Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-22-2015, 7:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Sorry about that pic. It is very disturbing. Thought it would be appropriate for a smack talking thread. Excessive. Gross.
Disturbing is putting it mildly. I will give it up to Seahawks #1Fan. Romo dated Jessica Simson when she was smoking hot. Anyone remember her washing the General Lee in those Daisy Dukes.... That is one thig he has truly done better than Russell Wilson if he's really dating that big ole badonka donk nasty ass hoe.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2015, 11:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Real credible coming from the guy who's sleaze bag owner had to be removed while facing bribery, racketeering, and securities fraud. Sure, everyone then saw the true stench of the 49ers, and it will ***** everything the franchise does in the future; however, the stench must be properly translated back to the past as well. Everyone needs to remember that the 49ers have never been about class or family, but have always been about about money, deceit and corruption, and anything they supposedly earned while under Eddie's reign deserves an asterisk next to it as the product of sleaze.. It was so long ago no one really remembers but the asterisk is still there. Do some research mouth, your 7&9ers have cheated far more than the Hawks ever will.
The Niners cheated? I gave three very basic examples of hawks' recent cheating. I'm sure it hurts. You're feeling pain and just lashing out. I get it. It's understandable. Your boys will be back to anonymity soon and this will soon be a moot point. Seriously though, you really think the Niners as a team were coached to cheat? Ever? Like the hawks were? No way...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-23-2015, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Don't care much about the whole deflated football issue but man,... Brady looked so much like a liar in that conference. Better to have just left it at a statement from a representative. When an NFL qb says he doesn't ever notice anything about a ball and can't feel any difference in pressure you gotta call BS. Those guys can feel the difference in the ball if a ant is sitting on it. Just stay out of site if you're that bad at lying.
No doubt! Would have been funny if a reporter had tossed a properly inflated ball and one with the air pressure that they claim was in there to him and see his reaction.

This is a pretty interesting story on how they could have done it and one that I have been thinking about since the story broke, air pressure fluctuates with temperature:
http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...sYO/story.html
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-23-2015, 9:32 AM Reply   
Maybe Robert can get in on this lawsuit against the NFL for a bad call against Dallas:
http://www.9news.com/story/sports/20...lion/22217575/
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-23-2015, 10:53 AM Reply   
You all are funny with the cheating thing. Every NFL team cheats to a point, if you don't get caught then its not cheating. Some teams are better at covering their chit up then others! If you think your team has never been involved in breaking the rules, you best check yourself! GO HAWKS!! Eff Brady and Belicheat! Hawks are gonna stomp these fools! I actually think more of the population hates the Pats more then the Hawks.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-23-2015, 12:09 PM Reply   
I actually think more of the population hates the Pats more then the Hawks.[/QUOTE]

Agreed but, the hawks are a very close second. Especially if you're on the west coast.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-23-2015, 12:18 PM Reply   
Your hate is really just thinly veiled jealousy. Thanks for the show of respect. We certainly do appreciate it. GO HAWKS!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-23-2015, 1:53 PM Reply   
Bobby? That you?

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...sportscenterFB
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-23-2015, 4:08 PM Reply   
Very few outside of Seattle like the HAWKS or their fans.

The PATs would need to dig a deeper hole to make up for this extreme difference.

