Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-23-2019, 11:45 AM Reply   
I have been on a humanoid O’Shea / cameo for 4 years and am considering changing things up and the Murray has caught my attention. . I have loved the cameo after switching from a code 22 and other 3 stage boards. Anyone ridden both ? I know they are totally different boards but share some characteristics of predictability which I like. Any info helps . Outside of the oracle and O’Shea ive ridden a code 22 ands a slingshot Hooke which I struggle on after riding a continuous rocker for years . I enjoyed
My buddies vagabond but it seemed a little too locked in and it’s a little small for me at 36 years ol
And 200 lbs . I was looking into maybe getting another humanoid but they don’t appear to have any in stock and haven for a bit.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-23-2019, 4:54 PM Reply   
Haven’t made the switch- there was another humanoid thread yesterday that went MIA.

My .02c
Why not just get a custom humanoid in a bigger size?

I’m currently on a cameo-favorite board I’ve ever ridden.

Was considering going to ancustom cameo in 147 with carbon layup in the belly to save some weight, but I think I’m going to give the Connelly Standard a try for this season.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-23-2019, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Haven’t made the switch- there was another humanoid thread yesterday that went MIA.

My .02c
Why not just get a custom humanoid in a bigger size?

I’m currently on a cameo-favorite board I’ve ever ridden.

Was considering going to ancustom cameo in 147 with carbon layup in the belly to save some weight, but I think I’m going to give the Connelly Standard a try for this season.
I thought about going custom and designed like 100 boards but they all ended up around 500 plus and I basically always design a cameo.I had not seen much out of humanoid on social or anything so my wheels started turning... Connelly standard is another one I’m considering but haven’t heard much . I haven’t ridden a traditional core in years but I’ve heard good things
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-24-2019, 8:19 AM Reply   
Yup- but the reality is that a carbon and wood board will last 2x or more longer than a foam board. So it’s not that crazy.

It’s the off season so I wouldn’t read into it too much yet. I hope they keep up because they are good for riders.

I was considering going 147 up from 144- carbon layup, the lighter softer core and a few other tweaks on a cameo. I wanted a stiffer belly and softer tips with less weight in a bigger size. If you know it’s great why not make a few tweaks on your favorite board to make it even better?