, 3:15 PM Reply   
looks like FOX has gone Q. I saw this on Carlsons show last night and couldnt believe they choose to go down this path.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7ak...rce=reddit.com

So, March 4th? trump becomes president? Great. What happens on the 5th? another storming of the capitol?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-26-2021, 3:21 PM Reply   
Biden talks to Putin and the administration doesnt hide it. Unlike trump who took the notes and refused to say what the conversations were. Biden releases everything. Calls putin out on the Bounties on american soldiers, the poisoning of his rival, Ukraine and the Solar Winds hack. Just like a real president. Also has his press sec show up and update the press everyday. Wow, like a new world.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...tin-of-russia/
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-26-2021, 10:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Biden talks to Putin and the administration doesnt hide it. Unlike trump who took the notes and refused to say what the conversations were. Biden releases everything. Calls putin out on the Bounties on american soldiers, the poisoning of his rival, Ukraine and the Solar Winds hack. Just like a real president. Also has his press sec show up and update the press everyday. Wow, like a new world.
In other words, your paper tiger prez made a tough guy scene for the cameras and then said he’d call him later after the media left and talk seriously. Guaranteed.

My only question is did he learn that Bullwake77 PR tactic from Obama?

So funny you queens all tried to say Trump was in bed with Russia when his policies B-slapped you in the face with the truth that he couldn’t have been more pro-America/anti-Russia.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-26-2021, 11:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
So, you’ve been conveniently gone lately. It’s clear your boy is being rightfully hung out to dry because of his stupid, new policies. Now, we have a new minority in this country that has been getting the shaft according to Hiden: Pacific Islanders. Who woulda ever guessed them? Did I not buy enough Spawnbreezie concert tickets? What’s next? One legged Smogarians? Who else is he gonna declare a victim of the evil white man and mandate that that new minority deserves free stuff? I wonder how many new libtard votes he’s gonna rake in from his latest class of victims. These virtue signals are more like smoke signals in their obvious desire for attention.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-27-2021, 3:55 AM Reply   
Our local school district has put out a statement, basically saying, they will continue normal, healthy education for all children and will not be moving forward with removal of "words that eliminate gender" from their communication protocol. also they will not be promoting educational misinformation regarding race relations or any potential division of equality due to race or ethnicity. So basically, they are going to teach children they are equal and create equality, and not segregate children in groups of color.

i just cannot imagine teacher telling black children they are victims because white children are systemically racist by nature. Thats insanity. So white children bad, black children victims. how do you think thats going to play out?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-27-2021, 5:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
i just cannot imagine teacher telling black children they are victims because white children are systemically racist by nature. Thats insanity. So white children bad, black children victims. how do you think thats going to play out?
But they'll still teach that a lot of black folks died to get there, and that white folks didn't give up their legal rights of superiority willingly, right?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       01-27-2021, 12:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
But they'll still teach that a lot of black folks died to get there, and that white folks didn't give up their legal rights of superiority willingly, right?
If they do then they are part of the problem. There are facts to the slave trade that also includes whites being traded. Blacks selling blacks. Portuguese trading them. Mostly white slave owners though it is reported that the first slaver was actually a black person. It is what it is. I as a white person have no claims to any thing anyone else did in history. period. To sell that bull **** is dangerous and a lie. It is simply politics.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-27-2021, 12:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
If they do then they are part of the problem. There are facts to the slave trade that also includes whites being traded. Blacks selling blacks. Portuguese trading them. Mostly white slave owners though it is reported that the first slaver was actually a black person. It is what it is. I as a white person have no claims to any thing anyone else did in history. period. To sell that bull **** is dangerous and a lie. It is simply politics.

As long as you let the government confiscate all of your wealth when you die and everyone starts from zero. We don’t do that tho. If you allow people to inherit wealth, then $$$ made by prior generations continues to put one group at a competitive advantage.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       01-27-2021, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
As long as you let the government confiscate all of your wealth when you die and everyone starts from zero. We don’t do that tho. If you allow people to inherit wealth, then $$$ made by prior generations continues to put one group at a competitive advantage.
You are so poisoned you don't even realize it. Anytime anyone died in my family, I got a bill. Can I hand my bills for family members dying to the government too? My story is all too common. So what other people have money? Does that keep others from making it? Are we somehow kept out of the Dubai club because all the slots are filled? How many jobs have you got from a poor person? I don't get this others had wealth nonsense. So white Europeans who just got here are what now? The laws are stacked against them because of their color. Minorities are the first in line since I have been alive. They only seem to be getting worse, not better. Not my fault. Not a colors fault like color dictates your culture. Not your fault. Ever wonder if a fault ever lands at the feet of the individual who decided to not take school serious, did not show up for work, did not try and get better? Sometimes life just gives people a bad hand. Is that a colors fault?

