Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-28-2016, 7:54 PM Reply   
Heyyo - on the 11th I set out for a British Virgin Islands trip and just curious if there is anything that is a MUST DO item for those who have been.

We have a 45' cat rented that I'll be sailing for 10 days, so we have a lot of freedom on timelines and where to go.

Rough plan currently would be:
Day 1 - load boat, get ready to set out
Day 2 - Around Jost Van Dyke
Day 3 - Norman Island
Day 4 - Peter Island
Day 5 - Salt / Cooper Island
Day 6 / 7 - virgin Gorda
Day 8 / 9 - Aneganda
Day 10 - Back to home port

Anything specific on these islands that we should make sure to experience?

Thanks!
Old     (Summer225)      Join Date: Apr 2016       06-29-2016, 4:39 AM Reply   
I've done similar type trips before.....AMAZING ! You'll love it, a couple of my favorites:

Little Dix Bay on Virgin Gorda
Soggy Dollar Bar. https://www.soggydollar.com

Hanging out on the boat in a bikini for 10 days was tough to beat too! Have a great trip.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-29-2016, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Heyyo - on the 11th I set out for a British Virgin Islands trip and just curious if there is anything that is a MUST DO item for those who have been.

We have a 45' cat rented that I'll be sailing for 10 days, so we have a lot of freedom on timelines and where to go.

Rough plan currently would be:
Day 1 - load boat, get ready to set out
Day 2 - Around Jost Van Dyke-------Soggy Dollar, Salty Spit, White Bay(Cosouirs, and Foxys) Devils Pool.
Day 3 - Norman Island---------Willy T.
Day 4 - Peter Island--Wreck of the Rome
Day 5 - Salt / Cooper Island
Day 6 / 7 - virgin Gorda------The Baths, then sail around to the other side and hit Saba Rock, and bitter end
Day 8 / 9 - Aneganda------Eat Lobster
Day 10 - Back to home port

Anything specific on these islands that we should make sure to experience?

Thanks!
There is another place and I don't remember the name of the Bay on Tortola by the airport that is really cool. If you go on a full moon they have some pretty intense parties(at least in high season) We just went in February.
Attached Images

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-29-2016, 8:09 AM Reply   
Fireballs
Attached Images

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-29-2016, 8:49 AM Reply   
The 19th will be a full moon party, so we considered heading back to Beef Island / Trellis Bay for that. I hear they're pretty awesome so perhaps have to schedule around that.

Quote:
Hanging out on the boat in a bikini for 10 days was tough to beat too!
I'm pretty excited to to do a whole lot of nothing!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-29-2016, 9:17 AM Reply   
Paul: It's called Bomba's Shack. I did a New Years party there about 10 years ago. Pulled an all nighter basically as we came from St.Thomas.

http://www.bareboatsbvi.com/tortola/bombas-shack.php
Old     (Summer225)      Join Date: Apr 2016       06-29-2016, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
The 19th will be a full moon party, so we considered heading back to Beef Island / Trellis Bay for that. I hear they're pretty awesome so perhaps have to schedule around that.

I'm pretty excited to to do a whole lot of nothing!
Check out The Baths while on virgin gorda too, make sure there aren't any cruise ships stopping to check it out and you'll probably have the whole place to yourself....beautiful place and very secluded.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-29-2016, 9:42 AM Reply   
Thats it.

Nick, note I replied to your schedule in the quotes. I have been three times now and it never gets old.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-29-2016, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nick, note I replied to your schedule in the quotes. I have been three times now and it never gets old.
Didnt catch it first time looking, Thanks for all the input!!!

Quote:
Check out The Baths while on virgin gorda too
Thats the plan, hopefully going in summer will mean everywhere is pretty dead.

.... the whole thing was just dumb luck. My co-worker had booked a trip like 2 years ago, had to cancel due to a death in his family and the charter company said he had to re-book or lose his credit by Aug 1st. They had an extra bed on the ship and said if I wanted to come I was welcome (and my wife) .... she just happened to be switching jobs so had like 3 weeks between them that perfectly lined up with the trip. The whole trip will only cost my wife and like $2k (plane tix, food, and drink) ... yay for dumb luck!
Old     (Summer225)      Join Date: Apr 2016       06-29-2016, 11:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Didnt catch it first time looking, Thanks for all the input!!!

Thats the plan, hopefully going in summer will mean everywhere is pretty dead.

.... the whole thing was just dumb luck. My co-worker had booked a trip like 2 years ago, had to cancel due to a death in his family and the charter company said he had to re-book or lose his credit by Aug 1st. They had an extra bed on the ship and said if I wanted to come I was welcome (and my wife) .... she just happened to be switching jobs so had like 3 weeks between them that perfectly lined up with the trip. The whole trip will only cost my wife and like $2k (plane tix, food, and drink) ... yay for dumb luck!
I'd rather be lucky than good any day! Hopefully you'll avoid any and all storms that time of year too.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-29-2016, 11:23 AM Reply   
Drink a pain killer for me at Soggy Dollar.... We went to St. John Last year and rented a power boat. Went to Virgin Gorda one day and Norman Island the next.

Drive the Rome, go to the Indian caves and Party on Willie Ts pirate Ship.

The BVI is awesome.
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-29-2016, 1:46 PM Reply   
I just flew back to Michigan from the BVIs yesterday after 7 days of sailing. AMAZING trip.

Virgin Gorda
The Baths are really cool, definitely one of the most photographed areas.
North Sound was a cool area,

Salt Island
We dove the wreck of the RMS Rhone with Scuba gear, but the rudder/prop is very visible while snorkling. The best dive of the trip for sure. Highly recommend diving it, but you could probably snorkel it if you're comfortable with holding your breath and doing short dives down. The weather can make this spot a bit challenging if it's really windy.

Snorkling around the Indians was great between Peter/Norman

Anegada is just plain different, we took a cab ($6 1 way) to the far side of the island and the snorkling was incredible. You can rent mopeds and drive it yourself but it's more expensive.

It was about 90 degrees every day, and we would typically catch 2-3 quick pop up showers each night. All in all a really fun trip and I'm sure I'll be back at some point. have fun!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-30-2016, 6:37 AM Reply   
Rhone. Rome its all the same...... Lol

People we were with did the mopeds on Anegada and said it was great btw.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-22-2016, 12:29 PM Reply   
Awesome trip .... came home to this .... so yay!