Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bigd1031)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-23-2015, 8:18 PM Reply   
Looking for some input from the forum....

Recently moved up to the Sacramento area to be closer to family and the Delta. I am in the market for a primarily (goofy side) surf boat and have been looking for a used Supreme V226, Centurion Enzo (had one lined up and the deal fell apart on Monday, he backed out) or a MB B52 WB......but I have had pretty much no luck.

I have always liked the Tige fit and finish as well as the wake/surf wake but never been a huge fan of the looks.....but I have recently started to come around.

I found a 2003 Tige 22 V that appears to be a decent deal (30k), for a 400 hour good condition boat as well as a 2007 Tige RZ2 with 500+ hours that appears to be in good conditions but is 10k more.

My question is this...is the RZ2 worth the extra money? Is the surf wake significantly better on the RZ2? (Going to look at the boats won't be easy as both are 300+ miles away.)

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-24-2015, 4:54 AM Reply   
Theres a huge difference between an 03V hull, which is not a Ve, and the 07 RZ, which is actually the same hull below the water line as the Ve. Yes, without a doubt, the RZ is going to be the better surf boat. The only down side to the 07 surf wave, is the wide swim platform can put a secondary lip through the wave. Some people are bothered by it, other not. Been a few that have modified the platform.
Old     (bigd1031)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2015, 6:30 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info Mike. I didn't realize there was such a huge difference between the V and Ve.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-24-2015, 7:00 AM Reply   
There's also a huge difference in the interior between those 2 boats. The RZ2 is a little more spacious and has nicer amenities than the 22V. I have had my '07 RZ2 since new and it has been a great boat. I did have to put a newer swim platform on it because the original one was gigantic and cuts into the surf wave. Mine puts out a good enough wave that I really have no reason to sell it and pursue a newer boat.

Is this the RZ2 you are going to look at? If so, you are all set for the surf wave:
http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ND-HUGE-BIMINI

Last edited by timmyb; 06-24-2015 at 7:03 AM.
Old     (bigd1031)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2015, 8:02 AM Reply   
Yeah, Timmy that is the one. Any thoughts on it?

Also, does anyone have an opinion on the 2007 Tige RZ2 vs the 2011 MB B52 WB?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-24-2015, 8:10 AM Reply   
The guy selling it is a respected member of Tigeowners.com and he has been trying to sell it for over a year. I don't know him personally though. The boat looks to be very nice in the pictures and from what I have read, his downfall on selling it is his location.

Does the B52 WB have the wakeplate option on it? If it doesn't, I wouldn't get that as a surf boat unless you are planning on adding it. The MB's do make an awesome wave but require more ballast than the RZ2 would. The B52 probably puts out a little better wakeboarding wake than the RZ2. The RZ2's wakeboarding wake is decent but it's very temperamental as far as positioning people in the boat and the MB's don't seem to be that way. The main thing that I don't like about MB's is their seating position. I feel like my knees are in my chest when trying to drive those boats compared to my RZ2. Other than that, they are pretty good boats and you can get a good wake out of them.

As always, test drive and ride behind anything that you are serious about buying. Looking at pictures on the internet is one thing, driving it and riding behind it is the only way you will know for sure that it's the boat for you.

P
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-24-2015, 9:33 AM Reply   
IMO an 03 22V for 30 is overpriced. You could get a boat from the "big 3" at that year for that money... The 07 sounds like a pretty good price and boat from a known source on the tige board
Old     (bigd1031)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-25-2015, 9:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info everyone. I am hoping to go check out the RZ2 and the MB B52 within the next week or so.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2015, 12:59 PM Reply   
Looks like the RZ2 is gone, sold yesterday to someone in Montana.
Old     (dingleberry)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-26-2015, 1:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Looks like the RZ2 is gone, sold yesterday to someone in Montana.
Think you are getting your RZ2's mixed up, Timmy. Rushin's was the one that just sold.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2015, 2:10 PM Reply   
Oops! Sorry about that!