Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       03-22-2018, 9:53 AM Reply   
I just bought a house and need to replace the boat lift. I don't have enough depth for a float type system so am planning on going with a cable lift. Does anyone have any experience with Ultimate Boat Lifts?
http://www.ultimateboatlifts.com/
Old     (MIHokie)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-23-2018, 12:18 PM Reply   
I would check out Doozie esp. if you are in the Lake Gaston area. We have 2 in our boat house and have held up great for 15 years. Whatever you go with, make sure you run 240V to your dock for the lift.

http://www.itsadoozie.com/
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       03-23-2018, 5:07 PM Reply   
That is actually the issue, the dock is wired with 110v and Doozie only has a 220v in the 6,000 lb range. I only need 4,000 but would prefer 6,000. I guess I could look into the cost of running 220v to the dock.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-23-2018, 5:20 PM Reply   
220v = 2 x 110v

That means if you have enough amp available on your boat house power panel and enough slots available you can add 220v without a new line. You should check with a electrician first. Slots availability is only a matter of sub panel size and does not cost a lot to change. Upgrading a line is more costly as the current cable might not be thick enough for more amp and your home power panel might not have enough amp left for your boat house, but this point is highly unlikely.
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       03-26-2018, 4:01 AM Reply   
I don't have a box at the dock, the lines come from the house. There are two lines so I guess there is a chance the are from different breakers on different legs. It's a long shot but I'll check.
Old     (MIHokie)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-26-2018, 8:08 AM Reply   
You will be much happier with the performance of your lift if you can get 220V down there. Any 110V 6000 lb lift is going to be super slow.