Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-01-2004, 1:32 PM Reply   
I'm going to go and look at a loaded 01 Super Air. It has every option that was available in 01 except the the bigger motor. It has a big stereo but no tower speakers or tower lights. Do I need to pay attention to anything special on the boat? Any problem area's? It's got about 140 hours on it. What do you think would be a fair price?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-01-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
01 LCD gauges disappear in the sun and sometimes quit working. Factor a set of Faria replacement analogs into the pricing. Search on www.planetnautique.com for more info.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-01-2004, 3:57 PM Reply   
01 with ballast, perfect pass, keyless ignition, etc, would probably be around $35-$38k depending on how nice of condition it was in with 140hours. I've looked at a lot of 02-03 super airs, and they seem to be going for roughly $5k more with some of the changes made in 2002. You're from oregon so check to see if it has been run in salt water, ask about maintenance history, the usual. 140hrs is low usage for a 2001, but not too low where you have to worry about inactivity issues.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-01-2004, 4:09 PM Reply   
Thanks for the heads on the gauges I didn't know that. It look like the Faria gauge go for about 150 plus installation. What changes where made from 01 to 02? No salt water and good maintenance on the boat. The people that gave me the heads up say the guy is more anal about boats than I am.
Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-01-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
F.P I paid 35k for my '01 SAN last year. The guages were a recall item and my were replaced/brand new when I bought it. Mine had 75 hrs on it, loaded, in excellent condition in Nor Cal, and had a nice stereo (3 amps, tower speakers, etc.) I love the boat...its gonna be a long winter!
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-01-2004, 8:09 PM Reply   
Face Planter, Be very skeptical of the hours. The guages that go bad are also the hour meter, Correct Craft warantees the guages with new replacements and they start at zero hours again.
There are horor stories of at least one guy who thought he was buying a low hour 210 only to find out 10 hours into owning it that it was on it's 2nd engine and was ready for the 3rd.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-02-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
I'm pretty confident in the boat hours because of the mutual friend we share. I trust the people that have told me about the boat. They have been boating many time with the people who are selling. I am going to see if the gauges have been replaced and if they haven't I will require them to be replaced before I buy the boat.

Thanks for the heads up, anything else I need to ask about? Can you guys think of any other warrenty items that I would want to get fixed if I buy the boat?

Mike how where you able to keep the drive train warranty? How much did you have to pay? How about the hull warranty?
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-02-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
i had to have the gauge replaced on my '02 SAN, and i was pretty ticked to find out that it went back to 0 hours. i guess there's not much they can do about it, but it makes it tougher for honest guys like myself when i go to sell, because i have to let any prospective buyer know that my hours are incorrect. my boat only had about 120 hours on it when i brought it in to have the gauge changed, but it still sucks.

And now, my new gauge is acting up!!!
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-02-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
face planter-

No changes were made to the hull in 02. The changes were in the gelcoat (3 color panels no N shaped logo), the interior was redesigned creating more interior space, and a 3 piece sundeck. They switched to PCM 5.7L 330hp in 02 as an option I believe since some 02s have the GT-40 which I've heard is a sweet engine as well. 02 was the start of the new package linup (team, limited, signature).
Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-02-2004, 8:41 PM Reply   
FP-

The guy I bought it from paid to have the 7 year drive train warranty transfered(not sure what he paid), but I had to pay $300 for the life time hull warranty transfer.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-03-2004, 1:18 AM Reply   
The 3 piece sundeck was from 2001. The major changes of a 2002 model is that the upper deck is changed for more inner space and the transom is vertical for an easier access to the swimstep. And a front ballast system became an option.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-03-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
I'm going to go and pre view the boat tonight and talk to the guy some more. I emailed CC to see about the warrenty but they haven't emailed me back. Anyone suprised about that? Believe me when I say I'll be going over it with a fine tooth comb. If I even think it needs fixed it will be fixed before I buy it.