What is this about "groups"? That is where you are poisoned and don't even know. I am not a member of any group. I am me. I do not see my self as a color. I am a dude trying to make my way and make sure my kids have a better start than I did. That's it. I see a tide raising all boats. I don't see sinking others for others to get ahead. that is the crabs in a bucket mindset that many of these "groups" get into. Group think. I do not know you as a Hispanic female ( I have to assume since you democrats are so gender and racially fluid these days) but if you do well then so be it.

Your "group" of politicians, I would like to kick to the curb because you are pure evil.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-27-2021, 9:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Why should people’s money they earned not be passed down to future generations ? Do you really believe that when you die all the money you earned over the course of your life should be transferred to the government instead of passed on to the loved ones you busted your ass to provide for? People shouldn’t be penalized for being successful, but hey that’s the democratic mantra . Take from those that make to reward those that do nothing.

What possible argument can one make that the money they earned shouldn’t be passed on to the ones they earned it for ?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2021, 7:53 AM Reply   
I know. Little segue.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-27-2021, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
I know. Little segue.

So we can agree that the statement that electric cars are only available to the wealthy is not correct?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2021, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
So we can agree that the statement that electric cars are only available to the wealthy is not correct?
I acknowledge your anecdotal evidence. Problem is I have next to no interest in coal cars so I’m the wrong person to ask. For all I know, those Leafs are selling for that cheap because they’re garbage or undesirable for a myriad of reasons.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-27-2021, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
I acknowledge your anecdotal evidence. Problem is I have next to no interest in coal cars so I’m the wrong person to ask. For all I know, those Leafs are selling for that cheap because they’re garbage or undesirable for a myriad of reasons.

As opposed to kias and Hyundais which are selling cheap because...?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-27-2021, 1:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
No.............we can agree that electric cars cost double their gasoline counterparts and your would have to drive an electric car for apprx 8-10yrs longer than your gasoline counterpart to recoup the price difference from the start. There is literally no economical benefit of going with an electric vehicle instead of a gas counterpart .........NONE!

Nissan Leaf base price 31,500

Hyundai Accent /Elantra 16,500.

Nissan Sentra 19,500

But hey why be fiscally responsible when you can feel good about going green and lighting money on fire. It’s exactly the democratic way. Never mind what it costs. Just do it cuz it makes you feel good. Don’t forget to add the cost of charger. Sure you can argue it comes with one. The one it comes with takes 20hrs to charge a car completely. The next upgrade takes 8 hrs and the highest upgrade is 30 min . So add another 1000 for installing a charger . Oh and if you don’t drive daily your car will lose its charge And you’ll watch that battery deplete a lot faster than it did off a fresh charged one.

That gap will shorten once Biden and company destroy our self reliance for energy and oil by implementing outrageous EPA standards and gas goes back to 5.00 gallon. If then your still not getting the upfront cost differential to break even for years.

Like I said they’re great for those that want to buy them and feel good about themselves , even better if someone buys it be be green. They’re not fiscally responsible
For the average American. Ramming this down people’s throats and making it a goal to be a sole product of a nation is completely asinine.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-27-2021, 2:22 PM Reply   
You can't tow an xstar with a Hyundai Accent or Nissan Sentra! Practically useless!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       01-27-2021, 3:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
No.............we can agree that electric cars cost double their gasoline counterparts and your would have to drive an electric car for apprx 8-10yrs longer than your gasoline counterpart to recoup the price difference from the start. There is literally no economical benefit of going with an electric vehicle instead of a gas counterpart .........NONE!

Nissan Leaf base price 31,500

Hyundai Accent /Elantra 16,500.

Nissan Sentra 19,500

But hey why be fiscally responsible when you can feel good about going green and lighting money on fire. It’s exactly the democratic way. Never mind what it costs. Just do it cuz it makes you feel good. Don’t forget to add the cost of charger. Sure you can argue it comes with one. The one it comes with takes 20hrs to charge a car completely. The next upgrade takes 8 hrs and the highest upgrade is 30 min . So add another 1000 for installing a charger . Oh and if you don’t drive daily your car will lose its charge And you’ll watch that battery deplete a lot faster than it did off a fresh charged one.

