Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (J_Swelly)      Join Date: Aug 2014       04-06-2015, 8:52 PM Reply   
Anyone given this board a try? Really curious as to how it rides, specifically how slick it is on rails. I'm coming from a SS Windsor, which I love, but I'm on my 3rd SS board in a year, so I'm looking to try a different company.

Also curious about the O'Brien Breddas if anyone has any input on that.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-13-2015, 2:50 PM Reply   
I should have a Huxtable soon, but as of now i can't review it for you. But i can say that the Humanoid stuff is really nice in general. Board quality is awesome, just an all around great company. I do know that some of the team riders have been shredding the Huxtable both at the cable and behind the boat, and they hold up extremely well. If you are interested in trying one, let me know. I will put you in touch with someone that will take good care of you on a board.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-13-2015, 5:53 PM Reply   
Joe, still got that Bandwagon laying around if ya want to give it a go! I'm out of commission this summer and won't be riding it anyway!
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-14-2015, 6:08 AM Reply   
The Huxtable is the board to get if youre looking for something youd prolly never break. The contruction of these boards is unreal and Depending on what you are looking for in the board it maybe perfect for you. Its super fun in the park and is epic off kickers.. personally I prefer riding the Plank because its soooo much softer, but the I find myself from time to time wanting to get a couple sets in on the Huxtable and switch it up.

As far as in the park.. The board has a ton of rocker and it slides great on EVERYTHING (plastic, metal, concrete, etc) !! Its got several channels in the bottom which allow it to hold a great edge in any water condition. Alot of times when its pretty windy out ill Jump off the plank and ride the Huxtable. Ive been down here shredding in the Philippines for the past few months and everyday I love Humanoids gear more and more!!

I havent personally ridden a windsor so I cant really compare them from a rider standpoint, but I can tell you that you WONT be upset going with anything from the Humanoid Lineup. If youre wanting a board thats kinda in between the Hux and the Plank.. def check out the Oracle.

I hope that I answered your questions here but feel free to hit me up with anymore you have about the Humanoid gear and I can help to straighten ya out.

CH
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-14-2015, 6:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaxymek View Post
Joe, still got that Bandwagon laying around if ya want to give it a go! I'm out of commission this summer and won't be riding it anyway!
for sure buddy, love to give it a rip! Why are you out?
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-14-2015, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburbo View Post
for sure buddy, love to give it a rip! Why are you out?
I'll throw it into a box here soon and send it your way! Getting surgery to fix up my hip, puts me out until about August effectively ending my summer before it begins lol