Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (mracrew)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-09-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Well the meltdown in the midwest has put summer on my mind and got me thinking about what setup I want. My vantages last year peeled so i get to upgrade to the new ltd and the board i have pretty much settled on is a S4 since i'm a huge ps3 fan but also I have a knack for some good lookin setups and the S4 ltd with the Ltd vantages would just look sick so i have a few questions on the base.

How much heavier is this board then one with a normal base (I am trying to keep my setup as light as my ps3 133 with 07 ronix one boots)?

Does it affect how the board rides behind the boat?

Any other pros or cons that you are aware of let me know.
Thanks
Chris
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-09-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
there are no cons :-)
it will ride the same behind the boat and last for ages on rails.
I don' really know the official word on weight difference, but it isn't noticeable.
I've had the PS3 grind for a couple of years now and had no problems.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-09-2009, 6:57 PM Reply   
My buddy has one, When I pick up my Shane in one hand and his ps3 grindbase in the other I can tell a weight difference. When I rode it and didn't notice much difference in performance.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-09-2009, 7:00 PM Reply   
The difference in weight is like .75 lbs. the only difference you'll really notice riding it is that it will be a little looser and slower, because the material can't conform well to sharp contours, so The fins are a little shorter and not quite as crisp.
Old     (jsquared)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-16-2009, 7:12 AM Reply   
one con:

Liquid force!