Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (TitanBC)      Join Date: Feb 2015       03-30-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
So I'm in the process of rebuilding a 96 sanger v210 and am ordering my stereo system, I don't know much about the technical aspects of a stereo so I am looking for opinions. The music I primarily listen to is EDM for reference.

What I am going to run:
two pairs of rev 10's (tower)
pair of Memphis 6x9 -15MXA692 (stock location)
one xs-xxx - in the wet sounds dual slot ported box (under helm)

So the dealer I'm ordering this from recommended for amps a SD6 to run the tower and in boat speakers and a SD2 for the sub. From what I have found on line wont that be under powering what the rev 10's can handle? or is this set up correct?
Old     (TitanBC)      Join Date: Feb 2015       04-01-2015, 9:33 PM Reply   
So from doing more research I know I shouldn't be running 1sd6 for the two pairs of rev 10s and the pair of 6x9s. Can anyone give me an idea what my best options would be to run the above mentioned speakers and sub. I would like to stick with wet sounds amps. Thanks!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-02-2015, 5:34 AM Reply   
are the 6x9s on the tower or in the cabin?
Old     (TitanBC)      Join Date: Feb 2015       04-02-2015, 7:20 AM Reply   
The 6 x 9's are in the cabin, sub under helm. Thanks
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-02-2015, 9:23 AM Reply   
Titan -

Couple of suggestions for you.

The SD2 is the perfect WS amp for the sub however you might take a look at the 40 Hz enclosure (box specs are downloadable from the WS website) instead of the slotted enclosure. Many on this forum, including myself, have found it to be an excellent design for that sub and a lot less complicated to build.

Another SD 2 would be an excellent choice for your REV 10's as well. Wire 2 speakers in parallel to each channel will give you 310 watts per pod.

As for the 6x9's, I guess what I would do is figure out a way to add either another pair of those or some other size full range speakers in the cabin of the boat somewhere and then look at using a SYN 4 to power those 4 (up to 8) in boat speakers. With that big of a sub and those REV 10's you will probably need a few more in boat speakers to balance out the sound.

or if you don't want to add any more speakers, you could run an HT-2 to the 6X9's.

Obviously these suggestions are all considering your desire to run Wetsounds amps.

My .02
Old     (TitanBC)      Join Date: Feb 2015       04-03-2015, 7:52 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help Russ I was wondering myself if I should add another pair of cabin speakers. As for the sub box did you think it's a better sound from the 40 Hz then the slotted?
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-05-2015, 10:09 AM Reply   
Personally I have never heard the slotted box. I was going to build that box but after hearing reports from other on this forum between the 2 designs, it seemed as though the preference was for the 40 hz design. So I built that one and have been VERY happy with it.
Old     (TitanBC)      Join Date: Feb 2015       04-07-2015, 12:20 PM Reply   
Thanks Again Russ! Here's what we finally decided to go with and is being installed later this week can't wait!

REV 10's x 2 pair
XS650SRGB x 2 pair
Led Kit Rev 10 RGB x 2
XS-XXX (Double vented)
WS420BT
SD4 (in Cabin)
SD2 x 2 (tower and sub)
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-07-2015, 12:56 PM Reply   
Brian -
That system is going to be AWESOME!
you will love it!
Post up some pics of the install when your done!
Old     (TitanBC)      Join Date: Feb 2015       04-07-2015, 2:02 PM Reply   
Ha I'm pretty stoked the system is worth more then what I'm into the boat for hahaha.
Thanks again for the help I was Leary about the one SD6. Thanks for the advice