Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-01-2015, 8:25 PM Reply   
The BIG12 can't have a Championship Game, they only have 10 teams. Have to have 12, or the NCAA won't let you do it. It's why Utah is in the PAC12.

I never said Conference Championships didn't matter?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-01-2015, 8:31 PM Reply   
What I did say, was the committee had a job and that was put the best 4 teams in the playoffs, regardless of conference affiliation or win/losses, their charge was to put the best 4 teams in a playoff, period.

BTW, loving what OSU is doing right now... 34-21.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-01-2015, 9:00 PM Reply   
Nobody knew TCU would come out and look like arguably the best team in the Country against Ole Miss, nor think that Baylor would chit the bed against Michigan State. It's CFB....and been fun!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-01-2015, 9:25 PM Reply   
Holy chit! Bama looks in SERIOUS TROUBLE... $EC$EC!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-01-2015, 9:45 PM Reply   
The ohio state university rolls the tide!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-01-2015, 10:08 PM Reply   
So, Schmoe....no response to your comment to me? Congrats on your win!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-02-2015, 2:21 PM Reply   
no S.E.C team going to the big dance. I love it. It gets old hearing how awesome the S.E.C. is

bahahahahah
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-03-2015, 2:21 AM Reply   
Deuce, no, I didn't see your comment because I was on my smart phone, but why can't the big 12 get two more teams? I'm sure there are more teams that want to get in on the playoffs,boise or cincinnati maybe? Its not like they didn't know what was coming. Not that I care, I think it will be much easier for Ohio State to get in the finals in the future if the big 12 doesn't have a championship game.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-03-2015, 7:37 AM Reply   
I think it's weighing the option of getting two mediocre teams to dilute the conference & having to share $$$ with them vs. if this issue will arise again. If was Texas or Oklahoma at 3, second to last week, I don't think they would have dropped & OSU would have been left out, Championship Game or not. It would be interesting to know how the AD's at Texas & OU feel about expansion, but they are fine with 10. I think name/program recognition/history helped OSU and hurt TCU.

Games have been awesome, great bowl season so far.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2015, 5:47 PM Reply   
Nice first drive for the Ducks, save for the fumble and "almost" fumble.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2015, 6:09 PM Reply   
Impressive drive by OSU.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2015, 6:20 PM Reply   
Oregon killing themselves, OSU happy to take advantage!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2015, 6:46 PM Reply   
Now OSU can't hold onto the ball, killing themselves. Weren't hurt the 1st time, let's see what Oregon does with their 2nd chance.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2015, 8:33 PM Reply   
Ohio State dominating LOS... Impressive!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2015, 9:42 PM Reply   
Congrats, Joe... Big win for the Buckeyes.

Urban has a deal with the devil....guy is a Monster.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2015, 11:09 PM Reply   
I wanted the Ducks, but Good God if this playoff doesn't work. OSU was rolling late, one loss in their last 2 years and wouldn't have had a sniff if not for the playoff.

Win it on the field.... Good first run for the CFB Selection team and playoff.
Old     (azeus17)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-13-2015, 6:06 AM Reply   
OSU has had 3 losses in the last two years...Virginia Tech this year and Michigan State and Clemson last year. Still agree with your statement though that they would not have had a chance to play for a championship without the playoff.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2015, 7:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeus17 View Post
OSU has had 3 losses in the last two years...Virginia Tech this year and Michigan State and Clemson last year. Still agree with your statement though that they would not have had a chance to play for a championship without the playoff.
Nice catch, thought last year was their undefeated year, Meyers' first with them....but that was 2012. Been there 3 years I guess.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-13-2015, 11:43 AM Reply   
Also big fan of the new playoff system. So nice to see it earned on the field rather than the same old SEC slanted voting. Ohio State wouldn't have had a prayer in the old voting system. Think they should expand it to 8 teams. What a great bunch of college games at the end of the season!