Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-26-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
I'm looking at getting new bindings and I have narrowed it down to either the Ronix One's or the Cells. I was wondering if anyone can give me some pro's and con's of both boots. What are the differences and similarities? I've heard good things from both of them so I am just kind of on the edge right now. Thanks
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-26-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
its all preference. the ones are guna be a little bit looser and the cells are stiffer. they are both comfortable. Are you more of a technical trick guy or do u like to poke out grabs a lot?
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-26-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
exactly what bart said :-)
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-26-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
I'm more into style and poking out grabs than technical stuff
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-26-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
Then the ones are probably for you. They are a LOT more flexible then the Cells with good hold from your heel to the top of your shin.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-26-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
After trying on both I went with the Cells. The fit all around my narrow foot much much better than the Ones. I am alos not one for huge pokes and like the support of a binding. I demoed the Watsons, Shanes and Ones along with the Slingshot D2's and the Gonzalez. I know YOUr gonna say I am anal, but my foot is terrible to try and fit. I am a B width with skinny chicken ankles. I was inbetween sizes on the Watsons. The Shanes were too soft for me felt like I had to ankle support on my edges. And the D2's were very very close to the Cells in fit was really a toss up. Only reason I went with the Ronix is it is their second year and it is the Slingshots first with the D2 which is essentially an 08 Driver with mods.

The Ones just seem to have not snugged around my foot or filled the gaps as well as the Cells did. Honestly everyone says they are stiff as heck, but I don't think so. WAs leaning towards the Ones the whole time, but after riding the Cells I was sold. I thought the Watsons were much stiffer. If I recall the cuff on the Cells comes up just a bit higher as well. Either way you go their 08 stuff blows away the 07 gear for sure in their bindings. Just wish they would get the mounting plate dialed. Still flexes a ton, but myslef being and intermediate/advanced rider with 0 raleys 5 inverts and a few spins I don't think I am maxing that out or pushing it to the limits. But the plates on the LF bindings are dialed. Can only hope now after getting the 08 Cells if they do redial the plate we can get one to retro fit so I don't have to drop $$ on 09's :-) HAAHAAHA