Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-30-2011, 8:06 PM Reply   
The boat had probably been sitting in my drive way for 2 weeks. I uncover it to find this?! We just got a new cover. could this be the issue?
Attached Images

Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-30-2011, 8:56 PM Reply   
Hit it with some malco vinyl and leather cleaner and a scrub brush then leave it sit in the sunshine for a few days., should get rid of it.

Do you frequently put it away wet? If so be sure to wipe it down and get it as dry as possibly before putting your cover on and also throw
a few tubs of dampRID in it before closing it up.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-31-2011, 5:30 AM Reply   
Check out the mastercraft teamtalk forum. People with 06 and 07 boats are having these problems. Some people thought it was the factory cover, (is your new cover a factory replacement?), others think maybe the backing on the vinyl is seeping through. Either way its a problem. Supposedly letting it sit in the sun will really help out, then scrubbing it with a vinyl cleaner. Teamtalk has a huge thread on this, www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk. Hope this helps.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-31-2011, 6:32 AM Reply   
We had the same issue with our malibu except it was turning beige...turns out it was the glue/backing color seeping through.

Didnt help with the damn FL heat and humidity
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-31-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
Yeah I have seen this on Malibu and MC and only when their covers are on. I have heard a bunch of people trying to figure out what it is. I am curious to know if anyone definitely knows and the cure....
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-31-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
I had the same issue on my EPIC 23V. I will say it is the bleed through on the black cover. If you look at some sun faded black fabrics it will appear to have a hint of red.

I know it wasn't the vinyl. I had replaced the grey center pad at one time with White and it happened to the new vinyl.

Common factors I noticed - HOT, SUNNY - stored outdoors at the time.

FWIW - I let it sit without a cover and the sun bleached it back. I suggest trying a white sheet or towel as a buffer and see if that works.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-31-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
I think it has something to do with the Vinyl too. I have a buddy that replaced one of his rear cushions with the same exposure to the cover and it dyed one of them and not the other one. There has to be some reaction with some vinyl and the cover...
Old     (ckdollar)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-31-2011, 10:45 AM Reply   
Happened to our 99 SAN too, seemed to happen after a rain + 100 heat days that followed. Store is on a lift and covered so I dont think there is much we could have done.
Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-31-2011, 11:43 AM Reply   
Had that happen to my '02 x-star, not to that extream but the red like what you have. I was told by my dealer that it is a fugus in the vinyl. Sun will help bleach it out, but Mastercraft ended up replacing the entire interior of my boat. I had the red show up on all three sections of the sun deck and three seat bases.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-01-2011, 6:37 PM Reply   
My cover is not original. I got mine from skiboatcovers.com . i dont want to think its the cover, but i only got he cover a month or so ago....
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-02-2011, 4:09 PM Reply   
Might recommend putting a white terrycloth towel on the sunpad before putting the cover on. Not sure if it would still bleed through. I suspect the cover. I have a sunbrella cover and have washed it before although it had specific instructions to do so.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-03-2011, 7:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfred View Post
Had that happen to my '02 x-star, not to that extream but the red like what you have. I was told by my dealer that it is a fugus in the vinyl. Sun will help bleach it out, but Mastercraft ended up replacing the entire interior of my boat. I had the red show up on all three sections of the sun deck and three seat bases.
^^^^^^^ this.
I saw this allot last year. Nothing to do about it except replace. I hope that isn't your issue but it's a real possibility.
Good luck.