Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-30-2004, 4:28 PM Reply   
How often are you guys changing the impellor pump housing on the 03 & later 350 mag & black scorp. It seems mine are only lasting 100 hrs the brass body itself becomes badly scored on both the housing and flange, my mechanic is very fussy & recommends that they be changed out, so not only do I replace the impellor but also the $400 housing every 100 hrs. This seems like a crock to me. Is anybody else experiencing this?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-07-2004, 7:09 PM Reply   
No one had this issue?
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-08-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
Darren:
Sounds crazy to me. First you can buy entire loaded pump from West Marine or Discount Inboard for less than 400 but that doesnt include labor.
I know the plastic bodies warp and need replacing but the brass should last forever unless they get scored by crud like sand. call rich @ Skidim. He'll be very knowledegeable then post it back here.

Rick
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-08-2004, 9:31 PM Reply   
I have ran them over 1000 hours even when we were running in a very dirty salt water lake. I might suggest a perko water filter to help keep the particulates down. I have never replaced a brass pump housing in over 30 years of boating, can't think of any friends that have either.

On a side note we found one of the motors running in this water to be half full of mud when we rebuilt it. It might not be a bad idea to pull your freeze plugs at 500 hours to see what the inside of block looks like.

Mike

(Message edited by mikeski on December 08, 2004)