Last edited by diamonddad; 01-23-2015 at 4:12 PM.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-23-2015, 4:11 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2015, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
You all are funny with the cheating thing. Every NFL team cheats to a point, if you don't get caught then its not cheating. Some teams are better at covering their chit up then others! If you think your team has never been involved in breaking the rules, you best check yourself! GO HAWKS!! Eff Brady and Belicheat! Hawks are gonna stomp these fools! I actually think more of the population hates the Pats more then the Hawks.
That's because nobody takes the Seahawks seriously.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2015, 5:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
NO . I don't need any more money.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2015, 5:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Your hate is really just thinly veiled jealousy. Thanks for the show of respect. We certainly do appreciate it. GO HAWKS!!
We know your hate of the Cowboys aka "America's Team" is real. You know you can't measure up to 8 Super Bowl appearances and 5 Super Bowl wins. Actually that's why you hate the 49ers so much. 6 Super Bowl appearances 5 wins.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2015, 7:50 PM Reply   
Check out the blog by Hank Gargiulo and Sharon Katz dated 1-22-15 on ESPN.COM. It's titled "No one gets more help than Russell Wilson. It explains the fact that no other QB in the league has won as many games as Russell Wilson with a below average QBR. That's not season QBR it's game QBR. It means your QB sucked but your "team" overcame the handicap. Good read for Seattle fans. He got the wins without contributing.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-23-2015, 8:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
we know your hate of the cowboys aka "america's team" is real. You know you can't measure up to 8 super bowl appearances and 5 super bowl wins. Actually that's why you hate the 49ers so much. 6 super bowl appearances 5 wins.
booooooooooooom!!!!!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-23-2015, 10:07 PM Reply   
Watched "A Football Life -- Bill Walsh" tonight. Wow. That guy rocked.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-24-2015, 3:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
We know your hate of the Cowboys aka "America's Team" is real. You know you can't measure up to 8 Super Bowl appearances and 5 Super Bowl wins. Actually that's why you hate the 49ers so much. 6 Super Bowl appearances 5 wins.
Enjoy the Pro Bowl Sunday. Best losers will be on display.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-24-2015, 2:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Watched "A Football Life -- Bill Walsh" tonight. Wow. That guy rocked.
Thanks for the reminder. I recorded it. Cant wait to watch it tomorrow.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-24-2015, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Enjoy the Pro Bowl Sunday. Best losers will be on display.
Pretty funny how many QB's they had to go through this year to get any to play.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-24-2015, 10:33 PM Reply   
Got this off the internet...

The effect of TV on football inflation.

Assume that the footballs were at 75 F degrees after being rubbed vigorous before taken to a playing field at 40 F. How much would the change in temperature decrease the pressure in the football? High school physics tells us that the ideal gas law PV=nRT applies. Pressure times volume equates to the number of moles times the gas constant times the temperature of the gas (in degrees Kelvin).

The change in pressure is thus proportional to the change in temperature. The 75 degree locker room has an absolute temperature of 297 K. The 40 degree playing field has an absolute temperature of 277 K. The change in temperature of 20 K will thus cause a drop in pressure of 20/297= 6.7%.

To translate this into a pressure change we must recall that football pressure is measured in gauge pressure, relative to the atmospheric pressure of 15 psi. So the absolute pressure within a football pumped to 12.5 psi is 12.5+15 = 27.5 psi absolute. The 6.7% drop applied to the absolute pressure gives a drop of 1.84 psi. Thus, the pressure within the football at game time will be only 12.5-1.84 = 10.66 psi.

Add on top of this the loss of pressure every time the ball is measured, the loss of pressure from the wet leather expanding the ball through use in the game, measurement inaccuracies and atmospheric pressure conditions changing, we can easily encroach on a ball being viewed as 2 psi lighter than regulation.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-25-2015, 4:28 AM Reply   
I would have posted that but I know how the Seahawks fans are. Lol.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-25-2015, 8:15 AM Reply   
or: Brady mentioned that he would like a flatter ball. Belicheat, a brilliant guy, enlisted a group of other brilliant guys and told them....Tom wants a flatter ball, figure out how to do that but make it appear that we didn't do anything covert. The group came up with the same formula that a dude on a boating site did (no offense GD), the timing of the process was figured out.....and woola , the refs gave them under inflated balls

I think that Belicheat is this devious and brilliant
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-25-2015, 6:55 PM Reply   
It proves that the pressure measurements are pretty much useless unless the balls are put into a controlled environment and allowed to reach equilibrium.