That gap will shorten once Biden and company destroy our self reliance for energy and oil by implementing outrageous EPA standards and gas goes back to 5.00 gallon. If then your still not getting the upfront cost differential to break even for years.

Like I said they’re great for those that want to buy them and feel good about themselves , even better if someone buys it be be green. They’re not fiscally responsible
For the average American. Ramming this down people’s throats and making it a goal to be a sole product of a nation is completely asinine.
Shoot man. When I would go back and visit, it was old buicks and other old chevy and fords on the road. My Wisconsin buddy will not buy a car made past the 70's and trucks from the 80's.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-27-2021, 9:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Shoot man. When I would go back and visit, it was old buicks and other old chevy and fords on the road. My Wisconsin buddy will not buy a car made past the 70's and trucks from the 80's.
Ha Ain’t that the truth , To this day I haven’t a clue on how the Oldsmobile cutlass would just go forever.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-27-2021, 8:29 PM Reply   
I've avoided this site for a bit. I was wondering when a new political thread would emerge. I figured it'd be called....stupid moves by Biden. I gues I should have jumped the gun and started it.

having said that....invest in the hot psychedelic sector....made a ton so far
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-28-2021, 6:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
I've avoided this site for a bit. I was wondering when a new political thread would emerge. I figured it'd be called....stupid moves by Biden. I gues I should have jumped the gun and started it.

having said that....invest in the hot psychedelic sector....made a ton so far
100%. I believe psychedelics are the next big legalization. Not my style, but they are less harmful than most drugs and I have read that people are replacing microdosing meth (adderall) with microdosing psilocybin (magic mushrooms) with really good results minus all of the sideffects.

Any advice on where to start in psychedelic investment.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-31-2021, 9:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
100%. I believe psychedelics are the next big legalization. Not my style, but they are less harmful than most drugs and I have read that people are replacing microdosing meth (adderall) with microdosing psilocybin (magic mushrooms) with really good results minus all of the sideffects.

Any advice on where to start in psychedelic investment.
what the F is wrong with people. how about no drugs, lets just not do drugs. Why is this so difficult
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-31-2021, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
what the F is wrong with people. how about no drugs, lets just not do drugs. Why is this so difficult
What right does the government have to tell a citizen what they can and can't put in their body? Where is conservatives small government, don't infringe my freedoms on the drugs issue?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-31-2021, 12:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
What right does the government have to tell a citizen what they can and can't put in their body? Where is conservatives small government, don't infringe my freedoms on the drugs issue?
you can put whatever you want in your body, but making it legal is a totally different story. BTW, does the NZ allow this? Are you allowed to shoot up, smoke up, burn out?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-31-2021, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af37Kb1RaBY
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2021, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
I’m sure you can tell all kinds of stories of things you’ve put into yours, mister fister.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-31-2021, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Mushrooms have been getting very good results both with depression and with helping folks with terminal illnesses cope.

I'm dubious about the medicinal properties of cannabis but psychedelics appear to have some real, legitimate uses in the treatment of mental illness.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news...on-study-shows
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-01-2021, 2:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Mushrooms have been getting very good results both with depression and with helping folks with terminal illnesses cope.

I'm dubious about the medicinal properties of cannabis but psychedelics appear to have some real, legitimate uses in the treatment of mental illness.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news...on-study-shows
medically prescribed, not free to the public to "enjoy" I am not sure about drugs and mental illness (hence LA) and LA is sad, as most are drug related, and or mental illness, but someone is supplying the drugs and the money. So my guess is they rob and steel to get the money, as they are not holding a 9 to 5. As a general rule. drugs are bad, common sense. Making them legal will not fix mental illnesss or homelessness or build a better society.

Everyone high as a kite, will only increase homelessness and poverty, limit education, increase drop out rates, raise unemployment and increase crime. Although, there has a been a big government conspiracy to make Heroin legal and poison it, So the problem solves itself. I dont know what the answer is, outside of "Dont use drugs"?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-27-2021, 10:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Just read the article, it's all there, he includes purchase price and resale value, running costs service costs insurance. Bumper to bumper costs.

