Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       02-19-2011, 4:50 PM Reply   
I am new to the world. I am picking up my boat next week and was looking to support it with the right equipment. I have found a Ronix Koal Wakesurfer (2010) 4'6" board for what i feel is a good price. I need to know if I am making the choice. I don't mind spending the money, but I don't want to spend it again because of a mistake that I have made by not asking the right questions. I am 6'2" and 250lbs. I have friends both smaller and bigger than myself. Is this board the best choice I could make or is there something else I need to look for?

Thanks for any help offered.
Jamie
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-20-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
It's to small the minimum would be a 5.0 or larger . Yur weight is considered heavyweight. Yur height would make yur foot stance to close together on the 4.6 board.
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-20-2011, 9:40 AM Reply   
I am in your size category so I have experience in what you are looking for. You are gonna need a pretty good size board for your height and weight. You are right at the upper limit of many boards depending on your wave size. If you have a really good wave you can stretch the limit on the boards a little. You are right at the upper limit of the Inland Surfer Blue Lake and the Grindwater Ginsu which are both excellent boards. The Inland Surfer Red Woody would be a very good board for your size. TWP bazooka also a good match. I know there are other boards out there for the big guys but I am not familiar with them all. Search back for posts on the Wake9 polar bear events. They demo'd a lot of big guy boards. I would however stay away from the boards manufactured by wakeboard companies...Ronex, LF, Hyperlite etc. You will outgrow them really fast. Stick with a wakesurf board manufacturing company.

Last edited by bigcatpt; 02-20-2011 at 9:43 AM.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-22-2011, 6:29 AM Reply   
ditto What bigcatpt said.

While i have not ridden all the boards bigcatpt mentioned, I own and ride a red woody and it s a really good board for big guys. Hard to find used but worth every penny especially while learning; straight line speed, stable, etc.

Highly recommend one.

T
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-22-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
I have a Koal 5' and i weigh 185lbs. works for me, but I'm probably the heaviest person you want to put on it. They say 225lbs can ride it, but I'm not quite sure.