Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-31-2011, 7:36 PM Reply   
I found a mysterious power draw in my new to me stereo system. Someone in another forum suggested that it might be a relay that was used to the amplifier remote turn on wires. Makes sense, and it might be buried under the carpet.

I am adding a WS 420, and running new power and ground wires and then I will run the HU turn on switch to a switch on my dash. Since I think that the amplifier turn on wire is involved in my power draw, I will run a new one of those also.

The question here is that I will then be running my remote turn on wire to the ws 420 and 3 amps. I always thought the power draw from a remote turn on wire was miniscule and you could turn on as many peripherals as you wanted to. I received some conflicting advice that the power in that wire is not enough. So you guys with a similar system, how do you run all of those remote turn on wires?