Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (charvey)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-08-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
The guy selling this boat says it doesn't have an hour meter. He says he used to be an MB dealer and you have to hook up to a computer to get the hours. He doesn't have the computer. Sounds fishy to me. Any input? Link below is to the webpage where the boat is for sale about half way down the page. Any input on this boat and price would be great.

http://www.austinsportboats.com/pre.html
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-08-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
If it has pp the hour meter is in the sub menu. so yes, it sounds fishy. If he was a dealer he should know this. Judging by the boat i am sure it has perfect pass
Old     (jumpman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-08-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
MB did not have an hour meter in the dash or in the Perfect pass in 2004, so i would guess that the same is true on this one. I have worked with Mike on some boat deals & he is a very straight shooter.
Old     (charvey)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-08-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
This information helps. When I talked to the guy he seemed like a good guy, but I hadn't heard of any newer boats without an hour meter. Thanks for the input.
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-08-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
I had on 03. The hour meter is there I promise. Dont you think it would be a little stupid for the consumer not to be able to check the hours without a lap top? Read the manual!
Old     (jumpman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-08-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
Aaron, Sweet ride in your profile. Is Kustom Kar any relation to Kal Kustom? I Could not agree more about being able to check the hours. We sold a 2004 MB B-52 with P.P. & i promise there is no hour meter in the unit. I was very surprised as well. We were a Centurion dealer for a while & they had some boats that did not have a hour meter. Mid year they started mounting the meter on the motor
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-08-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
I've got an 02 MB with perfect pass, and the hourmeter is in the perfect pass, but there is no other one on the boat.

Any shop will have the plug to read the hours, it's not difficult, i can't even imagine them charging him for it. Tell him he needs to get that number before he should expect to sell the boat, and that you want confirmation of it from the shop...it sounds like he's trying to leave that fact out of the equation.
Old     (charvey)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-08-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
I assume one could be mounted at any time. You could probably adjust the meter to read current hours. This may be a beneficial addition for re-sale purposes.
Old    walt            02-08-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
I think the pre 04 B-52's had a slightly different hull (Spray pockets) that had a double lip on the wake.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-08-2007, 5:15 PM Reply   
I think the 03 is the same hull they have now Walt. I wouldnt bet my life on it but I am pretty sure anyway. I have an 05 and I do have an hour meter on it.
Old    walt            02-08-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
Danial,
I'm basing that on what a former Mb sales person told me. I'll try to look into it.

I think the 03 is the same hull but it has spray pockets that cause a second lip on the wake.
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-08-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
Yes,The pre 04 had the same hull as the 220v witch was more of a sport boat w/ the same pockets that did cause the lip on the wake
Old     (charvey)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-08-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
So there are better boats to be had for 35-40K?
Old    walt            02-08-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
IMO...Yes.
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-09-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
I don't know if there are better boats for that money there might be boats w/ a better wake but build quality will be very hard to beat at that money
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-09-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
I agree with Aaron
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-09-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
Spray pockets do exist, but weighting it properly will pretty much eliminate the 2nd lip...I haven't seen mine in ages :-)
As for wake and build quality, well...a 'better' wake is a matter of individual opinion, whereas you can easily verify the build quality :-) I personally love the wake on mine and haven't received any complaints from other riders.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-09-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
Wow...just went and looked at that boat, are you looking at the black/white flame one? That's a damn fine deal if the hours are good!
Old     (charvey)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-09-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
Yeah, I'm talking about the one with the black and white flame job. So Tony, you actually went to the shop and saw it?
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-09-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
to the shop? no, i just found it on that website you posted. Seems to have a lot of options to it, is all i was saying.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-09-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
Chris, I saw the same exact boat last year at my home lake, same yera same colors shceme it is a very good looking boat. As has been disscussed to get the wake where you want you will have to play with the wake. Pull the trigger buddy summer is almost here. I don;t know if you are married or not...but my boat is a frigging babe magnet. When you get to my age, you need all the help you can get.