Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-14-2011, 7:24 PM Reply   
Hi, im a new owner of a 05' sv230 and a first time inboard owner. i have a few questions, i have search but can not find the answers.
the boat came stock with the hard tanks under the port and starboard seats. the previous owner was goofy footed so he had removed the starboard tank and installed a 650# bag. he had 2 more 650# bags and 1 750# bag. so i pulled out the port side tank and installed one of the 650# bags.
for surfing i put the 750# in the port locker and filed the 650# under the seat and the wake was ok so i put the 650# bag on the 750# and filled it maybe 1/4 and the wake was pretty good.

first question:
did this boat ever come with a center tank or a bow sac and if so where did the center tank go? cant see any room. and does the bow sack just go under the bow seats? whats the best bow sac?

second:
how is the enzo sac for wakeboarding? i blew my ACL out last year and had it replaced so i think at least for this year i will be sticking to surfing but some of my crew still wants to wakeboard. this winter hopefully i will do a pump/ballast set up and i was just wondering would it be better to put a big 1100# sac in the locker and leave the 650# under the seats? this will allow me to fill the under seat sacs centering the weight more or is the enzo sack still the way to go?

just buying the boat i dont really have the dough to buy bags or pumps right now although it really seams like i need to get something in the bow.

thanks in advance and so far im real happy with the boat. and have been reading all i can here.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-14-2011, 8:41 PM Reply   
Check out centurioncrew.com for all your specific questions. Congrats on the boat.

T
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-15-2011, 7:43 AM Reply   
For surfing the 1100 in the locker with the 650 under the side seat will work better than the 750/650 combo. Speeds around 11 mph to start. If your crew is small some guys put a 500# sac across the back seat and the passengers along the port (surf) side.

Unless you have the sideswipe exhaust the stock "enzo" sac is over rated. You can get a custom sac made to fill your entire locker and up under the side seat with ports for more pumps for under $600.

We have a custom sac in our SV230 that fills the entire locker and up under the port arm (approximately 1750#) and a 400# sac under the starboard side seat with a 160# driver and a 130# passenger taking the picture. We are running 11.5 mph (stargazer PP) with the Bennet trim tab at 25%. Our wake is very long with a ton of push.
Attached Images

Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-15-2011, 4:44 PM Reply   
thanks, i have been reading as much as i can on here and on centurioncrew. i posted the same question on centurion and have gotten little response.

how is the enzo sac for wake boarding? i was thinking a 1100 in the back locker and a 650 under the seat might be better. that way i could fill the 650 for wake boarding centering the weight more. maybe im wrong???? im not sure if the 650 is filling completely. it is a lunch pad and it has two big cups in it like giant cup holders. i cant figure out why they are there, just seem like they take up space that could be filled with water.

also what is the best bow sac?
thanks for the response.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-15-2011, 5:03 PM Reply   
if you wakeboard you need to fill the bags up all the way. it is a lot of weight and you will need a lot of power. If you partially fill the bags, they will slosh around and cause the speed to go crazy. I tried it and it was terrible. we ended up just running with out ballast for wakeboarding.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-15-2011, 6:08 PM Reply   
so then the 1100 in locker and 650 under seat would be the way to go. that way i can just fil the 650 all the way up. we are by no means expert wakeboarders.
Old     (1niceharley)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-15-2011, 7:49 PM Reply   
I have 1100lb sacs in my rear lockers and I have ran wakeboarding with them partially filled (couple/300lbs maybe) with out issues. What Mitch said makes sense but I have not had the same issue. I would think the Enzo sac would be fine for wakeboarding partially filled but I am not for sure. I am surprised you didn't get more responses on CC.com. I belong to that site also and I didn't post up because I really don't know the answer to your question's, I own an Avalanche. GL. Plus it would be a lot easier to plumb in the enzo sac, then 2 separate ones. IMO.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-16-2011, 5:50 AM Reply   
I also have enzo style sacks in my boat and wakeboard with them partially filled with no problem like stated above
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-16-2011, 8:08 AM Reply   
i have 2 enzo sacs in my 09 sv23 and fill them half way with no problem. I have never had a slosh problem. I do put coolers, vests etc etc in the lockers with them half filled. maybe that helps. Alot of peeps think the enzo is a not so great wakeboard boat, but i have had bu's before this and find the enzo wake to be wide, but it is not touchy at all. you can slam a bunch of weight and the wake is long and uber solid with a ton of ramp. just play with your rope length and get a lower pitch prop. as for the surf wake, its killer. lots of push and you dont need any bow weight, just increase your speed if you want a longer pocket. I also used motox number background material to cover the port vent to keep water out. just cut it to the shape of the vent, apply it and then cover it witht he plate. it keeps the water out. the blower fan is on the right side so it does not affect anything. hope this helps
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-16-2011, 8:29 AM Reply   
the CC site is great and a lot of good reads just not much help with these questions. im still split on the 1100# sac that would be cheaper less than $200 and i already have the two 650# for under the seats but everyone says the enzo sac is the way to go. for now i was thinking of running the stock pump to the 1100 to fill and plumb in my mayfair pump and wire to drain. keep the mayfair drain pump on the 650# (already plumbed and wired) and jut through a pump overboard to fill the 650 for now. still up in the air but this seems like the way im leaning for now. im not to concerned with drain times. big lake Erie with a good 45min or more travel to and from riding area and all my crew is regular foot.