Actually a lot better than you would expect before owning one, all of your day to day charging is done at home or work, all long distance is done at the super charger network. You need about 30mins charging per 4 hrs of driving give or take. So not as good as petrol but not terrible, it's a good idea to stretch the legs every 4 hrs anyway. And it's important to remember for a large proportion of normal use you don't need to stop at all to refuel, it's done while your sleeping. I don't miss going to the gas station, that's for sure.
That’s only if your work has a charging station , You’re in the very minute, microscopic part of the world economy if your work has a charging station. So now what , companies are expected to incur additional exorbitant costs for their employees to charge their vehicles while at work ?

I read the article and their assumptions are sketchy at best and clearly bias

Let me quote the article your posted on their own data

Before jumping into that, though, it’s critical to remember that assumptions are key in such analyses. With very different assumptions for some of the variables, the Accord could be cheaper

Add in the fact their data set has the standard driving mileage at OVER 21-30k per year , the argument and article becomes even more absurd. The average American drives 13k a year. So again your electric vehicle argument only benefits a small portion of the actual driving community , in very specific conditions.

This article is a complete fantasy to a majority of drivers

Super charging stations.....now that’s funny. What happened when you pull up to super charging station and there isn’t one available because it’s being used ? Who is footing the bill for these commercial “super charging stations? More importantly what happens whe the route you need to take doesn’t have any?
Not sure about you , but 30 min of my time every couple hundred miles is very valuable, as is it for a majority of
People driving long distances.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-27-2021, 10:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
That’s only if your work has a charging station , You’re in the very minute, microscopic part of the world economy if your work has a charging station. So now what , companies are expected to incur additional exorbitant costs for their employees to charge their vehicles while at work ?
Most people charge at home obviously but we have a big solar system at work and are transitioning our fleet to electric so I charge there.

Quote:
I read the article and their assumptions are sketchy at best and clearly bias
Of course it's biased but the point isn't that it's cheaper than an Accord in this specific example it's that the more expensive capital cost is offset by the significantly cheaper running costs. And this example is with a 40k car, what happens when the cost is pushed down to 25k with economies of scale and mass adoption?

Quote:
Add in the fact their data set has the standard driving mileage at OVER 21-30k per year , the argument and article becomes even more absurd. The average American drives 13k a year. So again your electric vehicle argument only benefits a small portion of the actual driving community , in very specific conditions.
One minute your saying oh I can't drive it far enough the next that it's driving too far, make up your mind!

Quote:
Super charging stations.....now that’s funny. What happened when you pull up to super charging station and there isn’t one available because it’s being used ? Who is footing the bill for these commercial “super charging stations?
Tesla own and operate the supercharger network and the in car navigation tells you how many stalls are free as you are navigating there.

Quote:
Not sure about you , but 30 min of my time every couple hundred miles is very valuable.
As if, your time isn't valuable at all.

Last edited by ralph; 01-27-2021 at 10:53 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-28-2021, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Most people charge at home obviously but we have a big solar system at work and are transitioning our fleet to electric so I charge there.

Of course it's biased but the point isn't that it's cheaper than an Accord in this specific example it's that the more expensive capital cost is offset by the significantly cheaper running costs. And this example is with a 40k car, what happens when the cost is pushed down to 25k with economies of scale and mass adoption?

One minute your saying oh I can't drive it far enough the next that it's driving too far, make up your mind!

Tesla own and operate the supercharger network and the in car navigation tells you how many stalls are free as you are navigating there.

As if, your time isn't valuable at all.

Do you not read and understand the arguments.

The argument is these cars don’t have enough mileage capacity to make it long distances without stopping for long term charging thus having no value for
People who travel long distances frequently.

The second argument is you have to keep an EV longer offset the initial cost difference when compared to a gas counterpart.

Both are 100% accurate .

However in very special circumstances ( what your article touches on ) , you’re actual better off with an electric vehicle. This is not the norm for an average American .......It’s the complete minority........ but there is a way the initial cost of an EV is advantageous to its gas counterpart economically over time which is what this article explains. Again tho the situation explained
In your article is not the norm. No one every said there isn’t a time when the EV is advantageous. The point is it’s only advantageous in a minute instance, which means making it the National
Standard is completely retarded. Clearly something you can’t seem to comprehend. Yet again you’re focused on the details of where you’re at making an argument to try and spin it as the best for America, and once again your disconnect makes your argument laughable .

Last edited by xstarrider; 01-28-2021 at 1:30 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-28-2021, 3:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Do you not read and understand the arguments.

The argument is these cars don’t have enough mileage capacity to make it long distances without stopping for long term charging thus having no value for
People who travel long distances frequently.
Not gonna lie, a sub 400 mile range is one of the things that turns me off about an electric. Of course that's like 1 out of every 200 trips for me. If there were a super easy way to rent a long distance car for the few times I need it, I'd probably be game.

