Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Kwclark)      Join Date: Oct 2013       03-18-2016, 1:17 PM Reply   
So im in the market for a new old boat and have it narrowed down to an 03-05 MC x2 or 03-05 Nautique 210. Im not concerned about the wake. What Im concerned about is which boat being 11 years old will last the longest, easiest to work on my self, interior vinyl quality, and which one was built the best. If you own either of these and still do how are they holding up? I have owned a prostar with the indmar predator which seems to be almost the same engine in the x2 but have never owned a PCM. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-18-2016, 4:50 PM Reply   
The GT40 in the nautique is hard to beat and uses less fuel.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-18-2016, 4:59 PM Reply   
05 SAN 210s will not have the GT-40. The 330 PCM is still an awesome engine and will last a long time if treated right. I would lean toward the Nautique but that's because of the wake. Both boats should last a long time if well treated.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-19-2016, 8:00 AM Reply   
FWIW, I just traded in an 05 SAN a few months ago. In 11 seasons of ownership, I did the regular maintenance and that's it. I never had a single issue with the motor. After the typical new boat bugs got worked out, I never had a single issue with anything else either. 560 hours. Loved that boat.
Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-20-2016, 12:00 AM Reply   
Either one will be a winner am a boat mechanic and both are all good if looked after look out for teleflex gauges on earlier nautique and the other one is the vinyl around the latches on the rear hatches tend to crack on the nautique MC you should look at the gas struts as they tend to work loose on the hatches but otherwise both good boats with good wakes
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-20-2016, 7:26 AM Reply   
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-20-2016, 7:50 AM Reply   
Having owned a 2000 Xstar for over -200 plus hours and spending a ton of time in 210's of those eras I would have to give the build quality to Nautique. The quality there is just a hair above and the boat is a little more rock solid.

Having said that both are going to last a lifetime of properly maintained. You can't pick a wrong boat in this situation performance wise. It basically comes down to a pro/con list of sorts. The PCM and Indmar power plants are rock solid.

MC PROS
-Little more roominess
-More storage
-Wake shape is much more forgiving
-skis awesome
-drives like a Ferrari weighted or unweighted.
-surfable with better surf wake than a 210.
-wakeboard wake has one of the best shapes of all time. Perfect transitions , ability to mellow it out or peak it up a touch with weight placement. Nice landing zones.
-bow area is much deeper and more useable for comfort(when not filled with ballast)

Con
-Takes a crap ton of weight to get the wake mackin. Best setup Wakeboarding. 750's in rear. , factory Center bag, and ins or bow triangle up front(so in essence you loose your bow seating). You can run a 600 in the walkway to keep the bow seating as an option.
- vinyl was crap( while most companies experienced crap vinyl due to new epa regulations, mc's was hit pretty hard.
-factory decals no longer available or in very very very short supply
-prone to stress cracks on interior gelcoat in bow area and walk through. Also in the area where the air vents are screwed in just in front of the windshield on the side. (More cosmetic than anything structural).

Nautique
-vinyl is Touch better
- takes the least amount of weight to get the wake macking. (In turn little savings on fuel)
-03 is the single most desirable year for features, graphics and accessories.
-drivers helm is very comfortable.
-factory decals all still available
- wakeboard wake is like no other wake around. It's sends you booting straight up.
CON
- boat is really tight on storage
-telefax gauges were prone to failure
-hour meters are pretty much inaccurate on some models due to the failure of the gauges and the engine not logging info
-ski and surf wake are below the MC
-wakeboard wake while massive and poppy , leaves you with tight landing zone, and can be intimidating to new a at first.

I am sure I am missing a couple for each but it really boils down to what you need and are looking for in features and what stacks up. The quality is there on both

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-20-2016 at 7:54 AM.
Old     (MylesK)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-20-2016, 7:59 AM Reply   
This 210's still up for sale...

photo IMG_4453.2016-02-20_214441_zpsfpeqqgzj.jpg

I've been pimping it pretty hard as lake season rolls around. Their was another thread on here about 210's not long ago.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-21-2016, 5:42 AM Reply   
You have a link to you Red SANTE?
Old     (MylesK)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-21-2016, 6:19 AM Reply   
Here ya go

Only Inboards - http://www.onlyinboards.com/2002-Sup...oma-54937.aspx

Craigslist (a few more pics) - http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/boa/5476434946.html

Txt me @ 405-760-3003 if interested and i can get you more pics / answer any ?'s