Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    supraguy            07-11-2010, 4:41 AM Reply   
Ok my boat was running like a champ until it flashed service required. So I took the boat in right away and they said it was a update of somesort. So here is the problem, the boat now when loaded down(same as before the problem)the boat takes for ever to get on plane
and in return it's buring a ton of fuel. The dealer and indmar admit there is a problem but yet can't seem to figure out what it is. We are waiting on supra rep to see what he thinks. My boat has about 160-165 hours so pretty new still and it's always been serviced.... Anyone else out there share this problem or am I the loan supra in this one....
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-12-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
Make sure they installed the correct software on your boat. I had an o2 sensor go out the first time I had the boat out which flashed a check engine prompt (I have an '08 w/340 HP CAT ETX). Took it to the dealership I purchased the boat from, installed a new sensor and they loaded Moomba software on the ECU and my perfect pass would not work at all next time out. Possibly they uploaded the wrong version of the software on your ECU. I actually had to take it to a different Indmar dealer to get it properly installed. Some of the these shops have no idea what they are doing.

They were dragging there feet on this, so I started to get involved and called Skiers Choice to expedite the process. This helped a lot, even though my boat was still in the shop for two weeks. Might want to conider calling Anthony or Matt Brown at Skiers Choice, explain to them the problem, where the boat is at and get them moving on it.

Last edited by fman; 07-12-2010 at 2:17 PM.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-12-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
I don't have the same problem as you but I did have a major problem this past weekend that scared me. For some reason at the end of the day my engine temp shot up to 203 degrees, the gauge was flashing, and I shut the motor off immediately. The water yesterday had a ton of debris in it and all kinds of sludge and stuff from the shore because it had rained all day Saturday, so I am thinking that I sucked something up in my raw water intake and it was preventing the engine from being cooled. At idle the temp only lowered to 150, and the normal operating temp is between 120-140 degrees.

Not good! Luckily my wife's father was out on his boat and he towed us back in close enough to the dock that I could start the boat and coast into the dock, even though the engine temp jumped back up to 186 degrees.

The boat goes in this Friday for it's scheduled first 15-20 hour oil change, so the dealer is going to check this as well. My boat is 3 wks old so this was a real shock to me. Not a good way to end an awesome day and my weekend. Hopefully you get your issue fixed soon.