That said I have an acquaintance that does a 400 mile drive back and forth to southern CA regularly in his model 3. He does have to make one 30 minute stop each way, but he says it's not that bad. In his case though, he has a home at either end of the drive, so he doesn't have to go searching for a second charging station upon arrival at his destination.

99% sure my next car will be electric. Which may make me hold on to the current gassers for a bit longer than I otherwise would.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       01-28-2021, 3:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Not gonna lie, a sub 400 mile range is one of the things that turns me off about an electric. Of course that's like 1 out of every 200 trips for me. If there were a super easy way to rent a long distance car for the few times I need it, I'd probably be game.

That said I have an acquaintance that does a 400 mile drive back and forth to southern CA regularly in his model 3. He does have to make one 30 minute stop each way, but he says it's not that bad. In his case though, he has a home at either end of the drive, so he doesn't have to go searching for a second charging station upon arrival at his destination.

99% sure my next car will be electric. Which may make me hold on to the current gassers for a bit longer than I otherwise would.
I am going to hold off and let the system settle in a bit longer. Still buy 2 cars for the cost of 1 almost.

Going to be soon enough when crooks start to realize about these charging stations and setting up shop.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-28-2021, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:

The biggest problem is you have ZERO ROOM for contingencies in your plans or schedule with a coal car. Think about it. It could even mean life or death running out of power with such a crappy range. When’s the last time you were “running on fumes?” You can always hit the next gas station. Charging stations and getting back on the road puts us back to horse and buggy days. You may as well need to water, feed and rest your horses. Unless you wanna keep a gas generator charging your coal-burning car on the way, you’ve no options when it comes to contingencies.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-28-2021, 4:12 AM Reply   
These dinosaur posts aren't going to age well lol.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       01-28-2021, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
These dinosaur posts aren't going to age well lol.
I think they will do just fine. I think you guys forget how big this country is.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-28-2021, 7:15 AM Reply   
There is now an ETF for the sector.

I like individual stocks, but you will need a strong resolve.

Mindmed, compass pathways, red light holland, revive therapeutics, ehave, minerco

Decide what your play is. Do you want to go the recreational route or stick with the medical side.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...al-health-uses

hopefully the Biden term will be good for the sector
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-28-2021, 7:18 AM Reply   
in response to some of the above...

One day soon, I will tow a brand new Wakesetter with a Rivian electric pickup
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       01-28-2021, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
in response to some of the above...

One day soon, I will tow a brand new Wakesetter with a Rivian electric pickup
Nice setup, just not for the other 99.5 percent of the country to be able to afford a near $200k setup when they live in $40k houses.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-28-2021, 9:20 AM Reply   
Tesla just released the cheapest sedan in the world with 0-60 time less than 2s and 1/4 mile less than 9s. Lol.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-28-2021, 10:00 AM Reply   
Today, according to fair and balanced sources, GM says they'll be all electric by 2035.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...-electric-2035

Wonder when the "government motors" boycotts are going to resume?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-28-2021, 1:11 PM Reply   
If you want really big picture thinking in 5 to 10 years a lot of people won't need their own car, when they need one you will just call one like an Uber and it will drive itself to you.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-28-2021, 6:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you want really big picture thinking in 5 to 10 years a lot of people won't need their own car, when they need one you will just call one like an Uber and it will drive itself to you.
Soon to be followed by the boat that will come pick me up and let me surf behind it, of course.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-28-2021, 2:12 PM Reply   
How many executive orders do you think Sleepy can make in one month, Vegas odds are over 100, going to place my bet, when doing the super bowl and see if by end of feb he hits it. 7:1 odds he won't hit 100, vegas says he will
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-28-2021, 6:42 PM Reply   
Btw, those quick charge stations they put on the way between say, NorCal and SoCal, at Harris Ranch for instance.... Those quick charges kill the long-term life of a battery exponentially.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2021, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Those quick charges kill the long-term life of a battery exponentially.
Maybe 5 years ago, not now.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2021, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe 5 years ago, not now.
It was only two years ago I heard a Tesla salesman admit it was a bad idea to charge your batteries like that any more then you absolutely had to.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2021, 3:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
It was only two years ago I heard a Tesla salesman admit it was a bad idea to charge your batteries like that any more then you absolutely had to.
My sister's cousins neighbor told me surfing turned you gay.