Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-03-2014, 7:34 AM Reply   
It is October. If you live in the South it is the best month to ride (No wind, No wallys) and if you live up North it is the last chance to land that trick to keep you stoked all winter.

Last week went really awesome. I've listed the the scores below. It is your job to keep up with them.

1.) If you committed to a trick and landed it = +1,000 Sonic Cheese Coney Dogs
2.) If you committed to a trick, but landed something else= +500 Cheese Coney Dogs
3.) If you committed to a trick and got destroyed trying it, but still plan on trying it again this week= +1,000,000 Cheese Coney dogs
4.) If you did the same crap you've been doing all summer= 1 swift kick to the nuts (punch to the boob)
5.) If you didn't make it out= 1minute in the mush pot (get your priorities straight) MUSH, MUSH, MUSH!

The overall winner will get a goody bag filled with high-fives, good vibes and the admiration of your peers.

Keep it coming. Who's going out and who is going to stomp what?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-03-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
got a few new cable tricks that I posted in the old thread, if I get some significant time in the water on saturday then hopefully I'll have something to report on
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-03-2014, 7:55 AM Reply   
If I ate Sonic Cheese Coney Dogs I probably wouldn't be still wakeboarding. I've got so many things on the table to try. Let me see if I can find where I put my cajones. I misplace them on a regular basis.
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-03-2014, 9:51 AM Reply   
I will have to bow out at this point due to weather sucking here and a pulled muscle in my shoulder. Hopefully we can do this again in the spring! I'll be jealously watching this thread as all you southerners get to continue.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-03-2014, 10:37 AM Reply   
Cheese Coneys are kinda an inside joke. About the time they switched to "subjective" scoring there was a sonic commercial where the guy said that he was going to start measuring everything by cheese coneys. Our joke was that even though they were supposedly judging on a lot more than perceived trick difficulty, they really weren't and the guys going hammer, hammer, hammer were still beating the guys that had prettier, more stylish and more rounded runs. So, they weren't giving out points for tricks anymore, but they were obviously measuring tricks by something because a 900=podium no matter how crap their run was otherwise. So when someone landed a big trick on the boat we started giving it cheese coneys rather than points.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-03-2014, 5:54 PM Reply   
This evening I hit my first obstacle at the park ever switch TS. Off the XL kicker I landed a switch TS 180, TS 180 with indie grab (seemed easier than not grabbing), and then a switch TS FS 360 (w/ butt check) on the 2nd try. Was going to try a switch scarecrow next, but it got dark and even w/ the lights on I get sort of disoriented at night so I called it a day.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-03-2014, 8:39 PM Reply   
Going for the old crow mobe tomorrow. I will post a video of the attempt (s), any tips before I go get myself worked over? Lol
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       10-03-2014, 9:24 PM Reply   
Huge goal this week: end TRYING to fix the boat and actually fix it/have it fixed. Then start RIDING behind it again dammit!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       10-22-2014, 9:38 AM Reply   
Thread revival!

Got the boat fixed. And finally RODE! Woohoo! And got to try some switch HS BS 180's (see Sept 25-thread, that's how long I did not ride). Didn't stick it, but close. Next time.
Happy!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-22-2014, 10:43 AM Reply   
I was planning on trying for a flat toe 7. I got a cold, then a flu, then Pneumonia! Hopefully I can hit the water once more before it gets too cold.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-22-2014, 11:15 AM Reply   
I tried some HS BS 180s but only making it one wake so far. Need to get somebody to go out on my boat soon. I rebuilt the carb, it's running great, and I've got about 2K lbs of sacs to try out. It needs everything you can put in it to make any kind of wake. Unfortunately once it's gets up to about 23mph the wake really flattens out.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-22-2014, 3:09 PM Reply   
Okay, chalk me up for 500 Cheezy Coney Dogs please.

I was out on the boat on Sunday (low 70's in the PNW with 58 degree water temps). It was a fantastic day and probably our last good one.

I was doing great (for me) on my Heelside airs, so I started throwing some grabs. I did my traditional Tindy grab, which is my standard. After that, I was going for a roast beef grab, and before I knew it, I was throwing heelside air with a stalefish grab. I got it solid and stuck it like a boss. I was super stoked because I'd never done one of those before. I almost pulled a tail grab, but just kinda slapped the board and didn't get a full grab.

The new (to me) boat is helping a ton with pulling off new stuff.

So I had much stoke on Sunday.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       10-22-2014, 6:59 PM Reply   
Awesome man! Next time get some pics and vids to share!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-22-2014, 8:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
Awesome man! Next time get some pics and vids to share!
I wish I had some. I was honestly just riding for the joy of riding. The water was smooth and we didn't even have to motor all the way to our "spot" to have wakeboard worthy smoothness, so i just threw my gear on and rode. Yeah, I had to gopro in the boat, so no real excuse, except that vid wasn't a bit priority for me.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-23-2014, 8:06 AM Reply   
CTi hooked me up with a nice brace and I got back on the water within a couple weeks! Yesterday was the first time riding behind the boat since my knee issue, and logically coming off an injury I figured it's as good a time as any to learn whirylbirds... Close on one or two and way off on more than that. If you're looking for some cheap entertainment, pull up the @wakedevils Instagram page. We figured we'd let everybody laugh and cringe at my expense.

I'm going to keep at them though. Hopefully get them soon. Trekking to Sacramento from Tempe this weekend to ride in a collegiate comp, maybe I'll huck one on my last hit
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-23-2014, 8:58 AM Reply   
Trying to stomp the crow mobe this weekend. Went out last weekend and put all of them to board... now i just need to rotate a bit more and hang on!
Good luck, Jordan! throwing new tricks at the end of the comp run is always super fun. it keeps things interesting for sure.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       10-23-2014, 11:01 AM Reply   
Dude, that's at least 10,000,000 Cheese Coney dogs for you Jordan if you stick that Whirly in the comp. Good luck!