So, this entire issue is A BUNCH OF HOT AIR -- pun intended.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-25-2015, 8:44 PM Reply   
Team Irvin wins the Pro Bowl. Questionable review on Olsen TD.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-25-2015, 9:08 PM Reply   
A dry football at 76 degrees &13.3 psi becomes a wet football at 52 degrees & 11.9 psi in minutes:

http://youtu.be/_Gd0kGhIcF4

Last edited by diamonddad; 01-25-2015 at 9:10 PM. Reason: .
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-26-2015, 6:06 AM Reply   
Did you guys see the deflate gate skit on SNL? It's hilarious.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-26-2015, 8:58 AM Reply   
Looks like Michael Irvin even knows that the key to winning is not letting Romo throw the ball. I guess when you have two better options with Stafford & Ryan, why would you let Romo on the field.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-26-2015, 9:11 AM Reply   
I watched better than half the pro bowl. It was actually pretty good, it felt like the players were actually trying this year.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-26-2015, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Looks like Michael Irvin even knows that the key to winning is not letting Romo throw the ball. I guess when you have two better options with Stafford & Ryan, why would you let Romo on the field.
LOL that was cold.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-26-2015, 5:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Darren is just jealous because his boy "didn't" make the pro bowl. Why? Because it's for elite players who lead their teams. It's not for players like his boy RW who rely heavily on their teams to get a W.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-26-2015, 9:26 PM Reply   
A few pics from yesterday and a few from dinner tonight sandwiched between Kraft, Bill and the team. Totally random that they walked in and sat in front and behind us tonight. We were at a nice steak house out in Glendale and they just strolled in. Next thing we know we have the team right behind us and Kraft and Bill directly in front of us Gronk was sitting right behind me. One of my co workers is a Pats fan and asked the staff if she could approach them. They asked that she not considering all the negative press and random threats they've received the past couple days. Felt bad for her. Too bad this issue has exploded to the levels it has. Kinda takes away from what the SB is supposed to be about.
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-26-2015, 10:53 PM Reply   
That's gotta be über cool on one hand but, on the other hand, you're looking at the carpenters who will be nailing the final nail in the coffin of your team.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-26-2015, 11:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Darren is just jealous because his boy "didn't" make the pro bowl. Why? Because it's for elite players who lead their teams. It's not for players like his boy RW who rely heavily on their teams to get a W.
I'd bet my left nut that Darren isn't jealous one bit. He's rooting for a team like most people. Not a singular player. Geez Robert. He can get his smack talk in. In fact, let all the chicken fan boys get their smack talk in to their heart's content. That way we can drop the hammer when the Pats send them back to rain town with nothin but a dime store umbrella.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-27-2015, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
LOL. You got me. I wish the Seahawks had a QB that would "lead" them to the Pro Bowl every year instead of the SUPERBOWL.

BTW which QB just threw a touchdown pass to send his team to the Superbowl? And which QB threw an incomplete pass to send his team home?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-27-2015, 8:16 AM Reply   
Cliff,
Have a fun time down there and show those Pats fans whats up!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-27-2015, 8:54 AM Reply   
Hahaha, and to finish it off, whose quarterback is in Arizona for neither the Pro Bowl or the Super Bowl but to learn how to throw.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-27-2015, 9:00 AM Reply   
In case you haven't see this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5PgOk1Hjcc
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2015, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hahaha, and to finish it off, whose quarterback is in Arizona for neither the Pro Bowl or the Super Bowl but to learn how to throw.
Ouch.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2015, 10:26 AM Reply   
I know Madden picked the Pats but who is Vegas picking to win the SB and by how much?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2015, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
In case you haven't see this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5PgOk1Hjcc
The poster boy for illiteracy. I predict he'll be broke shortly after his NFL career is over.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-27-2015, 12:08 PM Reply   
Marshawn Lynch threatened with $500,000.00 fine if he didn’t participate in media day interviews.

C’mon man… 500K… really?… even you haters have to admit that is ridiculous.

“Im just here so I won’t get fined” 27 times. Hilarious..
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-27-2015, 12:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I know Madden picked the Pats but who is Vegas picking to win the SB and by how much?
Last one I heard was New England -1, with the over/ under at 47.5.

My dad lives in Vegas. I gave him $100.00 on a whim before the season started for the Hawks to repeat at I think 13/2. It's like $750.00 or something like that if they win. I had forgotten all about it until last week. Now I wish I would have done a $1,000.00.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2015, 12:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Marshawn Lynch threatened with $500,000.00 fine if he didn’t participate in media day interviews.

C’mon man… 500K… really?… even you haters have to admit that is ridiculous.

