Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-22-2017, 9:26 AM Reply   
I need a new Sunbrella boat cover for my 2000 Supra Launch. Anyone bought a Covermate Exact Fit from Overton's? Comments on the fit & finish? I can get one for $523 with their periodic 20% off code, seems like a good deal if they are decent quality. I'm looking at close to $700 for a local upholstery shop to make one.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       10-22-2017, 1:27 PM Reply   
I had a custom two piece cover made for my Saltare at a local shop. They charged $700, using Sunbrella material. Mine is 7 years old and still fine other than a little fading. It needs to be treated every couple years to repel water, I use some Starbrite product for teflon every year or two. I use it every day for 3-4 weeks out of the year when the boat is on the water. Occasionally a few other times throughout the year. Normally the boat stays in the yard and I just use a tarp tented high so no water pools or can soak through. Pro-tip for us cheap guys without a suitable garage or carport, leave fenders or buoy balls out between the boat and tarp, it allows plenty of air circulation.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-23-2017, 2:07 PM Reply   
I find it very strange that I can't find a single review of these covers anywhere on the 'net. They're not returnable or refundable, so I'd really like to read something positive before I drop that much money sight-unseen.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-24-2017, 4:07 AM Reply   
I talked to someone that bought one from overtones before I bought my cover last year. They said the fit on their Malibu was terrible. I ended up buying from skiboatcovers.com. I’m very happy with my new cover. You can either spend 500 once then 700 two years down road because your not happy or spend 700 once. This one was more than 700 but I can’t fit my 24’ boat in a garage.
Attached Images

Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-24-2017, 5:31 AM Reply   
Thanks!
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-02-2017, 7:25 AM Reply   
As it turns out, Overton's, iboats, and many others are reselling Westland covers. I found a couple good reviews of the exact fit covers, and went ahead and bought one from www.boatcoversdirect.com. The folks at BCD were more knowledgeable on the phone, more transparent on their website, and came very close to Overton's price with their periodic 20% discount code. It showed up in a week, seems to be made well, and fits great. Here are some pics. The color is charcoal tweed. I still need to trim the tiedown straps. $530 for a custom fit Sunbrella cover is hard to beat. I got two local quotes, and both were around $1100.
Attached Images

Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       11-02-2017, 11:10 AM Reply   
Nice cover !! I'm going to need one next spring .
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-02-2017, 12:09 PM Reply   
I almost went with that same color on my cover. Now I wish I had.

Looks Good.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-19-2020, 10:46 AM Reply   
I just looked up this thread to see how long I'd had this cover, so I thought I'd post an update. After 3.5 years of 24/7 Texas weather, this cover still looks great. The velcro is starting to bleach just a bit in a few spots, and there's a little mold here & there which is not the cover's fault. Otherwise it hasn't changed a bit. It has also fit tight enough to keep critters out the whole time, which I've struggled with in the past. Awesome value.

Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       04-20-2020, 2:15 AM Reply   
Thanks for the update. It is always nice when someone comes back to update a thread.