Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-06-2004, 7:02 PM Reply   
Let me know what you think of this amp???http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4507763491&catego ry=26444
Old    vern            12-06-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
No. It's cheap. You get what you pay for with amps. General rule of thumb is $1/watt. Back in highschool we had a saying that "pyle is a pile of ****". What are you going to be pushing with this amp.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-07-2004, 9:01 AM Reply   
Wakeman has a point, but what are you looking to get out of the amp? If you want the best, that amp is proabbly not for you. I've been using audiobahn amps in my boat for a few years now, and have only good things to say about them. They don't have the best rep in the industry but there relatively inexpensive, look good, and I've never had one overheat in my boat. And i've been known to run my radio all day (6-8) hours. Bottom line its up to the end user. I have no experience with that particular amp.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-07-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
Wait for our Kicker amp, sub, speaker auction that will start on Thursday, 12/16 and only run for 24 hours. You should be able to get a steal on that package.

Go here for more info: http://www.wakeworld.com/contests/2004/toysfortots2.asp
Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-07-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
Im going to be running cabin polk momos on it and maybe a sub because i need a another amp, the polk momos in the cabin are breaking up when i turn it up because 6 are powered by one channel. the 2 towers have thier own channel and the sub has its own channel.