Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-18-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
Out riding last night with Nate, I had been eyeing his new Slingshot Response all day long. He invites me to give it a ride, I jump at the chance. Figure I would cruise a nice heelside 1st jump before kicking it. This thing shot me straigt up and out into the flats like I had really booted my three stage board surprising the hell out of me. A few more heelsides and some toe sides and I am sold. This thing pops like it's on cruise control.

Now the big question. From many years of slalom skiing it is hard for me not to cut too hard and too fast so I have been riding a 3 stage CWB Absolute Plat for the past 2 years, Obrien Demented before that, and a Belmont before that. When I swithced from the Belmont to the Obrien I really liked the extra pop.

I am going to buy a Slingshot pretty soon (like as soon as I have time to an open shop). I am wondering if I should just buy the same board as Nate because I liked his or if I should go through the hassle of trying to demo a Recoil 3 stage?

Thoughts?
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-18-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
interesting. i say demo the 3. i ride the recoil and dont get the huge pop. well depends on the wake. i find the boards ride a heck of a lot better behind big wakes. i can say that the board is a blast to hit double ups with. i kinda wish i had tried the response now though, im starting to hear good things
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
i am way stoked with slingshot too. i have tried 2 sizes in both types and found that i liked the 142 recoil best personally...However, every time i demoed was behind a new boat and new wake...sooo... but i feel comfortable with my choice nonetheless.

try both if you can. might even consider trying the next size up (unless you already are trying the 145) especially because how light the boards are.

but if you can't try the other board then the safest route is the one your friend has of course.

if you like the slingshot boots and want to take full advantage of every inch of flex then you could get an '07 for cheaper. that is the route i took. but remember only slingshot boots fit the '07 boards

thought to self: i wonder how much lighter the '07s are without the additional traditional inserts, probably a insignificant difference? :-)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-18-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
I love my 3-stage recoil....but I've always been a 3-stage kinda guy.... either way you'll get use to it.

I only have been on the response at the cable park so I donno how it pops.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-18-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
I usually ride 3 stage boards but went with the response. I noticed a lot of boot when I first rode the board aswell on the kickers at the cable park and especially off the wake. A few of my friends who have been on my board agree that the pop is there for sure and that the board lands very soft aswell. I have never been on the recoil.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-27-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
Took two boards out last Saturday morning, the Recoil 142 and the Response 145. I felt my air was bigger with the Response 145 and the Response 142 than the Recoil 142. Maybe it's just my riding style but I definately like the Response more than the Recoil. On the other hand my buddy liked the Recoil, he is keeping the Recoil, I am keeping the Response.