Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-29-2011, 8:47 PM Reply   
Hey guys put my new battery in the boat, got my fake a lake hooked up and was getting ready to start getting the boat ready. So I wanted to start the boat. However I have power to everything except the instrument cluster, the radio, and the starter to turn the boat over, no perfect pass. Blower turns on, WS-420 comes on when I hit the stereo switch, but no radio power.

And for poohs n giggles lets say for conversations sake a guy hooked up the cables backwards pos to neg and neg to pos, wouldnt there be a fuse somewhere that would trip?

I have checked the resettable fuse near the perko switch, and I have checked all the push in fuses under the drivers dash.

we have narrowed it down to the hot lead coming into the ignition switch which inst hot, we jumper-ed it from the hot post under the dash and turned the key and everything beeped and lit up, we also removed the 2(3) leads off the back of the kill switch and jammed them together also tried jumper-ing just to bypass the switch and still no juice to the dash or radio.

I also removed the leads off the back of the breaker on the perko panel, just to check and that did nothing either.

So we know the problem is somewhere between the perko and the ignition BUT WHERE? I followed the hot ignition wire and it goes up behind the gauges and appears to just come back out and then go into another harness and that harness goes into the mega loom of wire mess.

And whats the chances that same problem thats keeping power from coming to the ignition switch is the same problem with the radio?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-29-2011, 10:06 PM Reply   
Will it start? Check your safety lanyard.
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-30-2011, 7:19 AM Reply   
It will start if I jumper the hot post under the dash to the hot lead on the ignition switch, then everything works fine except the radio. I checked the saftey kill switch by bypassing and that didn't work either which means that switch is still good.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-30-2011, 7:21 AM Reply   
I know there are some fuses on the engine by the ECM on Mercruisers.The ignition is a 20A.from 2007 Black Scorpion manual,"A 20A fuse may be located in the ignition switch"I" terminal lead to protect the electricial system.Check for blown fuse if the Ignition key is turned to the "START" position and nothing happens."Also check the 50A circuit breaker on the engine it has a little yellow lever that drops down when tripped.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-30-2011, 7:25 AM Reply   
Not sure if '09 Centurions still use Merc. thought I'd throw it out there.
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-01-2011, 7:51 PM Reply   
Just wanted to let you guys know I found it. There was a 90amp fuse above the starter, and that was the problem.

THANKS!
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-02-2011, 10:25 AM Reply   
Thank God. I thought we we're gonna have to use my boat : )