Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (gpd005)      Join Date: May 2013       09-06-2013, 11:01 AM Reply   
I'll be honest, i suck on a wakeboard. i can get up cross the wake heel and toe side and when i'm feeling really frisky i will attempt to jump the wake and on a very rare day i even land it. But i love to kneeboard. I know this is an old school thing to do but i was just curious how many other people are busting out the kneeboards and still riding them? It seems like we see a lot of people still doing it but there is very little talk about it online like there is with wake boards. just curious.
Old     (MBofTexas)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-06-2013, 12:47 PM Reply   
We kneeboard, I'm 42 my kids are 10 and 6(boys). It is a good platform to start kids on to build confidence and stability on the water. Both are on wakeboards now and I am the only one on kneeboard, but I kill it.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-06-2013, 1:27 PM Reply   
There's actually been a resurgence in kneeboarding the last couple of years. New technology, like the O'Brien Sozo and Everett Super Seat, has taken the sport to another level. I ride for O'Brien and they've got some great products coming out. KneeboardWorld.com is a great place for tips and such.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       09-06-2013, 2:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpd005 View Post
I'll be honest, i suck on a wakeboard. i can get up cross the wake heel and toe side and when i'm feeling really frisky i will attempt to jump the wake and on a very rare day i even land it.
Practice practice and more practice! It takes hours and hours of riding to get better but thats the addicting part. The more comfortable you become, the easier things get. Seeing the progression summer after summer is whats awesome! And ya tearing it up on a kneeboard every once in a while is always a good time... especially after a few beers
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-06-2013, 4:11 PM Reply   
Yah, I suck at wakeboarding too, but its still better than kneeboarding
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       09-06-2013, 4:45 PM Reply   
For me kneeboarding has always been to wakeboarding what inline skating was to skateboarding. Yeah, some people might be doing inverts and raleys, but in the end they're still riding a kneeboard
Old     (davedidonato90)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-06-2013, 6:35 PM Reply   
We usually take out the kneeboards after a few beers, or if we didn't have the best day of boarding. Nothing like "knee brawling" (riding doubles on kneedboards and try to spray and make your opponent fall - any means necessary) to cap off a long day. I still prefer wakeboarding but kneeboarding is a blast! So fun and easy. And I agree, great way for kids to get the feel of edging and build confidence!
Old     (robertstone9)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-06-2013, 7:47 PM Reply   
just sold mine couple months ago took up to much room in the boat but would still get on one given the chance
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-13-2013, 5:27 AM Reply   
grew up kneeboarding before wakeboarding really came on in like 1997. I don't understand how it isn't extremely painful for adults. My knees kill me in that position!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-13-2013, 6:40 AM Reply   
A few years back was cleaning out the garage and found my old one.... figured I would give it a whirl and it was actually kind of fun because of how easy it was.

... the old days (when I was like 10) I didn't do much more than surface tricks, but was able to do lots of different flips, wake to wake 3s and 5s, mobes, raleys, and whips around the boat (so fun). I always rode on a SHORT line though, like 50 ft at 18 mph. I wanted a big wake that was straight up and down, my knees and back couldn't handle landing in the flats.

... a few pics from a few years back
...even did a dock start

The around the boat whip
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-13-2013, 3:22 PM Reply   
In my less mature days I was banned when answering on this topic.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-13-2013, 4:48 PM Reply   
Ty, did you say something like this is definitely the gayest thread and how it should Not be in the wakeboarding discussion?
Old     (tomk)      Join Date: May 2011       09-15-2013, 6:22 PM Reply   
joeshmoe, post a pic of you wakeboarding, do you boost this high?
Attached Images

Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-15-2013, 6:45 PM Reply   
Damn Jo shmoe are you gonna take that?? From a kneeboarder???
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-15-2013, 8:48 PM Reply   
At least it's not fruit booting?

My closest friend and riding partner happens to be a kneeboarder, and respect to him and all you guys. I'd never be able to put my body through that...
Old     (rrkyle)      Join Date: Dec 2010       09-15-2013, 9:33 PM Reply   
I normally do not participate but..

Not sure why all the hate for kneeboarders here. A lot of us go bigger than most of the little doosh nozzles hiding behind the keyboard saying its "gay" or whatever. No reason to hate. Just a different sport.

Most people also haven't seen any "good" kneeboarders so they have a skewed opinion.

Check us out!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FLv_GkQJc6g

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Rb4mGqUeQ

FLEX KNEEBOARD GIANT!
Old     (Kwclark)      Join Date: Oct 2013       11-24-2013, 7:32 PM Reply   
Knee boarding is what wakeboarders have to do for eternity when they are condemmed to hell.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       11-25-2013, 12:26 AM Reply   
I picked one up at the thrift shop along with a broken keyboard and a sweet blanket. Only 99 Cents!
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-25-2013, 4:03 AM Reply   
^ go back and listen to the lyrics. I don't think you're gonna want to use that blanket... Anyways, I don't care if you're doing 1260's on a kneeboard, you're still no better than that kid riding a ripstick at the skatepark
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       11-25-2013, 8:33 AM Reply   
The blanket was sweet.
It was the leopard mink that smelled like R. Kelly's sheets.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-25-2013, 8:42 AM Reply   
M2's Slogan used to be, "Ride'm all". I liked that!

Sunday Fundays at the 2.0 you are required to take a lap "on something else" before you get to strap on a wakeboard. Keeboard, Boomboxes (two skate board decks with wake bindings), The chair (wakeboard, stool, kneeboard strap) and the mini slolam (longboard skateboard deck with a old school wakeboard fin and slalom bindings) are a few of the favorites. If you make a turn or land something off the kicker you win. You don't actually win anything, but you get a million points and a lot of high-fives.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-25-2013, 9:06 AM Reply   
If I ever make it to Louisiana I want to ride with those dudes. Looks like nothing but fun in that Fall Fly video. Keep it up.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-25-2013, 9:49 AM Reply   
Check out Frankie P...... http://www.frankiepanno.com/
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-01-2013, 12:05 PM Reply   
can this thread just get deleted or moved to the kneeboard section?
Old     (nautiboy614)      Join Date: Dec 2010       12-02-2013, 9:14 AM Reply   
We have a kneeboarder on our shop team, here's a vid from a couple years ago, enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6U_BiJXHg8
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-02-2013, 9:24 AM Reply   
didnt know so many people were this good on their knees