Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       05-23-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
Hey i don't mean to be a hater or anything, but does anyone else hate kneeboarding and everything about it as much as i do? I feel like kneeboarding is to wakeboarding as rollerblader douchebags are to skateboarding. It troubles me, just the thought of kneeboarding!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
Once in a while when wakeboarding is pissing me off I'll throw on the kneeboard play around...its a nice break, i'm prob. better on a kneeboard than a wakeboard too...

nothing like a nice double grabbed kneeboard 7 to make you feel good about yourself
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-23-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
Each to his own I guess. I'm not going to lie, I was a little dissapointed when my nephew took to kneeboarding instead of wakeboarding, but seriously, those guys have some balls. Some of the stuff the good ones do is pretty crazy, haha.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-23-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
I don't.
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       05-23-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
I don't know, when wakeboarding is breaking my balls i slide around on the wakeskate for alittle bit than when i realize its super hard and go back to straps it always makes me feel good about myself!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-24-2008, 4:26 AM Reply   
I hate it because it hurts my knees and lower back so much. Get a guy to ride with you who kills it and you'll get a whole new respect for kneeboarders...but seriously, how many do you see. I've seen 1 in the last year! Here's a former student of mine when we went riding a couple of years ago...best kneeboarder I've seen in person, and I enjoyed it. Try cutting in 'switch' on a kneeboard, which means backwards, and then pull some rolls/flips...pretty impressive.
Upload
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-24-2008, 5:27 AM Reply   
I say if they're not making waves to bother me and they're having fun on the water who cares...
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-24-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
They're so rare anymore, and it usually seems to be only kids doing it with their parents. Anything behind a boat that is family oriented is good stuff. ...Now jet skis and waverunners jumping your wake...urgh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-24-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
Yeah, we have one for our kids, because its easier for them and its fun.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-24-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
They don't bother me, I have moved past the elitist attitude that some wakeboarders have, but we don't have problems finding good water. I could see where if you had to fight for good water, you might have some animosity towards other watersports. I never see them anymore though, but the guy who taught me how to wakeboard could do double fronts and several mobes on a kneeboard. He was fun to watch due to his skill level.
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-24-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
i rollerblade... and were nice people...
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-24-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
I rollerblade, guess I am a d-bag...I got into rollerblading because there isn't ice all year to skate on.

Let the kneeboarder's be they ain't so bad.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-24-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
anything a guys does on his knees does not impress me, even that ralley looks stupid
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-24-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
You are of course welcome to your opinion, but I find it hard to call something stupid when it is difficult to do (and something I can't do myself). Life is too short to waste time pulling other people down, if you don't have something good/nice to say, why waste your time?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-24-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
boy, holding on to that tube is difficult (and something i cannot do myself), life is too short to waste doing stupid things, why waste your time?
Old     (flash)      Join Date: May 2008       05-24-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
Im surprised kneeboarders dont wear pink thongs to help improve thier style. For kids thier cool though. If you go to kneeboardworld.com they have lots of vids you could laugh for hours
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-24-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
jo shmoe, although I do not kneeboard, I must admit that there is a high level of skill involved in the more technical tricks. The difference is tubing is just holding on, no skill involved what so ever. It's just "hey lets hang onto this thingy and try not to let go," versus well thought out and executed tricks.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-24-2008, 10:18 PM Reply   
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BpQDDs7XuI0

I must admit I used to make the old man proud when I'd bust out a 360 on the kneeboard then charge our massive jetboat wake in front of people in the delta when I was a youngster, this video ain't me either, I try not to document the kneeboarding...
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-24-2008, 10:30 PM Reply   
gotta respect the roots man...
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-25-2008, 5:11 AM Reply   
Brian- what can you say? Why trash what other people love. I didn't see your profile but I am assuming you must be 12 or 13. When you grow up you will find this type of dialogue- that means conversation, is really immature.
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       05-25-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
nah, i'm older than that, sorry everyone, there were some good points made. I'm old enough to respect other peoples opinions and be mature about the situation enough to change my opinion and understand what other people are talking about.
Old     (zirb3l)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-25-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
I love kneeboarding, i like wakeboarding far more, but kneeboarding works different muscles so you can go back to back with it.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-25-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
I've never even seen anyone kneeboarding before. I guess it's one of those things that never really got popular down here like it did in the US, but I don't own the water and neither does anyone else, so it's pretty much free for all. Organisation could probably help but who has the time/money/motivation to 1) Make the rules (and make them fair on everyone) 2) Get others to follow them.
Old     (bobert)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-25-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BpQDDs7XuI0

How can these guys take landing on their knees like that? Learning how to kneeboard definitely helped me learn how to wakeboard easier. Like everyone else said as long as they're having fun and aren't buggin me, whatever.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2008, 9:15 PM Reply   
As somebody who has had knee problems, I have a healthy respect for those who land on them from 5 or 6 feet in the air.
Old     (rocketdogg)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-26-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
I had a friend in high school back in the late 80's that was pretty good on a kneeboard (couple inverts), but he was also a great street skater. He would always stand up on his kneeboard and skate around, do surface 3's, and also try to clear the wake.

Hate to break it to you, but that "homo" kneeboarder was wakeskating way before the current trend. Gotta respect that.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-26-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
One of the nicest guys I have met this yer is a kneeboarder :-) I have nothign against them
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-27-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
I haven't been on a kneeboard in over a decade. To me it was more fun than wakeboarding before the modern twin-tip style boards came out. I've been thinking about picking one up to play around with again.