“Im just here so I won’t get fined” 27 times. Hilarious..
Honestly? I can't believe someone who makes even bottom level NFL money wouldn't bother to take a basic English class. Heck, hire an at home tutor. Anything! I can't believe he even knows how to read a road sign but, he's got a Lamborghini. I'm sure the NFL is just making an example out of him.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2015, 12:24 PM Reply   
Bottom line is, Lynch is just trying to not embarrass himself by opening his mouth. Even he knows he sounds like a fool each time he speaks.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-27-2015, 12:49 PM Reply   
Here is what Sherman had to say about Lynch & the media

Seriously, leave Lynch alone:

Under Goodell the league continues to put players like Marshawn Lynch in a position to be mocked by the media, which seems to get a kick out of seeing people struggle on camera. As teammates we're angry because we know what certain people do well and we know what they struggle with. Marshawn's talking to the press is the equivalent of putting a reporter on a football field and telling him to tackle Adrian Peterson.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2015, 3:15 PM Reply   
I just like poking fun at him because he's a seahawk (and a retarded Oompa Loompa).
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-27-2015, 3:23 PM Reply   
I am just here so I won't get fined...

http://youtu.be/hlpaduqvBgs
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-27-2015, 3:34 PM Reply   
I don't care about the media nonsense. I think it's a joke that they're required to do all that garbage. Teams should have about a half dozen spokesmen per team to do all the media garbage. If other players want to made available, they need to get permission from the team.
The other garbage he pulls on the field, like his crotch grab is an absolute embarrassment to the NFL, the Seahawks, and himself. That's the kind of garbage that I'd be throwing $100k fines at him. I'm sure the ownership group would have a BIG problem paying those fines for him.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-27-2015, 3:36 PM Reply   
Actually Lynch funnels a ton of time and money back into the community here in NorCal. When he's not being forced to speak, he is quite comfortable and speaks well for himself.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-27-2015, 3:41 PM Reply   
Someone needs to find the Super Bowl halftime show from the 90's with Michael Jackson. Wonder how many crotch grabs he threw in to his performance? The NFL organization is all about money...... They made millions off MJ so I guess crotch grabbing is only bad when they decide to be offended. I don't care for it either, but the hypocrisy is just too much.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-27-2015, 5:52 PM Reply   
Team stats = wins . Individual stats= game and seasonal accomplishments. One player cannot win by himself. Although some players are more valuable than others. Marshawn Lynch is Seattle's MVP on offense. Their defense is their second most valuable asset. They could win replacing any other offensive or special teams players. As far as QB at least 25 other QB'S in the NFL could win 12 regular season games with the supporting cast RW had to work with. Just the facts.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2015, 10:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
Actually Lynch funnels a ton of time and money back into the community here in NorCal. When he's not being forced to speak, he is quite comfortable and speaks well for himself.
Oh boy. That's rich. He couldn't talk his way out of a wet paper bag. The guy is dumber than a box of rocks and has the personality of a shovel. It's more than clear that he never really got beyond elementary school once you hear him speak. Even his Ebonics are outdated and stale.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-28-2015, 12:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Team stats = wins . Individual stats= game and seasonal accomplishments. One player cannot win by himself. Although some players are more valuable than others. Marshawn Lynch is Seattle's MVP on offense. Their defense is their second most valuable asset. They could win replacing any other offensive or special teams players. As far as QB at least 25 other QB'S in the NFL could win 12 regular season games with the supporting cast RW had to work with. Just the facts.
WOW. Just wow. Please find me one other QB that can do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBSoh9ku600

Now I know you never watch the Seahawks, lucky for you they are the only game on this week. Enjoy!!

