Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-30-2016, 1:13 PM Reply   
So I have a friend who is interested in buying a new wakecraft. I didn't even know that they are still around, but it made me look and sure enough they are still making boats. My friend is interested in the ZR8, which looks like it has some kind of surf gates installed.

Have any of you guys seen one of these ZR8s in the wild? Been on one? Demo'd one?

The ZR8 is the white boat on http://www.wakecraft.com/ with the triple axle trailer
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-30-2016, 1:37 PM Reply   
Friends don't let friends buy wakecrafts.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-30-2016, 1:48 PM Reply   
No
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       08-30-2016, 1:57 PM Reply   
Where do you even buy one at?

Looking at the website the ZR8's BASE price starts at $105k...why in the world would you go with this boat at that price point when there are so many other nationally established brands?
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-30-2016, 2:15 PM Reply   
Huh. Never heard of them. Looks like they have Malibu's surf gate on their boat:
http://wakecraftboats.com/images/demo/slide2.png

Also looks like they have the Malibu Wedge (I thought Malibu has a patent for the wedge):
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-30-2016, 3:08 PM Reply   
I think it's actually a switchblade, not a wedge.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-30-2016, 3:47 PM Reply   
electric tower!

from McRoman's on Vimeo.

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-30-2016, 3:51 PM Reply   
gotta admit the wave doesn't look terrible at all (though the over use of slo-mo is irritating)

from McRoman's on Vimeo.

Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-30-2016, 3:56 PM Reply   
If you friend wants to buy a wakeboat, steer him to one of the more established brands.

Saw a wakecraft once on the water in all my years. Unimpressed to say the least.

To me it would have to be really, really cheap to even consider it, especially as resale is going to be difficult as there are very few of them ever made.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-31-2016, 6:24 AM Reply   
If your friend wants to buy a wakecraft, that'd be great. Would love to see some info on here about the boat when he gets it.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-31-2016, 7:18 AM Reply   
Yeah I gotta say that white one looks way nicer than I have seen in the past. Seems like they dumbed them down a bit so they are not so over the top looking. Probably not for me, but they are starting to move in the right direction for sure. Did not know they were still around.... Good luck to them if so.