i also noticed the stock fill pumps on the back of the transom will not fill unless the motor is off. i tried with motor on and boat stopped but the exhaust must turn the water enough that it cant suck the water??? anyone have the same problem?
Old     (1niceharley)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-16-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
Is it the ballast puppy or aerator style pumps for the fill? Ballast puppy should have no problem pulling in the water. aerator needs to be primed, might just put it in reverse for a bit to force water up to the pump to prime it.?.?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-16-2011, 9:45 AM Reply   
I have no experience with this boat or setup but if you plan on wakeboarding a fair amount I like the idea of having separate bags. I would use the stock pumps for the 650's and add a 1 or 2 scuppers on the bottom with a new set of pumps for the 1100# rears. I am not sure if you will need anything for the bow. Maybe just go buy 400-500 pounds of lead sacks that you can move around.

With this setup in the boat you can fill the 1100 and 650 on the surf side while moving the lead where you want. For wakeboarding just fill the 650's to start giving you a nice even weight. Then if you want more you can put the lead in the bow and fill the 1100's a little.

You said you also have a 750 and an extra 650. You could skip the lead and use those wherever you need extra weight with a tsunami pump.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-16-2011, 10:19 AM Reply   
i have been working on some plans for new pumps this winter. right now i just want to get through the summer with a half way decent set up. im definatly not afraid of madifying the boat, i like that kind of stuff.
im not sure what kind of pumps they are, i will look this weekend. i know they are white and mounted right on the back of the transom on either side of the trim tab. right now just the 650 under the seats are plumbed in and i fill the 750 and a 650 with a uber pump and drain with a mayfair over the side.
so far i love the boat and have a laundry list of mods i want to do.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-16-2011, 10:25 AM Reply   
One thing that has not been mentioned here it the prop required to get the boat out of the hole with all of this ballast. What is currently on your boat?
Old     (1niceharley)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-16-2011, 11:59 AM Reply   
I think if you have the white ones mounted to the transome than they are the aerator style. I would try reverse to primp the pumps if you want to keep the boat running while filling the ballast but if you start moving forward you will likely lose the water needed to keep the pumps primed and filling. Best bet is just to fill while engine is off, those style pumps are not power hungry, and will not drain your battery for the little time needed to fill your ballast.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-16-2011, 1:45 PM Reply   
check out the cent crew for the prop my boat has a different vdrive and ratio, so our prop are different. i want to say the 911 but not sure. I fill my enzo sacs with a johnson pump, (forget the model) it takes about 6 min to fill and a little less to drain. I would def get a fast pump for the 1100 sac
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-16-2011, 5:17 PM Reply   
it came with a 515 on it but it was banged up. not real bad but a few dings here and there. it had a spare prop that is SS 13x13 other than that there are no markings on it. coming from I/O SS props perform much better so i through it on. with my current set up it seems to be working fine and runs about 4800rpm at about 38mph by gps. i know SS props are not forgiving but lake erie is deep and "normally" would not be an issue.

i will try reversing to prime, but this winter will install 1" on the bottom of boat with a couple of Johnson pumps.