I would say your theory is better suited for Tom Brady and the Pats. Even Matt Cassel won in their system.
RW is the most unique QB in the NFL right now. Last player to put up stats like RW was Cunningham (a QB ahead of his time). Only RW wins too. Just the facts.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-28-2015, 3:26 AM Reply   
RW is average at best. Put him on the Jacksonville Jaguars and they would still have a top 5 draft pick.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-28-2015, 3:33 AM Reply   
You made my point with the Randall Cunningham comparison. How many Super Bowls did Randall win? Which hall of fame does he belong to? How many passing records does he hold?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-28-2015, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh boy. That's rich. He couldn't talk his way out of a wet paper bag. The guy is dumber than a box of rocks and has the personality of a shovel. It's more than clear that he never really got beyond elementary school once you hear him speak. Even his Ebonics are outdated and stale.
Joe Montana doesn't share your opinion. He and Lynch work together on charitable work in NorCal and Seattle.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-28-2015, 11:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Joe Montana doesn't share your opinion. He and Lynch work together on charitable work in NorCal and Seattle.
Okay thanks Mr. Buzz kill. Heap on some guilt so I end my smack talk against anything Seahawks related.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-28-2015, 11:08 PM Reply   
Kind of interesting how Sherman's elbow went from sprained to torn ligaments overnight.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-29-2015, 5:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Kind of interesting how Sherman's elbow went from sprained to torn ligaments overnight.
I haven't seen the reports. Do you have a link?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2015, 7:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
I haven't seen the reports. Do you have a link?
It was "breaking news" multiple times on all of the Sirius NFL shows yesterday.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2015, 7:16 AM Reply   
I'll be surprised if Brady doesn't test Sherman's side early in the game because of his injury.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-29-2015, 7:53 AM Reply   
I hope he does, the sooner the Hawks get him rattled the sooner we take over.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-29-2015, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Okay thanks Mr. Buzz kill. Heap on some guilt so I end my smack talk against anything Seahawks related.
"You know why I'm here!"
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2015, 9:58 AM Reply   
Could sherman's injury be fake? I realize it looked bad and probably hurt like a b, but it could also have been faking. This would set up for a great moment in the big game if they think he is weak,. Its not like he played the whole last game with that injury
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2015, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
Could sherman's injury be fake? I realize it looked bad and probably hurt like a b, but it could also have been faking. This would set up for a great moment in the big game if they think he is weak,. Its not like he played the whole last game with that injury
That's funny because I wondered if he was faking it too for the same reasons. If he is faking, that would be an all time NFL first at that level and it would be a much bigger story than a Seattle repeat by far.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-29-2015, 3:12 PM Reply   
Mark, whats up with the 49ers coaching selections? What's the local opinion on this? 9ers fans in my circle are giving them 2 years of rebuilding and expect new coachng by 2018.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-29-2015, 3:49 PM Reply   
JED fired Harbaugh because he was a pain in the arse. Basically, the guy we all saw on the sidelines. But, like George Bush who took out Saddam it seems they did not plan for the aftermath and now they are having trouble finding anyone who wants to own this war. So, they are ending up with with a grab bag of coaches from the BLIND of REJECT pile. We will see what comes of this but the odds seem likely for complete and total failure. And, when this happens, the fans will chanting for JED's head on a platter.

Last edited by diamonddad; 01-29-2015 at 3:49 PM. Reason: .
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2015, 3:54 PM Reply   
Sore subject. To be honest, I don't know. I stopped scanning for new info on them a couple weeks ago so I'm not sure. Everything I was hearing only left me with more questions. I figure I'll let the dust settle and go back to a closer watch after the SB. I don't have high hopes for the short run. I'm still butt hurt about losing Harbaugh too.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2015, 3:57 PM Reply   
We will see what comes of this but the odds seem likely for complete and total failure. And, when this happens, the fans will chanting for JED's head on a platter.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Talk about being a bad steward. So many bad decisions.....
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2015, 4:03 PM Reply   
I predict mediocrity for more than two years. Things just don't happen that fast. Especially when you have an idiot for an owner.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-29-2015, 7:28 PM Reply   
From the outside looking in it doesn't look good but the Hawks made some guys work that were unproven or performed poorly in the past. Quinn being one of them. I sure hope they turn it around and stay strong. The 2 times we play are my favorite games of the regular season.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-30-2015, 7:52 AM Reply   
Beast Mode & Gronk on Conan. Pretty funny Sh*t

