Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (guess402)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-12-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
Just picked up this past weekend. Had a question I noticed even though its new the cover lets water pool just over the corner of the port side rear corner. I looked in my dealers lot an noticed another x-15 with this same problem. Is this common and if so is there an easy fix? (i really pulled the straps as tight as they could go and it happend with just a light spray from the hose on the cover) Should I be asking my dealer for a new cover? Not really sure what route to take.
Old     (koop)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-12-2009, 6:14 PM Reply   
Not sure about the cover but let's see some pic's....
Old     (guess402)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-12-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
sorry forgot the photo
Upload
Old     (jrbishop4)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-12-2009, 7:38 PM Reply   
I have the same problem with my new X2 and looked at my dealer and many of the boats there have the same problem. I would think for the money we spend we would get a cover that doesn't pool. It is not a huge deal for me since it doesn't sit out in the rain to much but if it does I just stick a life jacket or 2 under the pole to push up on the cover a little more and it works for me.
Old     (guess402)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-12-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
It seems absurd that we spend all this money on a boat and they cannot even give us a cover that doesn't pool water. They have to be able to come up with a fix even if its sending new poles.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2009, 8:56 PM Reply   
put a tennis ball in between the cover and pad maybe?
idk really know the problem specifically but that might be an easy fix
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-13-2009, 5:31 AM Reply   
I also have an X-15 and havent noticed any pooling. But i sure will look next time it rains and im by the boat. I have noticed water in my bilge after big rains but i thought that was normal, Nice boats by the way.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-13-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
My neighbor at the marina has the exact same problem with his! We use our boat a lot more than they do, so I always dump the water off for them when we go out.
Old     (burtonrider77)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-13-2009, 8:50 PM Reply   
your boats should have came with the tent poles, every new mastercraft comes with it.
Old     (guess402)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-13-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
it has the poles otherwise obviously it would pool. A little frustrated with this issue. But with the poles it only pools on the port side. Yes they are set up properly i double checked with my dealer just in case I was an idiot
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-13-2009, 9:47 PM Reply   
I don't know about that specific model. But factory covers typically suck compared to a good Rankin or Evolution style cover.
Look around for custom made PVC supports that various people have made to prevent pooling on the cover.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-14-2009, 7:05 AM Reply   
i have a 2002 xstar and have the same problem. I rarely use my cover excpet on weekend trips and have run into the issue a few times. It looked sketchy, but i took a bungy cord and hooked it to the strap sewn inside the cover. I attached the other end of the bundy to one of the tires and it pulled the cover tight enough so that the water didnt pool.

I agree that for the money, you shouldn't have to do that. But....
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-14-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
is it parked on level ground? uneven and water can pool on the high side easier.
Old     (guess402)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-14-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
Yeah its on level ground. I will get pictures of it next weekend
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-14-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
I checked my boat last night after it rained and had no problem with water pooling. It looks like you do not have the snap on covers so this may have something to do with it. I know my buddy who does not have the snap covers has the same problem.

Also, maybe they started it in 09 but my poles are adjustable and I think the ones that come with your cover are not so you may want to look into getting the adjustable poles so you can raise the cover a little.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-14-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
my 08 poles are adjustable, just two set places though, up and down. Do u pull the little straps tight before ratcheting, Seems to pull the cover tight on my X-15. just a thought. I also make sure the cover is well below the rub rail before ratcheting. this seems to "tent" the cover alittle more.