Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (creekrat)      Join Date: May 2018       07-06-2018, 7:31 AM Reply   
After being away from the lake life for way too long the wife and I moved back close to grand lake in northeast Oklahoma. My parents had a 1986 mastercraft tristar 190 that reverse went out on the velvet drive in 2012. I rebuilt the transmission and got her back seaworthy and after being back on the water the wife has given me the go ahead to search for a boat of our own for us to surf, wake/kneeboard and the kids tube from. We also like to go out with friends and family so it won’t be uncommon for us to stuff 8-10 people in it and our lake can get pretty choppy on days so we definitely want something long and wide. Some of my requirements are length of at least 23’, some sort of stock ballast that is subfloor(I know we’ll have to add to this), and a tower with a bimini. If it comes with some sort of decent stock surf system then that’s an added bonus. I’ve also looked at using a suck gate or the possibility of adding GSA to whichever boat we get. I do like the larger motors since they have more torque so that is always a plus in my books since we will be slamming it from time to time and that torque will help us get moving. Our budget is $45,000. Any help, insight, knowledge is greatly appreciated.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-06-2018, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekrat View Post
After being away from the lake life for way too long the wife and I moved back close to grand lake in northeast Oklahoma. My parents had a 1986 mastercraft tristar 190 that reverse went out on the velvet drive in 2012. I rebuilt the transmission and got her back seaworthy and after being back on the water the wife has given me the go ahead to search for a boat of our own for us to surf, wake/kneeboard and the kids tube from. We also like to go out with friends and family so it won’t be uncommon for us to stuff 8-10 people in it and our lake can get pretty choppy on days so we definitely want something long and wide. Some of my requirements are length of at least 23’, some sort of stock ballast that is subfloor(I know we’ll have to add to this), and a tower with a bimini. If it comes with some sort of decent stock surf system then that’s an added bonus. I’ve also looked at using a suck gate or the possibility of adding GSA to whichever boat we get. I do like the larger motors since they have more torque so that is always a plus in my books since we will be slamming it from time to time and that torque will help us get moving. Our budget is $45,000. Any help, insight, knowledge is greatly appreciated.

23’ with subfloor ballast and $45k budget will be tough. Only 23’ boats I know with subfloor ballast are the newer SAN G23 and Centurion fi23 and ri23 and you will need to multiply your budget by 2-3x for those.

For 23’ in your budget you might be looking at an older 2012-2015 boat with regular ballast bags.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2018, 7:05 AM Reply   
You could easily find a 2009-2011 Centurion Enzo 230 for $45 I would think. You would just need and Enzo Sack pre-2011 and that would be all you need. Not sub-floor, but sub seats, ie, no bags on seats. Plenty of room for everyone and has a nice deep vee hull that goes through chop like few boats of that age. Surf wave is top notch. Good luck in your search and let us know what you end up with. Pics are always welcome here
Old     (tkvaale)      Join Date: Sep 2017       07-25-2018, 7:54 AM Reply   
drnate is correct in that an enzo would be a great option for you. My suggestion may be a little bias, but our X45 would do everything you described. We surf most of the time and it throws a monster (1,000 lbs in floor stock ballast, 400# in each rear locker, 750# in custom wakemakers bags under the bow seats, and depending how many people we have aboard, we sometimes fill a 750# fatsac on the floor in the center, just ordered 500# of lead to place around the boat, and attach the Mission Delta on the side). It throws a beefy wake to wakeboard too. Our lake is extremely choppy in the afternoon and it handles it like nothing. 24' long holds you and up to 17 of your best friends. If you're like us and don't need to fold your tower often, the four point tower on the the older models (we have an 08) looks better than the newer 2 point tower on mastercrafts. We have the 5.7L motor and it works great, haven't had any issues. We bought a 2008 in 2015 with 130 hrs and just cracked 400 hrs this last weekend. Here is one with a 8.1L which I've heard have a few more issues but this boat looks great for that price. https://www.onlyinboards.com/2008-Ma...ona-84656.aspx
Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       07-25-2018, 10:13 AM Reply   
Find an older generation MB B52 23. Pre 2014. Then install fake surf gates (goose slappers)—about $1000 and areasonable DIY. Absolutely wonderful boat. With a very solid and easy to use automated wave.

Their flooding hull ballast is the cat’s ass.