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...is_shared=true
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-30-2015, 8:03 AM Reply   
Darrin - We are die hard 9er fans around here and just have no understanding of their moves. You get rid of a provin winning coach that the players love and respect and than fans as well. You want to hire a more experience super bowl coach and you end of with a DL coach with little experience. That nobody knows or cares about. I realize Harb. could be a pain in the arse, but he is a winner and he is passionate. I want my employees to care that much even if it is hard on me as an employer. He raises everybody around him I expect total explosion with this team for 4-5 years. I think Gore, Crabtree and many others with be gone this summer. They will be left with Kap., who they are trying to make a pocket qb still and an aging D. All teams need a leader - either on the field, the coach or the office. They no longer have any of them. This is one of the reason I believe Dallas fails every year. I hate watching Romo play because I feel he has no passion to win and the coach and office are not leading their team. So when it gets to tough times, they falter. The niners will now be that same thing. so sad....
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-30-2015, 12:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
Darrin - We are die hard 9er fans around here and just have no understanding of their moves. You get rid of a provin winning coach that the players love and respect and than fans as well. You want to hire a more experience super bowl coach and you end of with a DL coach with little experience. That nobody knows or cares about. I realize Harb. could be a pain in the arse, but he is a winner and he is passionate. I want my employees to care that much even if it is hard on me as an employer. He raises everybody around him I expect total explosion with this team for 4-5 years. I think Gore, Crabtree and many others with be gone this summer. They will be left with Kap., who they are trying to make a pocket qb still and an aging D. All teams need a leader - either on the field, the coach or the office. They no longer have any of them. This is one of the reason I believe Dallas fails every year. I hate watching Romo play because I feel he has no passion to win and the coach and office are not leading their team. So when it gets to tough times, they falter. The niners will now be that same thing. so sad....
Romo has no passion to win but he won 12 games and beat the Seahawks at their house. He had the highest passer rating of any QB this year in regular season as well as the highest passer rating in the playoffs this year. Kap not so much to talk about.You speak from your opinion not from facts. Only 2 QB'S have more wins this year and their in the Super Bowl. One of those QB'S got 2 of his wins against Kap.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-30-2015, 12:57 PM Reply   
Okay what the heck is going on with sherman? Sirius NFL network reports, "will sherman play this weekend? It remains to be seen. Sherman's girlfriend about to give birth to their fist child any day now. Coach Pete Carroll says family's first thus leaving the option open for Richard not to play."

Are you kidding me? He knocks up his girlfriend and then maybe skips the SB?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-30-2015, 1:06 PM Reply   
He'll play, he wants the attention! That dude is an attention whore even though he insists that he doesn't want any of it.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-30-2015, 4:50 PM Reply   
Robert - You are right, this is american and a wakeboarding site talking about football - it's my opinion., that's why I said I BELIEVE.This is not a question of who is a better Qb at all, nor did I say Romo is a bad Qb. I said I do not like to watch him play football. I am not saying Kap is better either. Kap is certainly not the leader of the niners. When Peyton, Brady, Montana or many other greats (does not have to be a qb), there is no question who is running the squad. Tony Romo has proven that year after year that is not leader. I am not saying he not not a good qb or he sucks. In fact when it comes to fantasy, he is always top of the list. When I watch Drew Breeze or Big Ben diving for extra yards, taking blocks, tackling on an interception, that is what I want to watch and what inspires a team. A guy that is all in, all the time. The reason Dallas was so successful this year is because they took the ball out of his hands more than in previous years because their run game is so good. It helps that there defense came on as well. He was put in less bad situation in years past. The opposite can be said about Kap. In years past he had protection and great running so he looked like a potential star, this year not so much.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-30-2015, 7:12 PM Reply   
A guy who is all in? Playing with broken ribs,broken transverse process bone and recent back surgery isn't going all in? How quickly you forget the Cowboys/49ers game of several years ago Romo comes back in the game after suffering broken ribs and a punctured lung to lead the Cowboys to victory in overtime. That must be halfway in in your mind.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-31-2015, 7:06 AM Reply   
Kam Chancellor injured his knee in final practice. With Kam,Richard and Earl all with some fashion of injury , the LOB is now the LOBUP. Legion of beat up players.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2015, 7:38 AM Reply   
They're just playin possum.