Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-03-2017, 10:31 PM Reply   
People. Stop wasting your money on tower speaker clamps.
Just bolt them to the tower like in this install.

Another Tip: photo #2 don't worry about pointing your speakers at you. Any direction works just fine
Attached Images

Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-04-2017, 4:02 AM Reply   
Ghettoooooooo!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-04-2017, 11:45 AM Reply   
I didn't know Helen Keller owned a boat...
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       08-04-2017, 1:17 PM Reply   
That's so when you can't get on plane they are aimed at the rider.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       08-04-2017, 3:50 PM Reply   
Top of the line speakers right there, someday I hope to have something sweet like this on my boat!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-05-2017, 6:51 AM Reply   
What if that is the best they could afford? Or god forbid, they couldn't give a rats ass about their stereo and just want to throw down behind the boat. I've been the guy with the crappy boat, working with what he could afford. I'd rather see a dude ripping behind a IO with dangling speakers. Than a dude behind a G, on a tight Surfline, screaming over a wetsounds system, "This wave has no push! We need another 1000# sac for the bow!"
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2017, 7:08 AM Reply   
Justin: I feel ya I guess I should have taken more pics of the boat so you could have gotten a idea of the big picture and how no love or maintenance or care was given to this boat. The way in which the speakers are installed pretty much was a theme of the entire boat. If this boat was a dog it would be featured in a late night commercial with Sarah McLachlan asking for donations to rescue it. LOL

BTW it dosent cost much to take care of your $hit. 3 or 4 bottles of 99c Totally Awesome would do wonders for the interior and as far as the tower speakers go 2 Ebay speaker clamps are like $20.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-05-2017, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Justin: I feel ya I guess I should have taken more pics of the boat so you could have gotten a idea of the big picture and how no love or maintenance or care was given to this boat. The way in which the speakers are installed pretty much was a theme of the entire boat. If this boat was a dog it would be featured in a late night commercial with Sarah McLachlan asking for donations to rescue it. LOL

BTW it dosent cost much to take care of your $hit. 3 or 4 bottles of 99c Totally Awesome would do wonders for the interior and as far as the tower speakers go 2 Ebay speaker clamps are like $20.

Lol at the Sarah McLachlan comment. And amen about looking after your ****. Totally Awesome is actually a decent cleaner!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-06-2017, 5:58 AM Reply   
No. I think you wake/boat worshiping posers need to get some perspective. There are people like me that spend a heck of a lot more time sending it than buffing my hull or struggling to get the lowest possible angle shot of my surf wave. Wakeboarding is sport, not a pageant.
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       08-06-2017, 11:21 AM Reply   
What does taking care of your crap have to do with "sending it"? Taking pride of your stuff has nothing to do with how much you ride..
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-06-2017, 12:04 PM Reply   
Ummm...this is wakeWORLD. I'm pretty sure everyone at vegan world or SaveTheOrphansWorld would think anyone with a boat has a lack of perspective. Esp a nice VLX. Sell your boat, move to Africa for a couple yrs and maybe you can play the perspective card. We all rise to our own level of hipocracy.

Anyways, I'm sure there are some kids on your lawn you can go yell at. I'm gonna go buff my hull.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-06-2017, 12:25 PM Reply   
^LOL. Love this thread! Thumbs up on the Sara McLachlan story!
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       08-06-2017, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
No. I think you wake/boat worshiping posers need to get some perspective. There are people like me that spend a heck of a lot more time sending it than buffing my hull or struggling to get the lowest possible angle shot of my surf wave. Wakeboarding is sport, not a pageant.

Prove it...
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-06-2017, 2:27 PM Reply   
Ohh...btw, I would rather see someone sending it on an I/o with dangling speakers than any surf boat as well. But if you have dangling speakers, then just own it. Or better yet, just remove them. Couple of $30 in-boat speakers and your in business.

I would posit that anyone with dangling speakers is a total poser in that they are posing as someone with a real stereo system.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-07-2017, 7:27 AM Reply   
Nothing to see here folks. Me thinks one or 2 users here have a wake boat that looks similar to a Syrian Refugee pirate ship and they want some participation trophy for simply riding. Hey if you wanna keep you boat like the one in the photos above that's fine, but don't fool yourself that dosent make you any more core or better then anyone else. Same go's for the people that wanna over polish or maintain their boat. I personally prefer nice stuff. I'm a little bi..h I personally would never set foot in a dirty boat. Can't stand it don't care what brand or how new it it's, I'm not sitting in a floating garbage can for a few hrs to do a set so I can be "core" but you may be fine with it, but sorry I'll pass
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-07-2017, 9:43 AM Reply   
Please cue Sara M. Some of you guys are going to need to cry this one out.

Attached are photos of my current boat and me using it last weekend. It is never cool to talk crap about other peoples gear. It took me a long time to get where I am in both of these photos. Most of what I learned was behind a 1988 Malibu skier I bought when I was 17 years old and had to completely rework to get it sea worthy (It never looked that good). I had an old bullhorn for a tower speaker that I found in a scrap pile at a job site and a used head unit that I bought at a pawn shop. It was the best that I could afford at the time.
Attached Images

Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-07-2017, 7:44 PM Reply   
Shutting them up with the whirly 5...Justin didn't you have a green mzx? Is that the new LSV? How does the wake (not surf wave) compare? You don't know me but we have mutual friends...
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-08-2017, 4:49 AM Reply   
Yeah, the mean-girls club can get out of hand. Sometimes enough is enough.

I had a blue one a few years ago. This boat is the 25LSV. I first had one out on a demo in 2015. I was driving, looked in the mirror and said, "That is the best looking wake I have ever seen." It has a super long transition, but finishes strong with no crust at the top. The older I get, the more I like the friendly landing pad. It is as big as a G23 or M235, but is a lot more ridable for my style. the M and G are like taking a double-up set. This boat is for sale. I have a 23LSV coming in at the end of Sept. I have my fingers crossed that the wake is as good as the 25, but I am not really worried. Malibu consistently makes an easy to ride wake.

If you are looking at an MXZ, hit me up on DM. I love the LSV and MXZ equally, but for different reason. I can give a whole dissertation on the subject.